The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   YGTBFKM!?!? POTUS says "honor Trayvon" (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54216)

Giraffe (He/Him) 07-15-2013 8:22pm

Quote:

BULLCRAP!!!!
Uh-oh! Gene's lathered up!!! :D

Jay13 07-15-2013 8:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RED-85-Z51 (Post 999080)
He died in Khakis, toting Fruit punch and skittles...I never said he was a good wannabe gangsta.

But as Ive said before..if you wanna talk the talk, you better be prepared to walk the walk. Treyvons ego wrote checks his ass couldnt cash....

:confused5: He was kicking Zimmerman's ass so badly Zimmerman felt his life was in danger. That check not only cleared the bank, it was certified.

Jeff '79 07-15-2013 8:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 999705)
Uh-oh! Gene's lathered up!!! :D

I guess I won't be doing a thread about my broken digital clothes dryer then... Damn!

Sea Six 07-15-2013 8:46pm

Page 2!!

:woohoo:

Jay13 07-15-2013 9:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 999737)
Page 2!!

:woohoo:

Page 5 and a half!! :woohoo:

ApexOversteer 07-15-2013 9:07pm

Little more than halfway down page 3!

Aerovette 07-15-2013 10:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 999631)
ApexOversteer, I'll concede to a few of your talking points, but it's 2013. It's time to move on.

If you (or more accurately, they) choose to live their lives with a chip on their shoulder and not take advantage of all the things this country has done and continues to do for the black man, they're fools.

:iagree:

Black on black crime started when blacks sold blacks to the slave traders. If there is ANY chip to be on ANY shoulder, it needs to be within their race.

In the words of Billy Joel..."We didn't start the fire".

Giraffe (He/Him) 07-16-2013 4:33am

Quote:

Black on black crime started when blacks sold blacks to the slave traders. If there is ANY chip to be on ANY shoulder, it needs to be within their race.
While that may or may not be true, using the "But he did it first!" argument falls flat on its face. It also plays right into the blame culture we all need to put behind us.

jaxgator 07-16-2013 8:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5SilverBullet (Post 999617)
"A house divided against it self cannot stand."

--A. Lincoln

"A George divided against itself, cannot stand!"

--G. Costanza

Aerovette 07-16-2013 12:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 999867)
While that may or may not be true, using the "But he did it first!" argument falls flat on its face. It also plays right into the blame culture we all need to put behind us.

It is a stronger argument than "You're great great grand-daddy did it to me, so I'm taking it out on YOU.

Truth could very well be that THEIR OWN great great grand-daddy was an active participant in the slave trade.

It's always so easy to make negative assumptions and so hard to make positive ones.

Giraffe (He/Him) 07-16-2013 12:13pm

Quote:

It is a stronger argument than "You're great great grand-daddy did it to me, so I'm taking it out on YOU.
I guess my point was we need to stop pointing the finger entirely. It serves no purpose at this point.

I wish we had a couple black people here to weigh in. :D