The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Trapped Americans in Kabul: Sucks to be You. Meanwhile Brits Take Care of Their Own (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126636)

Bill 08-18-2021 9:59pm

Trapped Americans in Kabul: Sucks to be You. Meanwhile Brits Take Care of Their Own

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...sharingbuttons

Quote:

Breaking: British Para Troops Are Running Vehicle Patrols Through Center of Kabul to Extract Trapped UK Citizens — While Biden Abandons Trapped Americans

“THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT CANNOT ENSURE SAFE PASSAGE TO THE HAMID KARZAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT,” the US Embassy in Kabul told American citizens in a security alert today, per @kylieatwood, adding space on evac flights will now be available on “first come, first serve basis.”

— Kaitlan Collins (@kaitlancollins) August 18, 2021

TRENDING: SHOCKING: Joe Biden Finally Returns to White House from Vacation as Afghanistan Implodes -- Looks Exhausted, Bent Over and Unbalanced (VIDEO)

Joe Biden and Lloyd Austin have abandoned over 10,000 Americans trapped inside Kabul who are not able to leave their homes.

But not the UK.
The British Government is sending Para Troops in vehicles through the center of Kabul to rescue their citizens.

Steve_R 08-18-2021 10:14pm

Biden is an embarrassment and a disgrace. So are the idiots who voted for him.

Aerovette 08-18-2021 10:14pm

Way to go Joe, you ****ing dickweed senile crooked ****stick bastard.

ratflinger 08-18-2021 10:23pm

These are basically the same people as under Obozo & look what happened at Benghazi. These people care for nothing but how to enrich themselves. I pray nightly for something really bad to happen to all these dickweeds

ZipZap 08-18-2021 11:05pm

I always try and check myself to make sure I'm just not getting the old man syndrome. While that still may be the case, I am livid with this shit. I lived with 20 years of war, losing many lives in the cause of catching the bad guys. But the last few weeks have been unbelievable. We are the mother****ing best military on the planet and we just sneak out at night? I have said this is like Saigon. It's worse than Saigon. We could have leveled AG, but our "leaders" wanted to nation change. Now, we are more concerned with having our military accept the 200+ genders than teaching them to kill our enemies. I think I've said this before, but I'm thankful I have no descendants and plan to die without having to worry about kids and grandkids. Grumpy old shit off:rofl:

Anjdog2003 08-19-2021 12:12am

Jeff'79 He's doing a great job as President

Dan Dlabay 08-19-2021 4:11am

Biden and the left are a bunch of un American idiots and if the people don't wake up this country will become a second class shit hole.

Broken Wind 08-19-2021 5:26am

Biggest **** up and political embarrassment of my lifetime. You are epic, joe.

Dan47 08-19-2021 8:27am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1906018)
I always try and check myself to make sure I'm just not getting the old man syndrome. While that still may be the case, I am livid with this shit. I lived with 20 years of war, losing many lives in the cause of catching the bad guys. But the last few weeks have been unbelievable. We are the mother****ing best military on the planet and we just sneak out at night? I have said this is like Saigon. It's worse than Saigon. We could have leveled AG, but our "leaders" wanted to nation change. Now, we are more concerned with having our military accept the 200+ genders than teaching them to kill our enemies. I think I've said this before, but I'm thankful I have no descendants and plan to die without having to worry about kids and grandkids. Grumpy old shit off:rofl:

:iagree:

Spent a big chunk of my life in the Army and I’m deeply saddened to see what is happening to our Republic and the World, as a whole. :shots:

Dan47 08-19-2021 8:40am

1 Attachment(s)
Hall of Shame ‘er. This figurehead really got the ball rolling for the NWO though, IMO. Biden is the fall guy but the worst villains appear to be the folks leading global institutions like the BIS, Federal Reserve and WEF.

DJ_Critterus 08-19-2021 8:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1906018)

Exactly the same sentiment here and no breeding on my part, either.

DJ_Critterus 08-19-2021 8:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Wind (Post 1906029)
Biggest **** up and political embarrassment of my lifetime. You are epic, joe.

I never thought The peanut farmer would end up in 3rd, The Obidiot in 2nd..... How you **** up worse than them is just astounding!

Broken Wind 08-19-2021 9:30am

Mark my words, this is a turning point in history. Our staunchest ally, England, is saying things about us that are quite incredible. Our days as a superpower may well be over. Congress needs to do something with this president before he ****s this thing up even more.

Bill 08-19-2021 9:57am

https://media.patriots.win/post/loFF0Mbl.jpeg

Aerovette 08-19-2021 10:06am

We stopped trying to win and started trying to be friends.

Think about grade school and how what worked out with bullies.

How'd you get that black eye Johnny?

I tried to make friends with the bully

Dan47 08-19-2021 11:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1906134)
We stopped trying to win and started trying to be friends.

Think about grade school and how what worked out with bullies.

How'd you get that black eye Johnny?

I tried to make friends with the bully

Lots of folks winning in the government, corporate MIC and various shareholders. Fiat currency makes government powerful and wars profitable. Winning them stops that gravy train.

ZipZap 08-19-2021 12:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1906092)
Hall of Shame ‘er. This figurehead really got the ball rolling for the NWO though, IMO. Biden is the fall guy but the worst villains appear to be the folks leading global institutions like the BIS, Federal Reserve and WEF.

Learning how to pull out. I learned that as a teenager.

DJ_Critterus 08-19-2021 12:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1906180)
Learning how to pull out. I learned that as a teenager.

Did you leave a disaster behind?

ZipZap 08-19-2021 12:55pm

https://www.facebook.com/AngryCops/v...09871059974888

Bill 08-19-2021 2:22pm

https://media.patriots.win/post/oypfTBL5.jpeg

MadInNc 08-19-2021 2:46pm

2 Attachment(s)
Here’s a real goodness to life DumbAss. Kid just flew there to Afcanuckistan last Friday

Just can’t make this up…..

https://nypost.com/2021/08/18/uk-stu...-british-army/

Attachment 59830

Attachment 59831

sublime1996525 08-19-2021 2:55pm

That dude is a bitch.

Chemtrails99 08-19-2021 3:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1906092)

Oh BS. The entire Congress VOTED to go to war. It isn't his fault alone. If he talked them into, then why did none of them stand up and question him? Because they didn't. They were ALL IN for a war.

Yes, we needed out, but a light bulb could have come up with a more effective plan than the moron in the white house.

99 pewtercoupe 08-19-2021 4:27pm

The Imbecile in Chief has set a new standard. I don’t think I have ever been so enraged at a POTUS ( even Obama). He and his entire foreign policy team need to be replaced immediately before they can further damage our nation’s security

ZipZap 08-19-2021 5:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemtrails99 (Post 1906254)
Oh BS. The entire Congress VOTED to go to war. It isn't his fault alone. If he talked them into, then why did none of them stand up and question him? Because they didn't. They were ALL IN for a war.

Yes, we needed out, but a light bulb could have come up with a more effective plan than the moron in the white house.

My point. Get the hell out after the mission is accomplished. I favor no politicians. Most of them didn't have to face an enemy other than being behind a big oak desk. I never thought I would see the day that I would feel like the parents that sent their kids to Vietnam, but we are here. Now. Whether Johnson, Trump or Biden is to blame is immaterial. They're sending our kids to death. Own it or step away.

ZipZap 08-19-2021 5:42pm

TBF, I should have added Bushes.

99 pewtercoupe 08-19-2021 6:03pm

We cannot be the world’s police force. We should have been out of there years ago. But our government needs to plan a withdrawal and all its ramifications. The total lack of planning and consideration of consequences in this is utterly amazing. Biden claimed Trump damaged our relations with allies but Biden just nuked them. The people that are responsible for this debacle should be held accountable but never will be due to the nature of the swamp.

Bill 08-19-2021 6:12pm

British Parliament formally censures Biden for his fustercluck.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...t-afghanistan/

Quote:

Parliament holds Joe Biden in contempt over Afghanistan

MPs and peers unite to condemn ‘dishonour’ of US president’s withdrawal and his criticism of Afghan troops left behind to face Taliban
By Ben Riley-Smith, Political Editor 18 August 2021 • 9:30pm
Placeholder image for youtube video: 60giPPbNt6k

Joe Biden's handling of the Afghanistan withdrawal was condemned as "catastrophic" and "shameful" on Wednesday as the Houses of Parliament delivered an unprecedented rebuke to a US president....
https://media.patriots.win/post/v9bble50.png

99 pewtercoupe 08-19-2021 6:19pm

Heard them say on Fox this evening that even the French are sending military in to remove citizens.

ZipZap 08-19-2021 6:37pm

https://notthebee.com/article/biden-...qfKzDHBHVGn0iU

99 pewtercoupe 08-19-2021 7:09pm

1 Attachment(s)
Billboard in NC .

MadInNc 08-19-2021 7:32pm

1 Attachment(s)
Also in NC... Jeff '79's C8.

For real - saw on way home tonight:rofl:

Attachment 59845

ZipZap 08-19-2021 9:04pm

Looking forward to another stroke tonight...

Dan47 08-19-2021 9:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemtrails99 (Post 1906254)

Where does the buck stop? Bush was POTUS and started this B.S., apparently without an exit plan or measurable standard for victory? Iraq too.

People that voted for that idiot twice are as bad as the folks that voted for and supported Obama and Biden. Bunch of sad sacks that sacrificed liberty for an illusion of security.

They own this as much as Biden and his crew of true believers. :yesnod:

Dan47 08-19-2021 9:48pm

And FTR, I don’t give two shits about American civilians trapped in that shithole. Reads like they were cashing in as contractors and robbing taxpayers to feather their own nests? Or is there a tourist season and they just caught a bad break?

Anjdog2003 08-19-2021 10:22pm

Jeff '79 He's better than the redhead. :troll:

Bill 08-19-2021 10:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1906380)
And FTR, I don’t give two shits about American civilians trapped in that shithole. Reads like they were cashing in as contractors and robbing taxpayers to feather their own nests? Or is there a tourist season and they just caught a bad break?

We used to call folks like that war profiteers.

ZipZap 08-19-2021 10:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1906377)
Where does the buck stop? Bush was POTUS and started this B.S., apparently without an exit plan or measurable standard for victory? Iraq too.

People that voted for that idiot twice are as bad as the folks that voted for and supported Obama and Biden. Bunch of sad sacks that sacrificed liberty for an illusion of security.

It stops everywhere. The MF'ing politicians sending our young folks to war with no clear goal is a true failure. We killed the bad guy a long time ago. Time to let them eat their own.

Having said that, we could have done better this time than we did in SE Asia on withdrawal. We could have laid down a surface fire that would have protected not only US folks, but our allies. We could have scuttled every piece of hardware in country. The whole argument of "we didn't know the ADF/AAF/ANSF was going to fold so quickly" is total BS. Generals and secretarial staff must not have read the most basic books on warfare.

Bill 08-19-2021 10:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1906393)
It stops everywhere. The MF'ing politicians sending our young folks to war with no clear goal is a true failure. We killed the bad guy a long time ago. Time to let them eat their own.

Having said that, we could have done better this time than we did in SE Asia on withdrawal. We could have laid down a surface fire that would have protected not only US folks, but our allies. We could have scuttled every piece of hardware in country. The whole argument of "we didn't know the ADF/AAF/ANSF was going to fold so quickly" is total BS. Generals and secretarial staff must not have read the most basic books on warfare.

They aren't reading Sun Tsu, they're reading about white fragility, white rage, how not to misgender, and how to be anti-racist, which must be fascinating, but in this one, narrow instance, actually winning a war, has proven to be less than effective.

ZipZap 08-19-2021 11:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1906394)
They aren't reading Sun Tsu, they're reading about white fragility, white rage, how not to misgender, and how to be anti-racist, which must be fascinating, but in this one, narrow instance, actually winning a war, has proven to be less than effective.

Sun Tsu, Patton, Zizka, Wellesley and others were basic reading. We need to keep studying the successful ones instead of the woke ones.

DJ_Critterus 08-20-2021 6:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1906299)
British Parliament formally censures Biden for his fustercluck.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...t-afghanistan/

https://media.patriots.win/post/v9bble50.png

Go read the comments below the article. Wow...I agree with most of them.

DJ_Critterus 08-20-2021 6:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1906377)

Honestly, I voted for Bush twice because the alternative was much worse.

I voted for Trump because I liked him and he didn't disappoint during his four years except for falling prey to voter fraud. That's the only time I didn't have to hold my nose to avoid the stench of voting for the least vile candidate.

Dan Dlabay 08-20-2021 7:10am

I heard that the state dept. is going to charge Americans $2000 to get out of Afghanistan. If that is the case then it is time that our military steps in and remove that idiot.

Jeff '79 08-20-2021 7:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1906442)
I heard that the state dept. is going to charge Americans $2000 to get out of Afghanistan. If that is the case then it is time that our military steps in and remove that idiot.

Where is a verifiable link to this ridiculous hear-say ? :spdchk:

Dan Dlabay 08-20-2021 7:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1906443)

https://www.waynedupree.com/2021/08/...LfXzXHZfv8gnUY

VatorMan 08-20-2021 7:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1906443)

https://nypost.com/2021/08/19/state-...k-for-flights/

LisaJohn 08-20-2021 7:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1906442)

I heard that too. And if they can’t pay the $2000 they have to sign a promissory note and it somehow affects passports.

Dan47 08-20-2021 7:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1906393)

Agreed but maybe someone wanted the withdrawal this way?

No way Biden actually won the election or is anything more than a figurehead so it stands to reason this chaos is possibly intended.

Time will tell.

Dan47 08-20-2021 8:00am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1906422)
Honestly, I voted for Bush twice because the alternative was much worse.

I voted for Trump because I liked him and he didn't disappoint during his four years except for falling prey to voter fraud. That's the only time I didn't have to hold my nose to avoid the stench of voting for the least vile candidate.

Understandable but I know some folks that even in hindsight, think he did a great job and those are the ones that I find contemptible. The “Patriot Act” alone should give pause to anyone believing such nonsense.

Looks like Big Mike loves him though. :lol:

Bill 08-20-2021 8:21am

https://media.patriots.win/post/hmP3Wjz5.jpeg

VatorMan 08-20-2021 8:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1906457)
Understandable but I know some folks that even in hindsight, think he did a great job and those are the ones that I find contemptible. The “Patriot Act” alone should give pause to anyone believing such nonsense.

Looks like Big Mike loves him though. :lol:

I despise the shrub for the Patriot act and his role in this whole mess. The vote for baby bush was probably my biggest regret.

Jeff '79 08-20-2021 8:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1906445)

Question.
As a US taxpayer, is it my responsibility to pay for these peoples' plane tickets?
I should hope not.

MadInNc 08-20-2021 9:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1906464)
Question.
As a US taxpayer, is it my responsibility to pay for these peoples' plane tickets?
I should hope not.

Where have you been?

Your Uncle Joe has had his hand in your wallet since he took office Dumbass

Dan Dlabay 08-20-2021 9:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1906464)
Question.
I should hope not.

So you are saying charge them or leave them. It is not their fault that they are in the middle of a mess caused by that jack ass Biden. Maybe Biden and the left should pay for it.

Bill 08-20-2021 9:39am

https://media.patriots.win/post/NRcTJb3F.jpeg

DJ_Critterus 08-20-2021 9:54am

1 Attachment(s)
And yet, we still have at least one person with the same cognitive disabilites defending this moron.

Jeff '79 08-20-2021 10:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1906482)
So you are saying charge them or leave them. It is not their fault that they are in the middle of a mess caused by that jack ass Biden. Maybe Biden and the left should pay for it.

Not US soldiers, but contractors and tourists?? He'll ya, they knew the risk of being in a war zone.
You're the last person that I thought would approve welfare.

VatorMan 08-20-2021 11:05am

And on que, all main media have quit carrying Afghanistan news. Now it’s back to millions dying in Florida and school kids dying in Texas because of no masks.

Aerovette 08-20-2021 11:13am

The media is disgusting.

Dan47 08-20-2021 11:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 1906462)
I despise the shrub for the Patriot act and his role in this whole mess. The vote for baby bush was probably my biggest regret.

Same here but like DJ wrote, there really wasn't an alternative. I still vote for the lesser evil but I have also changed my investing, saving and spending behavior to combat the monetary authorities I think are truly in control. :cert:

Chemtrails99 08-20-2021 11:26am

Seems like most people have no idea who the contractors were and why they were there. Many people are there to do the things the military can't do. For instance, General Atomics drones get assembled and used by the military, but they have a full staff of their own employees there to actually keep the things flying. Aviation is highly labor intensive, and there are plenty of non military aircraft that have supported the military since day one. Those don't get fixed by the military, they get fixed by other companies. The amount of traffic in and out of the country outside of the military could account for a large number of the count. Most are not allowed to live on a military base and use it's security day to day. I know a number of them working in that field, some former military, but all doing what the military can't or won't do. But screw them, why bother insuring their safety?

As for the $2000.00 bill, screw that too. They GIVE that much to every wetback swimming into the country and more.

Steve_R 08-20-2021 11:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemtrails99 (Post 1906523)
Seems like most people have no idea who the contractors were and why they were there. Many people are there to do the things the military can't do. For instance, General Atomics drones get assembled and used by the military, but they have a full staff of their own employees there to actually keep the things flying. Aviation is highly labor intensive, and there are plenty of non military aircraft that have supported the military since day one. Those don't get fixed by the military, they get fixed by other companies. The amount of traffic in and out of the country outside of the military could account for a large number of the count. Most are not allowed to live on a military base and use it's security day to day. I know a number of them working in that field, some former military, but all doing what the military can't or won't do. But screw them, why bother insuring their safety?

As for the $2000.00 bill, screw that too. They GIVE that much to every wetback swimming into the country and more.

All true. Only TrollJeff’79 thinks contractors are scum and deserve to die.

Dan Dlabay 08-20-2021 12:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1906503)
Not US soldiers, but contractors and tourists?? He'll ya, they knew the risk of being in a war zone.

I don't approve of welfare like the left does and I don't think there are many tourist there. There are a lot of people both American and Afghan who worked for the American military and government. What's happening in Kabul is no different than what happened in Saigon. My brother in law was a contractor working for the Air Force and my wife and her family was in Saigon in April 75. By brother in law was able to get out on a U.S. plane with my wife's older sister. Finally my wife and her family got out in 89 after being treated as a second class citizen.

Anjdog2003 08-20-2021 12:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1906540)
I don't approve of welfare like the left does and I don't think there are many tourist there. There are a lot of people both American and Afghan who worked for the American military and government. What's happening in Kabul is no different than what happened in Saigon. My brother in law was a contractor working for the Air Force and my wife and her family was in Saigon in April 75. By brother in law was able to get out on a U.S. plane with my wife's older sister. Finally my wife and her family got out in 89 after being treated as a second class citizen.

Easier to light a match outside in a Hurricane than trying to make a Liberal understand simple facts.

ZipZap 08-20-2021 12:32pm

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1906503)

Just let God sort it out...:sadangel:

Dan47 08-20-2021 12:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemtrails99 (Post 1906523)

Why is it like that? Doesn't make any sense if they are so important to the mission. Feels like another "privatize the profits and socialize the losses" skit to me but I'll read your thoughts on why that isn't true, if it's isn't?

Dan47 08-20-2021 12:50pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1906540)

The American government known as the Swamp and calling me a domestic terrorist for questioning the election and such? Hard to feel sorry for those folks.

ZipZap 08-20-2021 12:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1906552)
Why is it like that? Doesn't make any sense if they are so important to the mission. Feels like another "privatize the profits and socialize the losses" skit to me but I'll read your thoughts on why that isn't true, if it's isn't?

The max size of the military force is set by law. While I agree that contractors are a large budget sink, they provide much needed support. In addition, many of the contractors provide better expertise and continuity to the mission. When the military decided on a policy that looks like move, or get out, contractors were the only long term knowledge and expertise that existed. I have no idea whether there was contractor influence in moving this direction, but now it is what it is.

Dan47 08-20-2021 1:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1906557)
The max size of the military force is set by law. While I agree that contractors are a large budget sink, they provide much needed support. In addition, many of the contractors provide better expertise and continuity to the mission. When the military decided on a policy that looks like move, or get out, contractors were the only long term knowledge and expertise that existed. I have no idea whether there was contractor influence in moving this direction, but now it is what it is.

Sounds like they should have avoided those jobs then. If occupying another Country or Countries, required a bigger military, it should have been increased to reflect the mission not this nonsense.

I'll state this again, this is the same government / people pulling all the other bullshit on us. Hard to feel sorry for these people.:yesnod:

ZipZap 08-20-2021 1:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1906561)
Sounds like they should have avoided those jobs then. If occupying another Country or Countries, required a bigger military, it should have been increased to reflect the mission not this nonsense.

I'll state this again, this is the same government / people pulling all the other bullshit on us. Hard to feel sorry for these people.:yesnod:

They know what they sign up for, but they also have reasonable expectations of not being f-ed by the government. I sent civilian folks down range, always on military transport, with the expectation that military transport would bring them back. They were never abandoned like what is happening now.

VatorMan 08-20-2021 1:12pm

Quote:

WTF is wrong with you ? Contractors are there to support the mission. They signed up to be left unattended in the middle of the night ?

Chemtrails99 08-20-2021 1:13pm

Quote:

You're seemingly stuck in 1942 or so. The military hasn't done it's own thing for decades. Among many of the service personal it's a known fact that the military isn't going to invest training into a kid that quits in 4 years, so they hire what they need. I know of people who worked drones for the military and then got out. They had to get their A & P before being hired to work on them for companies. To a person they said they never had any idea the complexity and issues until after they went private.

I have no idea, nor do I care why this happens. But the military isn't a calling or passion to most in it. It's a job that they think will put them ahead. Somebody has to do the actual work.

Aerovette 08-20-2021 1:18pm

I wonder what the bus fare is for the illegal aliens being sprinkled across the nation and I wonder how they got the money for their bus ticket?

Torqaholic 08-20-2021 1:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1906541)
Easier to light a match outside in a Hurricane than trying to make a Liberal understand simple facts.

Try contrived reality. They seem drawn to it like a magnet.

Steve_R 08-20-2021 1:32pm

Quote:

Guess how I can tell you never served in the military?

Aerovette 08-20-2021 2:48pm

For anyone asking why there are civilians there...

My ex BIL drove a van back and forth between a hotel and the base he worked from in Iraq. I don't know the actual amount he made per year, but I know he came home rich. The pay for those jobs is off the charts and expenses are near zero. High risk, high pay.

Anjdog2003 08-20-2021 2:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1906609)
For anyone asking why there are civilians there...

My ex BIL drove a van back and forth between a hotel and the base he worked from in Iraq. I don't know the actual amount he made per year, but I know he came home rich. The pay for those jobs is off the charts and expenses are near zero. High risk, high pay.

You have got to pay to play:yesnod:

MadInNc 08-20-2021 3:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1906610)
You have got to pay to play:yesnod:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Think ya meen play to pay. :rofl::rofl:

Dan47 08-20-2021 3:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 1906569)
WTF is wrong with you ? Contractors are there to support the mission. They signed up to be left unattended in the middle of the night ?

WTF is wrong with you? You think many of these same people wouldn't come to our homes in the middle of the night, if they were ordered to?

Working for the Swamp is a choice.

Dan47 08-20-2021 3:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1906592)

Guess how I can tell you're not a good guesser? (But probably make a lot of money via government contracts.)

Dan47 08-20-2021 3:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemtrails99 (Post 1906571)
You're seemingly stuck in 1942 or so. The military hasn't done it's own thing for decades. Among many of the service personal it's a known fact that the military isn't going to invest training into a kid that quits in 4 years, so they hire what they need. I know of people who worked drones for the military and then got out. They had to get their A & P before being hired to work on them for companies. To a person they said they never had any idea the complexity and issues until after they went private.

I have no idea, nor do I care why this happens. But the military isn't a calling or passion to most in it. It's a job that they think will put them ahead. Somebody has to do the actual work.

I retired from the Army in 1994 and we didn't have a bunch of overpaid civilians in any of my units while I was in? We'd get a rep from General Dynamics once in a blue moon in regards to our Tanks but the dude didn't ride shotgun.

This seems to have gotten more popular when Bush Jr. became POTUS and our leaders decided to invade and occupy various ME countries (but not declare war). Just more un-Constitutional nonsense being overlooked by folks dependent on government for their livelyhood, IMO.

After my business was closed by government during this "plandemic", I've come to realize that government is too powerful. A lot of folks need to get other jobs or open a business. The private sector isn't meant to be the servant of government.

"It Is Difficult to Get a Man to Understand Something When His Salary Depends Upon His Not Understanding It" - Upton Sinclair

Giraffe (He/Him) 08-20-2021 5:55pm

1 Attachment(s)
:yesnod:

Aerovette 08-20-2021 6:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1906380)

It's called Capitalism. There is a market and there are people willing to supply that market. Of COURSE they were cashing in. If I was 30 years younger, I would have been right beside them. The point is, you expect that your own country will protect you while you perform the job. You also don't expect them to pack up and run and leave you behind. They are Americans and the did not violate any law or deserve to be left to die. Think about the dumbass in Korea that gained sympathy for his treatment in Korea. How does one feel bad for that moron, and not feel bad for people doing a job for America and supporting our troops?

Here is a question. Do you think the military over there felt good about leaving Americans behind? Do you think they thought it was a good idea? Or the right thing to do?

Now think about what will happen when Biden decides people in the US with weapons, should be gathered up. Think about when Biden decides that the unvaccinated should be in a camp. Think about what happens when Biden decides that covid vaccines should be forcibly administered.

The people he tasks will follow orders. Just like they did in Afghanistan. They'll do it in your own yard. People thinking the Police or military will never support violations of the 1st or 2nd amendment are delusional.

Dan47 08-20-2021 8:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1906683)
It's called Capitalism. There is a market and there are people willing to supply that market. Of COURSE they were cashing in. If I was 30 years younger, I would have been right beside them. The point is, you expect that your own country will protect you while you perform the job. You also don't expect them to pack up and run and leave you behind. They are Americans and the did not violate any law or deserve to be left to die. Think about the dumbass in Korea that gained sympathy for his treatment in Korea. How does one feel bad for that moron, and not feel bad for people doing a job for America and supporting our troops?

Here is a question. Do you think the military over there felt good about leaving Americans behind? Do you think they thought it was a good idea? Or the right thing to do?

Now think about what will happen when Biden decides people in the US with weapons, should be gathered up. Think about when Biden decides that the unvaccinated should be in a camp. Think about what happens when Biden decides that covid vaccines should be forcibly administered.

The people he tasks will follow orders. Just like they did in Afghanistan. They'll do it in your own yard. People thinking the Police or military will never support violations of the 1st or 2nd amendment are delusional.

Nonsense. These folks aren’t working for Americans and it’s the farthest it could possibly be from “Capitalism”. Capitalism is free markets, not deficits, trillions of debt and central bank monetization of treasuries no one with two working neurons to rub together, would invest in.

These folks chose to work for the Swamp. They didn’t ask me for my opinion and I wish no ill will upon them but they made their own beds, I owe them **** all.

This whole episode has been a shit show and a wealth transfer, from the beginning on top of the more recent WuFlu and Vaccine nonsense. You work for the Swamp, you are responsible for the consequences, not me.:yesnod:

Broken Wind 08-21-2021 7:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1906727)
Nonsense. These folks aren’t working for Americans and it’s the farthest it could possibly be from “Capitalism”. Capitalism is free markets, not deficits, trillions of debt and central bank monetization of treasuries no one with two working neurons to rub together, would invest in.

These folks chose to work for the Swamp. They didn’t ask me for my opinion and I wish no ill will upon them but they made their own beds, I owe them **** all.

This whole episode has been a shit show and a wealth transfer, from the beginning on top of the more recent WuFlu and Vaccine nonsense. You work for the Swamp, you are responsible for the consequences, not me.:yesnod:

Holy Christ. It’s worse than I thought.

Dan47 08-21-2021 7:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Wind (Post 1906770)
Holy Christ. It’s worse than I thought.

That’s deep. /s

How about committing your thoughts to the thread so we can discuss them and see what’s “worse”? :yesnod:

Jeff '79 08-21-2021 7:25am

Not that anyone G's AFF but my brother was a contractor in Kuwait during and after the 2nd Gulf war. He had missiles flying over his head on many days.
Why did he do that?
Greed, simple as that.
To go to a war zone because you are making 5x's the money you'd make here in the States is pure greed.
Call it capitalism all you want, but it's pure greed.
He knew the risks, and like some here, was very cavalier about it.
It's all good until it isn't.
When it isn't, I shouldn't have to foot the bill to get them home.
You wanna play, you have to understand that you may have to pay.
Everyone knew that The Trump administration in February 2020 negotiated a withdrawal agreement with the Taliban that excluded the Afghan government, freed 5,000 imprisoned Taliban soldiers and set a date certain of May 1, 2021, for the final withdrawal.
https://www.state.gov/wp-content/upl...n-02.29.20.pdf
Did they think that he was kidding? Biden even delayed it. There was ample time for everyone to leave.
The wild card?
The Tallyban swooped in and took the joint over. Who really thought that the Afghans would cave like they did?
Yep. A total shit show on many levels.

Giraffe (He/Him) 08-21-2021 9:51am

I know in many cases contractors have a relocation allowance if you’re working overseas. Hell, they pay it here in the states. I gotta believe that includes getting the **** outta Dodge.

Aerovette 08-21-2021 10:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1906727)

Complete bullshit. The company I work for fills government contracts. We've done it under three presidents and it made no difference if they were corrupt or a hero. It is capitalism. You need it, I have it, Very basic. If you think a trained soldier whose job it is to defend this country, is better utilized shuttling people from a hotel to a base, that's a special kind of stupid.

Hire people to do the menial tasks and pay them more to take the risk. That has nothing to do with the Swamp. Do you think the window washers in Manhattan make the same money as the Molly Maid that comes by and washes windows in a house? No, and they shouldn't.

You want to train a fkn marine to kill just so he can make beds or pass out newspapers? Bullshit. Get outsiders for that. Use the troops for what they are trained for.

Dan47 08-21-2021 11:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1906821)
Complete bullshit. The company I work for fills government contracts. We've done it under three presidents and it made no difference if they were corrupt or a hero. It is capitalism. You need it, I have it, Very basic. If you think a trained soldier whose job it is to defend this country, is better utilized shuttling people from a hotel to a base, that's a special kind of stupid.

Hire people to do the menial tasks and pay them more to take the risk. That has nothing to do with the Swamp. Do you think the window washers in Manhattan make the same money as the Molly Maid that comes by and washes windows in a house? No, and they shouldn't.

You want to train a fkn marine to kill just so he can make beds or pass out newspapers? Bullshit. Get outsiders for that. Use the troops for what they are trained for.

More nonsense. Capitalism and Government purchases are polar opposites, especially when the funding for said purchases is acquired by a central bank pulling dollars from its ass.

Definition of capitalism

: an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods, by investments that are determined by private decision, and by prices, production, and the distribution of goods that are determined by competition in a free market.

Here's an article from the military times disputing your belief that these contractors are "shuttling people from a hotel to a base."

"Who are the private contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan?"

"The debate on privatizing the war in Afghanistan is heating up yet again, with Democratic lawmakers pledging to end so-called “forever wars.” The public is slowly recognizing the war’s hidden costs and global scale.

In 2016, one in four U.S. personnel in Iraq and Afghanistan was a private contractor. This means that the war is already being outsourced, yet scholars, the media and the general public know almost nothing about it.

Because contractors operate in the shadows, without effective public oversight, they allow policymakers to have their cake and eat it too – by appearing to withdraw, while keeping proxy forces in theater."

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...d-afghanistan/

Dan47 08-21-2021 11:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1906592)

How's your investigation going? Thought for sure by now, you and your co-signers would have doxed me? :kimblair:

And since we're on the subject, what exactly did you do in the service? What branch, etc.? What do you do now, does it include business with the government?

I was a tanker in the Army and have owned and operated a "non-essential" business since leaving, (fwiw). Spent my whole life around the military as an Air Force brat too. We used to be able to walk right next to the Battleships at Pearl Harbor, back in the day. Now it's all off limits because "terrorists". :)

Dan47 08-21-2021 11:49am

Anjdog2003 08-21-2021 11:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1906776)
Not that anyone G's AFF but my brother

We don't.

Broken Wind 08-21-2021 12:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1906774)
That’s deep. /s

How about committing your thoughts to the thread so we can discuss them and see what’s “worse”? :yesnod:

OK, I get that you lost your business recently and you have a deep seated dislike, bordering on hatred, for the government (swamp) which you hold responsible. Fair enough.

However, your posts in this thread are interweaving micro and macro economics, casting aspersions upon those who choose to maximize their value in markets, and making it difficult to determine what exactly your point is other than just generally spouting off.

Aerovette 08-21-2021 12:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1906832)
More nonsense. Capitalism and Government purchases are polar opposites, especially when the funding for said purchases is acquired by a central bank pulling dollars from its ass.

Definition of capitalism

: an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods, by investments that are determined by private decision, and by prices, production, and the distribution of goods that are determined by competition in a free market.

Here's an article from the military times disputing your belief that these contractors are "shuttling people from a hotel to a base."

"Who are the private contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan?"

"The debate on privatizing the war in Afghanistan is heating up yet again, with Democratic lawmakers pledging to end so-called “forever wars.” The public is slowly recognizing the war’s hidden costs and global scale.

In 2016, one in four U.S. personnel in Iraq and Afghanistan was a private contractor. This means that the war is already being outsourced, yet scholars, the media and the general public know almost nothing about it.

Because contractors operate in the shadows, without effective public oversight, they allow policymakers to have their cake and eat it too – by appearing to withdraw, while keeping proxy forces in theater."

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...d-afghanistan/

Capitalism in your definition conveniently omits "services". Is Housecleaning not an example of capitalism? Lawncare? Mechanical repairs? Healthcare?

As far as the bolded part, if they don't know about it, they are idiots. Who DOESN'T know about it? The attacks on Dick Chaney and Halliburton were centered around this very thing. That is an asinine statement by an idiotic author. Those aren't hidden costs any more than your or my salary is. It's in a budget somewhere. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

This took about 2.5 seconds to find...In 2019, the Pentagon spent $370 billion on contracting.

Dan47 08-21-2021 12:47pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Wind (Post 1906843)
OK, I get that you lost your business recently and you have a deep seated dislike, bordering on hatred, for the government (swamp) which you hold responsible. Fair enough.

However, your posts in this thread are interweaving micro and macro economics, casting aspersions upon those who choose to maximize their value in markets, and making it difficult to determine what exactly your point is other than just generally spouting off.

I didn't lose my business, I lost some business. I wouldn't call it a hatred for government as much as an effort to educate / inform people defending or ignoring this un-Constitutional nonsense when it suits their purposes.

"In a Time of Universal Deceit — Telling the Truth Is a Revolutionary Act" :yesnod:

Micro and macro economics are interweaved. :confused5:

Dan47 08-21-2021 1:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1906845)
Capitalism in your definition conveniently omits "services". Is Housecleaning not an example of capitalism? Lawncare? Mechanical repairs? Healthcare?

As far as the bolded part, if they don't know about it, they are idiots. Who DOESN'T know about it? The attacks on Dick Chaney and Halliburton were centered around this very thing. That is an asinine statement by an idiotic author. Those aren't hidden costs any more than your or my salary is. It's in a budget somewhere. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

This took about 2.5 seconds to find...In 2019, the Pentagon spent $370 billion on contracting.

:lol: That isn't my definition of Capitalism, it's the dictionary's. Government has a monopoly on force, they cannot by definition participate in a free market. When their spending is funded by a central bank monetizing their debt, it literally becomes a form of Communism, not Capitalism. It doesn't matter what is being paid for, goods or services, but how. :yesnod:

"Is America Embracing the 10 Tenets of the Communist Manifesto?"

Another unconstitutional, and communistic-inspired entity, is the Federal Reserve, America’s national bank which exerts unprecedented power to set monetary policy with the intent of "stabilizing" the economy. All in all, the impact central bankers have had on the U.S. economy has been devastating, by, for instance, devaluing the dollar and spiking inflation rates by printing more and more money.

"One of the fundamental problems with the U.S. economy right now is the Federal Reserve thinks the answer to all our economic problems is printing money," asserted Stephen Moore of the Wall Street Journal. "We haven’t created new jobs from all of this printing of money, but what we have produced is inflation in prices." (The actual definition of inflation is an increase in the amount of currency in circulation, which in turn causes an increase in prices.) https://thenewamerican.com/is-americ...ist-manifesto/

Aerovette 08-21-2021 1:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1906847)
:lol: That isn't my definition of Capitalism, it's the dictionary's. Government has a monopoly on force, they cannot by definition participate in a free market. When their spending is funded by a central bank monetizing their debt, it literally becomes a form of Communism, not Capitalism. It doesn't matter what is being paid for, goods or services, but how. :yesnod:

"Is America Embracing the 10 Tenets of the Communist Manifesto?"

Another unconstitutional, and communistic-inspired entity, is the Federal Reserve, America’s national bank which exerts unprecedented power to set monetary policy with the intent of "stabilizing" the economy. All in all, the impact central bankers have had on the U.S. economy has been devastating, by, for instance, devaluing the dollar and spiking inflation rates by printing more and more money.

"One of the fundamental problems with the U.S. economy right now is the Federal Reserve thinks the answer to all our economic problems is printing money," asserted Stephen Moore of the Wall Street Journal. "We haven’t created new jobs from all of this printing of money, but what we have produced is inflation in prices." (The actual definition of inflation is an increase in the amount of currency in circulation, which in turn causes an increase in prices.) https://thenewamerican.com/is-americ...ist-manifesto/

Is providing a service, capitalism. Yes or No?

The bold part is EXACTLY why there are contractors. Much like prisons can't compete in the free market. You have now decided to argue with yourself apparently.

May I bother you to please provide the part of the Constitution being violated by hiring a guy to drive people around in a van?

Jeff '79 08-21-2021 1:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1906848)

The bold part is EXACTLY why there are contractors. Much like prisons can't compete in the free market. You have now decided to argue with yourself apparently.

May I bother you to please provide the part of the Constitution being violated by hiring a guy to drive people around in a van?

What exactly is your point with respect to the original issue??
As usual, your deflection is most admirable :lol:

Dan47 08-21-2021 3:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1906848)

No, providing a service is providing a service.

Capitalism refers to how wealth is created and exchanged, (goods and services). A freely chosen exchange of goods or services, freely created and paid for by the parties involved is Capitalism.

Government gets it's ability to purchase goods and services by stealing it from some and transferring it to others. Welfare and modern day government spending in general, provide services in line with this dude's thinking:

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs." - Karl Marx

Social Security is not Capitalism but it provides all sorts of services with a generational theft and transfer of wealth.:yesnod:

"The part of the Constitution being violated by hiring a guy to drive people around in a van" is paying him with Federal Reserve notes:

Article I

Section 10

Clause 1

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility. - U.S. Constitution

There are probably others being violated but the fiat currency being used to steal and transfer wealth via inflation, is the root cause of our problems, IMO.