The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   National Event Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Official Barn Raising I Thread (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8511)

yell01 04-19-2011 8:41pm

So what's the transportation situation like around there?? I just got the "you should go if you want to" from the wife. But, if I'm at Chefs partying I don't think driving is such a good idea. I was always one of the last 4 in the lot at CI so there was plenty of alcohol consumed.

erickpl 04-22-2011 10:18am

What shooting range you guys going to use? The new one with AGW over in Roanoke? It's not far from TMS at all...

And can somebody grab me some Dublin Dr. Pepper to be shipped back here to Alabama?

I'm doing a Jeep Jamboree that weekend here in Alabama as a trail guide and won't be able to make it. I haven't been back to Texas in some time unless you count layovers in DFW... :(

Thankfully, I have a guy near my work that does Texas BBQ (he's from Midland-Odessa) and even gets his mesquite shipped from his property there. :)

Brisket.... *drool*

DAB 04-24-2011 3:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by yell01 (Post 245006)
So what's the transportation situation like around there?? I just got the "you should go if you want to" from the wife. But, if I'm at Chefs partying I don't think driving is such a good idea. I was always one of the last 4 in the lot at CI so there was plenty of alcohol consumed.

i'm driving my quad cab pickup, staying at the Hampton, and don't care for booze. have already volunteered to the organizers that i can take folks back and forth to/from hotel and airport (little $$ to cover gas would be appreciated). i'm sure there will rides available if you ask around and promise not to make a mess of the ride :D

yell01 04-25-2011 7:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 251006)
i'm driving my quad cab pickup, staying at the Hampton, and don't care for booze. have already volunteered to the organizers that i can take folks back and forth to/from hotel and airport (little $$ to cover gas would be appreciated). i'm sure there will rides available if you ask around and promise not to make a mess of the ride :D

That makes it much more interesting. :cheers:

Y2Kvert4me 04-25-2011 7:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by yell01 (Post 252661)
That makes it much more interesting. :cheers:

Posted elsewhere, claims he has no sense of smell either.

You can't go wrong Frank, no matter what you eat prior. :lol:

:cheers:

Cajundude@EnglandGreen 04-25-2011 9:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by yell01 (Post 245006)

Tom wouldn't be one of those four right? :). Couldn't be because he only has one beer...

Y2Kvert4me 04-25-2011 9:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajundude@EnglandGreen (Post 252827)
Tom wouldn't be one of those four right? :). Couldn't be because he only has one beer...

Jason my friend, I hope you can spare the time to grace us with your presence that weekend. :yesnod:

We need some more of that "not right". :D

Cajundude@EnglandGreen 04-25-2011 9:43pm

:lol:

Firevette 05-14-2011 8:58pm

Looks like i'll see everyone Thursday and Friday. :hurray:

Need to be back in Houston on Saturday.

oyealiz 05-14-2011 9:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firevette (Post 274716)
Looks like i'll see everyone Thursday and Friday. :hurray:

Need to be back in Houston on Saturday.

I'm so excited you get to come!!!! :dance:

Cajundude@EnglandGreen 05-14-2011 11:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by oyealiz (Post 274759)
I'm so excited you get to come!!!! :dance:

Do you know how special you are? Liz is excited to see somebody come! And will even dance!:hurray:

oyealiz 05-15-2011 12:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajundude@EnglandGreen (Post 274912)
Do you know how special you are? Liz is excited to see somebody come! And will even dance!:hurray:

I'm excited about everyone who's coming, you included. :D :yesnod: But until today, Rocky didn't think he'd be able to make it. :)

Cajundude@EnglandGreen 05-15-2011 12:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by oyealiz (Post 274939)

I'm excited about everyone who's coming, you included. :D :yesnod: But until today, Rocky didn't think he'd be able to make it. :)

Sweet! I'll take up the slack when I come!:hurray:

Firevette 05-15-2011 1:15am

What can I say.. Im just special. :yesnod:

Cant wait, Its going to be good times.:dance:

Cajundude@EnglandGreen 05-15-2011 1:58am

Uhhhh, wait a minute...:leaving:

DAB 05-15-2011 2:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me (Post 252677)
Posted elsewhere, claims he has no sense of smell either.

You can't go wrong Frank, no matter what you eat prior. :lol:

true, i can't smell. go figure.

beer goes in here to chill:

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/b64d0e7b.jpg

will fit 2 kegs and ice nicely.