The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   So who here is actually banned over there ... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121094)

NCC-1701 12-28-2019 4:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1703710)
My last ban before this one was when "themonk" went off on an obvious personal attack directed specifically at me, and I posted "I'm in your head."

AFAIK, he was not banned. This is why I say there is no consistency of moderation over there.

I'm the same. I would like my account unlocked so I can see and use the C3 section. But honestly, if I got banned from CFOT forever I doubt I would care. I'm tired of getting banned for no reason.

https://www.thecorvettemechanic.com/index.php

For any questions you may have..

Voytek 12-28-2019 4:33pm

It’s actually nice and quiet there for a change without you hooligans :leaving:

96 Vette CE 12-28-2019 4:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwjz06 (Post 1703860)
I got banned for associating with you people in the bar:D:lol: ban over 1-1-20 10:00am:seasix:

Your ex prolly knows one of the Mods :leaving:

:D

Raazor 12-28-2019 5:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 96 Vette CE (Post 1703935)

:popcorns:

Murray 12-28-2019 5:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voytek (Post 1703933)
It’s actually nice and quiet there for a change without you hooligans :leaving:

It was the only way to get away from those shirtless selfies :yesnod:

z06psi 12-28-2019 5:32pm

Quote:

Oh shit!!!!

[emoji1787]

ThePirate 12-28-2019 5:56pm

Just checked. Guess I didn't **** up as bad as they originally said. My end of ban is now changed from 1-1-20 to 12-31-19 5:00pm. Now you know who has the pull over there. They are wanting me back to help run things. Cops stick together. :lol:

BOTY 12-28-2019 5:58pm

People who give two chits forum -------------------->

Mick 12-28-2019 6:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1703915)
I really don’t know if your figure is accurate but I suspect it is pretty close. How many people actually got banned? A dozen? Out of how many that post there?

Look at the Corvette Forum main page. Check out the posts/views counts on some of the other sub forums (like C5 Gen or PR&C).

The total number of posts “lost” due to this round of banning has got to be a minuscule percentage.

I have no idea what the percentage is. But I did take a count a week or so ago of folks here who admitted to catching a ban from the "bar thread" hissy fit, and we were up to about 30. There were more bannings than that though, as I am pretty sure I know at least one person who was banned but has not shown up here.

CFOT and CFPR&C are the two most active sub-sections over there, for whatever that is worth.

Like I said, someone over there definitely pulled the reins in at least a little, because it's not JUST traffic and clicks. If you owned CF, would you want a hundred plus folks wandering around the internet telling anyone who will listen how much CF sucks? I wouldn't.

99 pewtercoupe 12-28-2019 6:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1704058)
I have no idea what the percentage is. But I did take a count a week or so ago of folks here who admitted to catching a ban from the "bar thread" hissy fit, and we were up to about 30. There were more bannings than that though, as I am pretty sure I know at least one person who was banned but has not shown up here.

CFOT and CFPR&C are the two most active sub-sections over there, for whatever that is worth.

Like I said, someone over there definitely pulled the reins in at least a little, because it's not JUST traffic and clicks. If you owned CF, would you want a hundred plus folks wandering around the internet telling anyone who will listen how much CF sucks? I wouldn't.

Ok you just went from 30 to 100 people. Even at 100 that is still such a relatively insignificant number for a site the size of CF. You would be really hard pressed to find a site as large that doesn’t have some comparable number of former users who are now haters.
Just for the record, I am not condoning the infantile behavior of certain mods there. I was perma banned in 2011 for telling a mod what they could do with their “moderation”. I was just two months short of 10 year membership at the time. My point is...get over it,

dwjz06 12-28-2019 6:39pm

Quote:

Your ex prolly blows one of the Mods :leaving:

Fixt:D:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raazor (Post 1703971)
:popcorns:

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1704010)
Oh shit!!!!

[emoji1787]

:lol::cert:

BOTY 12-28-2019 6:52pm

I was banned , well that was rude. :cert:

Y2Kvert4me 12-28-2019 6:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1704058)
If you owned CF, would you want a hundred plus folks wandering around the internet telling anyone who will listen how much CF sucks? I wouldn't.

I own The Vette Barn, and there's (at least) 100 plus folks wandering around the internet telling anyone who will listen how much The Vette Barn sucks. Shit happens, can't please everyone. :Jeff '79:

As to your general point, page ads are a tiny supplement to IB's overall revenue stream. They exist simply because some desk jockey feels an annoyance that generates a penny or two daily is preferable to a blank space that has zero potential of earning anything.
On a single website, that difference is negligible, but when you host hundreds of websites consisting of thousands of forums, and billions of pages...Those pennies do tend to add up, thus the implementation of them.

Supporting vendors are BY FAR CF's bread and butter, and they only serve the generational sections. CF would love for nothing more than to eliminate OT/PR&C sections entirely, and they have flat-out expressed that desire numerous times over the years. :yesnod:
They may see a fair amount of traffic, but in the grand scheme of things, those sections are loss leaders that generate their corporate overlord a minuscule amount of income.

:cert:

99 pewtercoupe 12-28-2019 7:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me (Post 1704098)
I own The Vette Barn, and there's (at least) 100 plus folks wandering around the internet telling anyone who will listen how much The Vette Barn sucks.
Shit happens, can't please everyone. :Jeff '79:

As to your general point, page ads are a tiny supplement to IB's overall revenue stream. They exist simply because some desk jockey feels an annoyance that generates a penny or two daily is preferable to a blank space that has zero potential of earning anything.
On a single website, that difference is negligible, but when you host hundreds of websites consisting of thousands of forums, and billions of pages...Those pennies do tend to add up, thus the implementation of them.

Supporting vendors are BY FAR CF's bread and butter, and they only serve the generational sections. CF would love for nothing more than to eliminate OT/PR&C sections entirely, and they have flat-out expressed that desire numerous times over the years. :yesnod:
They may see a fair amount of traffic, but in the grand scheme of things, those sections are loss leaders that generate their corporate overlord a minuscule amount of income.

:cert:

Given how many OT members are so glib about not even owning Corvettes, that makes them even less desirable to supporting vendors and others that buy ads on the site

IrishSpuds 12-28-2019 7:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1704103)
Given how many OT members are so glib about not even owning Corvettes, that makes them even less desirable to supporting vendors and others that buy ads on the site

Some of the supporting vendors were IB whores. They paid their fee and sold crap and ripped people off. Not all were terrible but some like corvettemods were the scum of the earth

z06psi 12-28-2019 7:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOTY (Post 1704097)
I was banned , well that was rude. :cert:

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

BOTY 12-28-2019 7:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1704107)
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

:sadangel:

dvarapala 12-28-2019 7:19pm

Quote:

That's a foolish attitude. Most are former Corvette owners and many would at least consider owning one again.

z06psi 12-28-2019 7:21pm

Quote:

You do realize most of the time that is a joke.

Murray 12-28-2019 7:22pm

Quote:

Good chance that’s a bit false based on the most recent polls. I’d bet the number is somewhere between 65-75%