The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   [CFB] Conference Championship Week 2021 College Football GameDay Thread [/CFB] (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127373)

tuco 12-05-2021 7:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1926403)
They purposely did not match Bama and Georgia in the semis. Bama jumping over Michigan is BS. If it was such a commanding win for Bama, then why isn't GA 4th? As someone said previously, NcaASCAR.:sadangel:

I do understand your reasoning to an extent, but all of this is just made for TV to make $$.
If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. Either this week or the week after.
Networks have to make $ too, and no one wants to see bama Georgia back to back.
Just a reality of what the public wants.
Ideally its east vs west to them but... the " elite team is ranked 67th this year" :hump:
Comical...

sublime1996525 12-06-2021 3:52pm

How about dem Utes?????

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/n4gH..._2898449.0.jpg

Will 12-06-2021 4:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1926403)
They purposely did not match Bama and Georgia in the semis. Bama jumping over Michigan is BS. If it was such a commanding win for Bama, then why isn't GA 4th? As someone said previously, NcaASCAR.:sadangel:

Bama played a statistically tougher schedule than Michigan, and capped off their season by putting together the best win of any team of the entire season over UGA in the SEC title game, and would be favored by Vegas in a match-up against Michigan. There is no objective reason for Alabama not to be ahead of Michigan, only subjective ones.

The only questionable part of the top 4 is Michigan vs. Georgia since UGA has a better loss, played a better schedule, and is favored by Vegas. However there are 2 objective reasons to have Michigan ahead of them - better signature win, and a conference championship.

Cincy #4 and no higher is a no brainer. They deserved to get in since Oklahoma State lost and they beat Notre Dame, and I'm glad they did get in. But they are not in the league of the Top 3 and ND was their singular game comparable to the half dozen or more tough games the other 3 had to play.

ZipZap 12-06-2021 5:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 1926535)
Bama played a statistically tougher schedule than Michigan, and capped off their season by putting together the best win of any team of the entire season over UGA in the SEC title game, and would be favored by Vegas in a match-up against Michigan. There is no objective reason for Alabama not to be ahead of Michigan, only subjective ones.

The only questionable part of the top 4 is Michigan vs. Georgia since UGA has a better loss, played a better schedule, and is favored by Vegas. However there are 2 objective reasons to have Michigan ahead of them - better signature win, and a conference championship.

Cincy #4 and no higher is a no brainer. They deserved to get in since Oklahoma State lost and they beat Notre Dame, and I'm glad they did get in. But they are not in the league of the Top 3 and ND was their singular game comparable to the half dozen or more tough games the other 3 had to play.

GA's schedule was puff. Their "big" win was over Clemson:rofl: They played no other teams that ended up in the top 20 except Bama, and they got their ass handed to them.

Bama lost to A&M, an eventual #23. There only quality win this year besides GA was MS. Beat no other teams that ended up top 20.

MI's only loss is to the #11 team, and they had a seriously questionable call that kept them from running the table. They dominated the #7 team and absolutely trounced the eventual #17 team.

I don't know how "statistically" tougher is defined, but the final rankings from 1 to 25 tell a very different story.

Bottom line is that $ kept the committee from putting Bama at 2 and GA at 3.

Anjdog2003 12-06-2021 7:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1926538)
GA's schedule was puff. Their "big" win was over Clemson:rofl: They played no other teams that ended up in the top 20 except Bama, and they got their ass handed to them.

Bama lost to A&M, an eventual #23. There only quality win this year besides GA was MS. Beat no other teams that ended up top 20.

MI's only loss is to the #11 team, and they had a seriously questionable call that kept them from running the table. They dominated the #7 team and absolutely trounced the eventual #17 team.

I don't know how "statistically" tougher is defined, but the final rankings from 1 to 25 tell a very different story.

:yesnod: Alabama would get in with 2 losses. And like you said, who did Georgia play? It will be Alabama and Michigan

Alabama 24
Michigan 17

Only because Alabama lost their all American receiver.

higgyburners 12-06-2021 9:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublime1996525 (Post 1926525)

Word in Eugene is kyle whittingham is in talks with Oregon....:rofl:

Anjdog2003 12-06-2021 11:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by higgyburners (Post 1926570)

Word in the rest of the Nation is Oregon isn't going to get any more 5-star players and most of their 4-star players from California anymore. :yesnod:

tuco 12-06-2021 11:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1926538)

Always the way...
But if you wish to be the best, you have to beat the best at one time or another.
It might be PPV...but at least we have a playoff.
No conference will ever be totally happy, but the opportunity to be able to win a national championship for a team like Cincy speaks volumes. JMO. :dance:

Strats-N-Vettes 12-07-2021 8:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuco (Post 1926575)
But if you wish to be the best, you have to beat the best at one time or another.

:iagree:
Truth...and it's why teams want to go to the SEC, or play SEC teams.

I read a post where some Oregon dud stated (I'll paraphrase):
"I cant wait until ***** get's his hands on some SEC QBs."

It's the golden standard, the high bar if you will.

And to be totally fair; there's some teams that don't want to go to the SEC, they like their conference. :yesnod:

(because their conference is loaded with cupcakes and they'll never be over-rated or #1 again...LOL)

sublime1996525 12-07-2021 10:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by higgyburners (Post 1926570)

Hahaha well that would be a great pickup for you guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1926596)

And to be totally fair; there's some teams that don't want to go to the SEC, they like their conference. :yesnod:

(because their conference is loaded with cupcakes and they'll never be over-rated or #1 again...LOL)

The SEC has a ton of cupcakes too sooo...

Arkansas, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Missouri hasn't been good in a long time, SC, Tennessee, Vanderbilt... So they have Alabama, Florida every 5 years, Georgia, LSU every 10 years, and Auburn once in a lifetime lol

ZipZap 12-07-2021 11:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1926596)

You're living in the past:rofl:

The days of the SEC being tough top-to-bottom are long gone with the dilution of the conference. Certainly the top two or three can compete with anybody, but the remainder are no better than the other top conferences.

BTW, looking forward to the UT/fOSU match up. It could be brutal with those two physical teams. Hopefully smashmouth football!

sublime1996525 12-07-2021 11:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1926645)
You're living in the past:rofl:

The days of the SEC being tough top-to-bottom are long gone with the dilution of the conference. Certainly the top two or three can compete with anybody, but the remainder are no better than the other top conferences.

BTW, looking forward to the UT/fOSU match up. It could be brutal with those two physical teams. Hopefully smashmouth football!

Hell yes!!! I'm so stoked for this game. GO UTES!!!

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/sites...2/127699_h.jpg

Strats-N-Vettes 12-07-2021 1:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1926645)
The days of the SEC being tough top-to-bottom are long gone with the dilution of the conference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublime1996525 (Post 1926643)
The SEC has a ton of cupcakes too sooo...
Arkansas, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Missouri hasn't been good in a long time, SC, Tennessee, Vanderbilt... So they have Alabama, Florida every 5 years, Georgia, LSU every 10 years, and Auburn once in a lifetime lol

pfffft...the SEC only has two losers = Vandy and the Cocks. :kick:

LOL
both of you
STFU
you too Anjdog.

Anjdog2003 12-07-2021 4:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1926676)
pfffft...the SEC only has Eight losers = Vandy, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, and most of the years the Mississippi schools, Ed Orgeron and the Cocks. :kick

:kick:

sublime1996525 12-07-2021 4:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1926676)
pfffft...the SEC only has two losers = Vandy and the Cocks. :kick:

LOL
both of you
STFU
you too Anjdog.

:lol:Love you man

Strats-N-Vettes 12-07-2021 4:58pm

PSA
A couple of you just made my ignore list.

Steve_R 12-07-2021 5:01pm

Is fUSC in the playoffs this year?

:popcorns:

Strats-N-Vettes 12-07-2021 5:04pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1926712)
Is fUSC in the playoffs this year?
:popcorns:

Anjdog2003 12-07-2021 7:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1926713)
We are. We took our 6-6 record with no pride considering 3 of our wins were against Div 2 teams.

super

ZipZap 12-07-2021 10:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1926711)
PSA
A couple of you just made my ignore list.

One can only hope:rofl: