The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   diamonds (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66101)

Chuck A 05-03-2014 6:11pm

diamonds

May 5 will be our 23 year married so i decide to buy her a 3 stone ring, 1.33 karat almost 2500$ man i just received it, that freaking ring is small, i shouldnt have gotten the dianonds on the side of the ring, yea may need to get it bigger

LisaJohn 05-03-2014 6:18pm

So each diamond is approximately .40 each?
I need pics of ring please.

Bucwheat 05-03-2014 6:33pm

Go bigger

lspencer534 05-03-2014 6:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1171349)
May 5 will be our 23 year married so i decide to buy her a 3 stone ring, 1.33 karat almost 2500$ man i just received it, that freaking ring is small, i shouldnt have gotten the dianonds on the side of the ring, yea may need to get it bigger

If you're going to get a diamond in 1-1.5 karat size, just get one stone. They look fairly big that way. Or get a 3 karat cubic zircon....

Chuck A 05-03-2014 6:55pm

i am having a problem posting a pic right now, hold on dam it

simpleman68 05-03-2014 7:12pm

Chuck, don't be so critical of your purchase. Diamonds are never as big as you feel they should be after you pay what you do for them. :Jeff '79:
Sounds like a very loving and thoughtful gift that I'm sure she'll love.

for future reference, you aren't that far from the diamond district in the city.
I go to Nisanov Jewelers who has a store front at the market.

Feel free to shoot me a pm if you'd like his info or an introduction. They have wonderful diamonds to choose from at extremely competitive pricing. :cert:
Scott

Chuck A 05-03-2014 7:18pm

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps29045167.jpg
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...psc7963d8a.jpg
here are some pics, the diamonds are vs1

mrvette 05-03-2014 7:20pm

Craigslist, and 2 local jewelers to verify it's real.....

:seasix::hurray:

OH, and keep in mind, if a jeweler says it's worth 13k, it's only really worth 3k.....

seriously....

Chuck A 05-03-2014 7:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1171398)
Chuck, don't be so critical of your purchase. Diamonds are never as big as you feel they should be after you pay what you do for them. :Jeff '79:
Sounds like a very loving and thoughtful gift that I'm sure she'll love.

for future reference, you aren't that far from the diamond district in the city.
I go to Nisanov Jewelers who has a store front at the market.

Feel free to shoot me a pm if you'd like his info or an introduction. They have wonderful diamonds to choose from at extremely competitive pricing. :cert:
Scott

thanks but will defenitely be getting bigger, meanwhile i have no clue as to what if they are diamond or not, but got them and got a certificate saying they are

simpleman68 05-03-2014 7:24pm

It is a fuzzy picture but it looks like a very clean center stone.
Nice color as well and it looks just wrong on your big hairy hands. :D

She'll love it unless she was expecting the Pink Panther. :Jeff '79:
Scott

Chuck A 05-03-2014 7:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilligan (Post 1171403)

OH, and keep in mind, if a jeweler says it's worth 13k, it's only really worth 3k.....

seriously....

:iagree: :iagree:Its freaking insane

lspencer534 05-03-2014 7:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilligan (Post 1171403)

seriously....

My MIL is kinda snooty, because my FIL was pretty rich. She has Alzeimers now. My wife took her wedding ring to a jeweler to be appraised for insurance purposes. It was supposedly a 5 karat high quality diamond. Cubic zirconia. :rofl:

Reminds me of the time she came to my Christmas party. She showed up in a fur coat. I asked her what kind of fur it was. "Why...mink. of course!", she said.

After a long pause, I said, "Must have been a big 'un...."

Chuck A 05-03-2014 7:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1171406)
It is a fuzzy picture but it looks like a very clean center stone.
Nice color as well and it looks just wrong on your big hairy hands. :D

She'll love it unless she was expecting the Pink Panther. :Jeff '79:
Scott

thanks but i am disappointed

JRD77VET 05-03-2014 7:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1171409)
thanks but i am disappointed

It does look good but if you're not happy, talk to Scott about the jeweler he recommended :yesnod:

LisaJohn 05-03-2014 7:48pm

I'm sorry you're disappointed. I think it's pretty. What is the size of the center stone? The stones on the side?
I have my mom's three stone ring. When I got it I started wearing it with my half carat engagement ring. The diamonds in the three stone ring are all the same size, about a quarter of a carat each. The appraisal from 2003 says H1, near colorless, SI1, perfectly matched. Value in 2003 was $1900.

Chuck A 05-04-2014 7:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 1171415)
I'm sorry you're disappointed. I think it's pretty. What is the size of the center stone? The stones on the side?
I have my mom's three stone ring. When I got it I started wearing it with my half carat engagement ring. The diamonds in the three stone ring are all the same size, about a quarter of a carat each. The appraisal from 2003 says H1, near colorless, SI1, perfectly matched. Value in 2003 was $1900.

total karat is 1.33 well i will give it to her, and dee today, if not i will get her a bigger one, i shouldnt have gotten the diamonds on the band , the 3 alone wold have been nice

wwomanC6 05-04-2014 8:13am

I think it beautiful! I'm sure she will love it! :seasix:

Kerrmudgeon 05-04-2014 8:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwomanC6 (Post 1171517)

I agree, its a beautiful ring, and not to ostentatious. :yesnod:
I gave my fiance a 1.85 carot solitaire, and it was a beauty but she didn't like to wear it because it would catch on everything she wore and she got tired of everybody asking about it. She was also afraid she would get mugged for it some night. :bud:...:cry:
Damn thing stayed at home most of the time.:toetap:
Sometimes bigger is not better.

Chuck A 05-04-2014 9:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwomanC6 (Post 1171517)

I will be giving it to her when i pick her up around 2pm, she went to florida with her sister for 2 days, thanks:seasix:

LATB 05-04-2014 9:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by lspencer534 (Post 1171408)
My MIL is kinda snooty, because my FIL was pretty rich. She has Alzeimers now. My wife took her wedding ring to a jeweler to be appraised for insurance purposes. It was supposedly a 5 karat high quality diamond. Cubic zirconia. :rofl:

Reminds me of the time she came to my Christmas party. She showed up in a fur coat. I asked her what kind of fur it was. "Why...mink. of course!", she said.

After a long pause, I said, "Must have been a big 'un...."

BOOM :Jeff '79:

LATB 05-04-2014 9:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1171532)
I will be giving it to her when i pick her up around 2pm, she went to florida with her sister for 2 days, thanks:seasix:

Surely give it to her. She will love it. Because girls loved that kind if stuff.

She'll have plenty of time later realize it's too small and formulate a plan to trade if in on the one she really wants. :D:Jeff '79::cert:

LisaJohn 05-04-2014 11:31am

I really hope she likes it. I would rather have a better quality diamond than a large diamond with flaws and oculsions. Just the fact that you picked it and remembered your anniversary should be good for some major brownie points!! And it's your 23rd?
Maybe y'all could trade it up for the 25th or 30th anniversary?

Chuck A 05-04-2014 2:59pm

just gave it to her, she loved it, she got me a gator head and a gator t-shirt, will post pics soon

Chuck A 05-04-2014 3:04pm

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...pseacc3f77.jpg
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...psda29bcbf.jpg
the first has the bike and the vert dcast \
well the second just has the head

American Made 05-04-2014 3:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1171401)
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...psc7963d8a.jpg
here are some pics, the diamonds are vs1

I think that's a very nice ring! :cert:

Chuck A 05-04-2014 3:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Made (Post 1171641)
I think that's a very nice ring! :cert:

thanks , she loved it:seasix:

LisaJohn 05-04-2014 3:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1171637)
just gave it to her, she loved it, she got me a gator head and a gator t-shirt, will post pics soon

Told ya so!!!!

JK....I'm glad she likes it! Congratulatons on your anniversary!

Chuck A 05-04-2014 3:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 1171643)
Told ya so!!!!

JK....I'm glad she likes it! Congratulatons on your anniversary!

thank you:seasix:

Chuck A 05-04-2014 5:34pm

just a update, ring is going back, wife want a better center stone, she seen a black spot on it, meanwhile she shouldnt have seen a black spot unless it 10x magnified, as for me , well i really just want to make my wife happy, so if a upgrade will make her happy its all good

simpleman68 05-04-2014 5:37pm

Lovin' the gator noggin :Jeff '79: Would be cool to turn that into a cigar nib somehow.
Scott

LisaJohn 05-04-2014 5:50pm

It should go back if you can see a black dot (coal) With the naked eye. Like I said earlier, I would rather have a good quality smaller diamond than a large stone with a visible black spot.

Chuck A 05-04-2014 6:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 1171701)
It should go back if you can see a black dot (coal) With the naked eye. Like I said earlier, I would rather have a good quality smaller diamond than a large stone with a visible black spot.

thanks we paid a higher price to make sure that she wouldnt be able to see a spot, i just dont know

Chuck A 05-07-2014 6:39pm

just a heads up, will be returning ring and getting a better quality center diamond, told jeweler if 300-500$ would get be a better quality without dark spots, waiting for his reply:)

Chuck A 05-19-2014 11:01am

just went to the diamond district, man what a mess that place is, everyone keeps stabbing the other guy, i am looking for a replacement ring, and everyone keeps telling me to buy from them, but what i want is either in their own words i cant get, and if i get it , price would be insane, if i buy from them , they are legit and the other guy is selling me crap, in their words
very sad, indeed

simpleman68 05-19-2014 11:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1178438)
just went to the diamond district, man what a mess that place is, everyone keeps stabbing the other guy, i am looking for a replacement ring, and everyone keeps telling me to buy from them, but what i want is either in their own words i cant get, and if i get it , price would be insane, if i buy from them , they are legit and the other guy is selling me crap, in their words
very sad, indeed

That's the game unless you're in the "tribe" and even then, they bang on each other pretty hard when it comes to bulk purchases.

I sat in on a broker meeting with Nisanov and they were bidding on some very high quality, well cut stones. He opened the bid in the $1,500/carat range. :eek:
Stones that probably retail for $10k +

If you go back, look for Michael Nisanov. Their booth is the first one on your left as you walk into the market on 47th.
Scott

Chuck A 05-19-2014 12:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1178462)
That's the game unless you're in the "tribe" and even then, they bang on each other pretty hard when it comes to bulk purchases.

I sat in on a broker meeting with Nisanov and they were bidding on some very high quality, well cut stones. He opened the bid in the $1,500/carat range. :eek:

If you go back, look for Michael Nisanov. Their booth is the first one on your left as you walk into the market on 47th.
Scott

what is the name of the store?

Chuck A 05-19-2014 12:36pm

I had dealers tell me 4000 a karat

Chuck A 05-19-2014 12:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1178462)

Scott

I think i went to him also is he the guy balding with some serious blue eyes, elderly man?

simpleman68 05-19-2014 12:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1178485)
I had dealers tell me 4000 a karat

That doesn't mean anything without the critical information.
Cut, color, clarity.

You can have a 1 carat stone that can be in the tens of thousands if it is near flawless and optimally cut.

His store is Nisanov Diamonds and Michael is the son that took over for his father a few years back.

He is mid 30s guy that is usually there or his cousin jumps in to replace him for lunch.
Scott

onedef92 05-19-2014 2:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucwheat (Post 1171360)
Go bigger

Go cubic zirconia.

Chuck A 05-19-2014 2:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by onedef92 (Post 1178520)
Go cubic zirconia.

I wish , she is a very wise and not forgiving women if i did that she would destroy me:yesnod::yesnod:

Chuck A 11-23-2014 5:52pm

well answer me a question is it less expensive to buy on line or actuallyngo to the store and see what you are buiyng i bought my wife a ring and sent it back because of a black spot need nelp

Hoog 11-23-2014 6:02pm

When I would still buy diamonds...I always insisted on seeing it up close first.

CertInsaneC5 11-23-2014 6:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoog (Post 1275866)
When I would still buy diamonds...I always insisted on seeing it up close first.

This. ^^^

Use the loop. Look for any imperfections you can find. Helps with price negotiations. :cert:

MrPeabody 11-23-2014 6:40pm

Chuck A 12-20-2014 9:32pm

well i am retrying to look at a nice 3 stone diamond ring, and for it to be i a real good, i mean just good i am looking st 6k , for a 2ct 3 stone rin g WTF, do women actually like about these shiny things, i need to think about this , i thought 3 was my limit , but 3k buys you crap
very pissed off indeed

ApexOversteer 12-20-2014 9:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Topic (Post 1275920)
I'd say a BJ from her is in order.:seasix:

Chuck A 12-20-2014 9:52pm

ohh by the way need to go to 7k, and still their are flaws , WTF is a black spot, and WTF how can she see it and i cant
very pissed off indeed, FU_______

Czarvette 12-20-2014 9:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1171401)

Very nice ring. You've got the right approach: a smaller stone of very high quality looks much better than a larger low quality stone. And if it's got visible defects to the naked eye, forget it. She may never say a word, but everyone who looks at it oohing and ahhing will be holding their tongue all the while trying to decide if you're clueless, a cheap bastich or both.

Kerrmudgeon 12-20-2014 10:04pm

I'd be really pissed at the guy who sold it to you in the first place. You aren't a diamond expert and you rely on his judgment. Part of that is not selling you an inferior quality stone. You should have laid into him about how upset your wife is. They may have upgraded the stone for nothing. Bad publicity is costly for them if you aren't satisfied. :cheers:

mrvette 12-20-2014 10:04pm

Yeh, lets all hear it for The Beers and slave diamonds worth nothing

Although I followed through with this 'tradition' in all 3 marriages,.....

I feel it's a rip off......even with green stones on either side.....what they call them things anyway???

woopie doo....

:leaving:

Chuck A 12-20-2014 10:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czarvette (Post 1287934)
Very nice ring. You've got the right approach: a smaller stone of very high quality looks much better than a larger low quality stone. And if it's got visible defects to the naked eye, forget it. She may never say a word, but everyone who looks at it oohing and ahhing will be holding their tongue all the while trying to decide if you're clueless, a cheap bastich or both.

I sent that one back 60$ charge to send back their was a black spot

Chuck A 12-20-2014 10:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon (Post 1287936)
I'd be really pissed at the guy who sold it to you in the first place. You aren't a diamond expert and you rely on his judgment. Part of that is not selling you an inferior quality stone. You should have laid into him about how upset your wife is. They may have upgraded the stone for nothing. Bad publicity is costly for them if you aren't satisfied. :cheers:

yes their would be a upgrade , and no not free of charge, we decided not to go their route

MEC5LADY 12-20-2014 10:33pm

Nice ring. I'm not a jewelry person and really don't understand the whole diamond thing especially the price. I would rather have something that benefits me like a car, trip or something that enhances my quality of life. My Dad once said you can't take it with you since he'd never seen a hearse with a tow hitch.

Chuck A 12-20-2014 10:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEC5LADY (Post 1287944)
Nice ring. I'm not a jewelry person and really don't understand the whole diamond thing especially the price. I would rather have something that benefits me like a car, trip or something that enhances my quality of life. My Dad once said you can't take it with you since he'd never seen a hearse with a tow hitch.

I am looking at a 10k ring right now, please talk me out of it, need help:sadangel:

Czarvette 12-20-2014 10:35pm

Quote:

...or a luggage rack.

MEC5LADY 12-20-2014 10:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1287946)
I am looking at a 10k ring right now, please talk me out of it, need help:sadangel:

Holy moneybags batman wth!! Why don't you go see Scott's guy with your wife and pick out a ring that is within a budget you both are okay with? I know there were some threads awhile back about buying diamonds so maybe you could find some good deals with those companies. I'd rather take some time and get the best bang for the buck than to rush into buying something for a lot of money and regretting it. Hell at $10,000 I'd get so pissed off every time I'd see that ring I'd probably kick my own ass.

Kerrmudgeon 12-20-2014 10:41pm

Quote:

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/rF...arse-uhaul.jpg
:roll:

DukeAllen 12-20-2014 10:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czarvette (Post 1287947)
...or a luggage rack.

I hope to be buried in a U-Haul.:D

MEC5LADY 12-20-2014 10:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon (Post 1287952)

Now that's funny. I wish my Dad was still with me so I could show this to him.

MEC5LADY 12-20-2014 10:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeAllen (Post 1287953)
I hope to be buried in a U-Haul.:D

That can be arranged.:leaving:

Chuck A 12-20-2014 10:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEC5LADY (Post 1287950)
Holy moneybags batman wth!! Why don't you go see Scott's guy with your wife and pick out a ring that is within a budget you both are okay with? I know there were some threads awhile back about buying diamonds so maybe you could find some good deals with those companies. I'd rather take some time and get the best bang for the buck than to rush into buying something for a lot of money and regretting it. Hell at $10,000 I'd get so pissed off every time I'd see that ring I'd probably kick my own ass.

:iagree:but it all depends as you know the clarity quality and the mark, WTF do i know

MEC5LADY 12-20-2014 10:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1287958)
:iagree:but it all depends as you know the clarity quality and the mark, WTF do i know

Don't care about all that crap I'd decide on a budget that you both could live with and pick a ring staying in that budget. Take your time looking around and seeing what's out there as far as style of ring/shape of diamonds etc.

ApexOversteer 12-20-2014 10:59pm

See this is where following tradition would be an advantage. Diamond isn't on the list until 60th anniversary... You're between China at 20 and Silver at 25. I'm thinking this is the correct traditional gift for 23rd anniversary...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...RL-027921L.jpg

Millenium Vette 12-20-2014 11:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1287946)

Have you considered going the "estate" jewelry route? No, I do not mean buy an old lady's used ring, but buy a "used" diamond and put it in a new setting of your choice. Diamonds are such a ripoff, especially from the chain stores. It is all mark-up and none of the diamonds or settings are worth a shit. I would recommend talking to a few independent stores that have been there a long time and have a jeweler, not a salesman, that you can talk with and decide whether they are halfway trustworthy.

:cert:

MEC5LADY 12-20-2014 11:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApexOversteer (Post 1287962)
See this is where following tradition would be an advantage. Diamond isn't on the list until 60th anniversary... You're between China at 20 and Silver at 25. I'm thinking this is the correct traditional gift for 23rd anniversary...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...RL-027921L.jpg

Yeah he'd be between that after she breaks it over his head and shoves it up his arse

LisaJohn 12-20-2014 11:26pm

OMG!!!! $7k are you kidding?

Wait What!!!???!! Now $10k

That's totally insane to me.

DukeAllen 12-21-2014 1:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEC5LADY (Post 1287957)
That can be arranged.:leaving:

Let me get back to you on that. In, say, 30 or 40 years...

RED-85-Z51 12-21-2014 3:00am

Hit up some pawn shops, serious...this time of year they seem ot be willing to cut deep into jewelry to make a sale...

Or...hit up a pawn shop for a ring with a nice stone..buy it, and have it reset in some flashy setting/band.

RED-85-Z51 12-21-2014 3:01am

I could buy a decent 4X4 Duramax for 10K....lol

fwiw, she technically has already given you head for the first ring...

Chuck A 12-21-2014 1:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEC5LADY (Post 1287966)
Yeah he'd be between that after she breaks it over his head and shoves it up his arse

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol:

Chuck A 12-21-2014 1:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 1287968)
OMG!!!! $7k are you kidding?

Wait What!!!???!! Now $10k

That's totally insane to me.

well i know but freaking most stones have a black spot, and that is a no no:yesnod:

Chuck A 12-21-2014 1:31pm

just a update, didnt get it, so thanks for the help, the journey continues

DAB 12-21-2014 1:38pm

haven't read the entire thread.

when i proposed to Mrs. DAB, who doesn't wear much jewelry, i inquired if she would like an engagement ring. no. spend money on more useful things. okey dokey. so we bought a 12" compound miter saw. still use it to this day.

back story:

my mom has a very old diamond ring that she had long ago offered to me should i ever get married, and i could get it reset and give it to my wife to be. well, mom still has that ring and stone.

so i'll have to ask: what is the end point of someone not being satisfied with a gift?

Chuck A 12-21-2014 2:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1288197)
haven't read the entire thread.

when i proposed to Mrs. DAB, who doesn't wear much jewelry, i inquired if she would like an engagement ring. no. spend money on more useful things. okey dokey. so we bought a 12" compound miter saw. still use it to this day.

back story:

my mom has a very old diamond ring that she had long ago offered to me should i ever get married, and i could get it reset and give it to my wife to be. well, mom still has that ring and stone.

so i'll have to ask: what is the end point of someone not being satisfied with a gift?

I am with you but as they say diamonds are a girls best friend, but not ones that have a black spot
very true, indeed

Chuck A 12-21-2014 3:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waco (Post 1288216)
Who is they? :confused5: The diamond companies? :D

Exactly, as for me when i got the wife the first diamond i myself did not see anything at all looked great but the wife did, i wish she still had her original, but that's life still looking

Chuck A 11-09-2015 6:28pm

just got back from DD i have no freaking clue WTH i am looking at , and these salesman well they would sell you their mothers, the search continues

TabuIsMe 11-09-2015 6:52pm

http://www.canadadiamonds.com/canadi...rity_scale.gif

have you tried Blue Nile: The Source of Brilliance™

Chuck A 12-20-2015 10:53pm

well its set i am getting the wife the ring this May and looking at 6k in cash if i do credit they said almost 7k , looking at a 2k asscher cut 3 stone ring, so its set, its insane how diamonds have gone up in price, looking at VSI F with the center stone being almost 1.75 karat

Hoog 12-21-2015 7:32am

Lotta dough for a rock with no real intrinsic value.

Chuck A 12-21-2015 9:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoog (Post 1434497)
Lotta dough for a rock with no real intrinsic value.

i know but what can i do, say no? and then what, she wants it, so God bless i can get it, so i will:needcoffee:

Brett K 12-21-2015 11:12am

I got my wife's engagement stone from Good Old Gold, a reputable NYC diamond seller. My local jeweler custom made the setting from a design I made.

Chuck A 12-21-2015 11:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett K (Post 1434558)
I got my wife's engagement stone from Good Old Gold, a reputable NYC diamond seller. My local jeweler custom made the setting from a design I made.

i am just going back to the diamond district again

simpleman68 12-21-2015 12:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1434561)
i am just going back to the diamond district again

Damn hard to beat if you know what you're looking at.
You ever call Nisanov in there?
Scott

Chuck A 12-28-2015 8:13pm

answer me this;
why is it she gives me a ultimatum that i need to buy her a 2k diamond ring by March, and then in the next breath attack me because i haven't purchased it yet?

JRD77VET 12-28-2015 8:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1436646)
answer me this;
why is it she gives me a ultimatum that i need to buy her a 2k diamond ring by March, and then in the next breath attack me because i haven't purchased it yet?

Take your wallet ( credit card ) and your wife and let her pick out the fucking ring herself.

I'm getting tired of hearing about it, I have no clue how you put up with that shit. :crazy:

That way if it's the wrong ring, it's HER FAULT

Chuck A 12-28-2015 8:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1436652)
Take your wallet ( credit card ) and your wife and let her pick out the fucking ring herself.

I'm getting tired of hearing about it, I have no clue how you put up with that shit. :crazy:

That way if it's the wrong ring, it's HER FAULT

she wont go with me , that is the hard part so i am trying to purchase a ring and since i cant win, i cant win, this is the final straw the camels back has been broken

JRD77VET 12-28-2015 8:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1436658)
she wont go with me , that is the hard part so i am trying to purchase a ring and since i cant win, i cant win, this is the final straw the camels back has been broken

Tell her if she wants the ring so bad, she goes. If she doesn't want to go, no ring.

Two can play the stupid unreasonable game. :yesnod:

Rob 12-28-2015 8:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1436658)

Do you want the number to my jeweler?

Chuck A 12-28-2015 8:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1436663)
Do you want the number to my jeweler?

where is he located?

Chuck A 12-28-2015 8:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1436662)
Tell her if she wants the ring so bad, she goes. If she doesn't want to go, no ring.

Two can play the stupid unreasonable game. :yesnod:

dayum i understand she is being a pain, but she is still a woman need to give her , her bitching for a while its been 3 years since our jewelery was robbed, as for me i dont care but women need to have a ring on it, Destiny child song

Rob 12-28-2015 8:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1436666)
where is he located?

She is in Memphis.

MrPeabody 12-28-2015 8:52pm

Have you considered hiring a professional gemologist to go with you and examine whatever you decide to buy? With the kind of money you are spending, I think a consulting fee would be money well spent. No different than hiring a mechanic to do a thorough inspection of a car you were thinking of buying if you were someone who didn't know much about cars.

Chuck A 12-28-2015 8:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1436672)
Have you considered hiring a professional gemologist to go with you and examine whatever you decide to buy? With the kind of money you are spending, I think a consulting fee would be money well spent. No different than hiring a mechanic to do a thorough inspection of a car you were thinking of buying if you were someone who didn't know much about cars.

its just that , well have you ever been to a jewer and they try to sell you the brooklyn bridge, its a trust thing , yes i have money but some people are not trustworthy

MrPeabody 12-28-2015 9:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1436674)
its just that , well have you ever been to a jewer and they try to sell you the brooklyn bridge, its a trust thing , yes i have money but some people are not trustworthy

That's exactly why you should take an expert with you.:yesnod: