The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Las Vegas Active Shooter (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112373)

Aerovette 10-02-2017 9:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1589812)

Nicholas Cage is a mad man ! :lol:

Stangkiller 10-03-2017 5:23am

A-15, AR-10, and AK-47’s with slide fire or rotary triggers, both of which are readily available on the market and claimed to be legal. Holy shit, kiss those slide fires good bye, I never could understand why those were allowed.
This whole thing still just doesn’t add up for me. I really suspect his room mate who fled the country converted him to Islam.

Giraffe (He/Him) 10-03-2017 8:14am

Have they actually said what was used or is everyone speculating? If they have I’ve missed it.

Cybercowboy 10-03-2017 8:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1589877)
Have they actually said what was used or is everyone speculating? If they have I’ve missed it.

They most definitely have not released what types of guns he used, just that there was something like 17 guns in the hotel rooms and about 10 more at his house. Also there was some explosives supposedly found in his vehicle and his house in Mesquite NV.

Stangkiller 10-03-2017 8:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1589878)
They most definitely have not released what types of guns he used, just that there was something like 17 guns in the hotel rooms and about 10 more at his house. Also there was some explosives supposedly found in his vehicle and his house in Mesquite NV.

They most definetly did detail that several of his guns had modified stocks to allow full auto firing. Also have detailed that .223 and .308 were in the suite

It looks like the article has been changed or retracted though :banghead:

Broken Wind 10-03-2017 8:45am

The anti-gun fervor is at a very high pitch today. I haven't heard anything that would have prevented this though. What we need is more asshole control.

snide 10-03-2017 9:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Wind (Post 1589883)
The anti-gun fervor is at a very high pitch today. I haven't heard anything that would have prevented this though. What we need is more asshole control.

If assholes want to kill people, they'll always find a way.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. And bullets. But not guns.

boracayjohnny 10-03-2017 9:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1589884)
If assholes want to kill people, they'll always find a way.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. And bullets. But not guns.

"But, but mah agenda..."

OddBall 10-03-2017 10:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Wind (Post 1589883)

What you won't be hearing from the MSM:

September totals for gun-free Chicago
Shot & Killed: 57
Shot & Wounded: 273

Milton Fox 10-03-2017 10:13am

It is not been mentioned here, but supposedly his biological father was a sociopathic bank robber wanted by the FBI for 8 years. Note that being sociopathic is not quite the same thing as being mentally ill. It would lean more towards criminally insane.

Anyway! Sad occurence all around.

I also havent seen any news about people shooting back, because they were disarmed to attend the concert I am sure.

There is a story about a veteran staying at the mandaly bay who called 911 to help locate the shooter. He was directly underneath the shooters location and needs to be recognized for pin pointing that position for police and bringing the situation to an end and saving others lives. :patriot:

Cybercowboy 10-03-2017 1:56pm

A picture of two of his guns.

https://theconservativetreehouse.fil...massacre-8.jpg

Not yet identified but I'm sure that will be simple enough. Also this:

Quote:

Las Vegas police said he had 23 guns inside his hotel room, including semiautomatic rifles. Also, investigators said, 19 guns were found in his home along with thousands of rounds of ammunition.

MrPeabody 10-03-2017 1:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milton Fox (Post 1589899)
It is not been mentioned here, but supposedly his biological father was a sociopathic bank robber wanted by the FBI for 8 years. Note that being sociopathic is not quite the same thing as being mentally ill. It would lean more towards criminally insane.

Anyway! Sad occurence all around.

I also havent seen any news about people shooting back, because they were disarmed to attend the concert I am sure.

There is a story about a veteran staying at the mandaly bay who called 911 to help locate the shooter. He was directly underneath the shooters location and needs to be recognized for pin pointing that position for police and bringing the situation to an end and saving others lives. :patriot:

I heard that they found his room because smoke from all the gunfire set off the smoke detector in his room. Multiple people called 911.

Cybercowboy 10-03-2017 2:26pm

http://i.imgs.fyi/img/1it6.png

Broken Wind 10-03-2017 4:28pm

Well I'll be damned. Not the type of firearms I thought they would be.

Jeff '79 10-03-2017 7:02pm

I smell a cover-up.
What did the note say ?
Are those the real weapons used?
What does the GF have to say ?
This just does not add up.
He's that pissed because he lost a $100k lawsuit ?
Weird...

boracayjohnny 10-03-2017 7:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1589992)
I smell a cover-up.
What did the note say ?
Weird...

Maybe I have aluminum in my head but there's things here that could be off. I do know an M-16 is loud but that sounded really loud. But why two windows? And here's a guy with no training that's using a bump stock, has enough weapons for a small war, and, and....

I will say things can be explained. For example; the weapons are just fukking loud. I've qualified with an M-16 many times and that shit is loud...louder than many think it would be.

Dave 10-03-2017 8:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1590004)
Maybe I have aluminum in my head but there's things here that could be off. I do know an M-16 is loud but that sounded really loud. But why two windows? And here's a guy with no training that's using a bump stock, has enough weapons for a small war, and, and....

I will say things can be explained. For example; the weapons are just fukking loud. I've qualified with an M-16 many times and that shit is loud...louder than many think it would be.

You're not usually downrange when firing.

Oh-yaa 10-03-2017 8:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1589992)
I smell a cover-up.
What did the note say ?
Weird...

Why is there a cover-up? After 2 whole days the investigation is not wrapped up and delivered?
Time needed to follow any leads from the note left.
Time to process the weapons and ammo used. How were they purchased and from where. All the rules followed for the purchases? Did someone else make the purchases for him?
The GF is out of the country so that takes some time to get her here or an investigator there to interview. I suspect other legal requirements have to be met wherever she is.
The lawsuit was a slip and fall case at another property not owned by MGM Resorts. Why take out aggression at a property that wasn't originally involved?

So what doesn't add up?

Yes the f-tard had some form of hate to kill and injure so many innocent people before taking his own piece of shit life.

:sadangel:for the injured:sadangel:
:sadangel:for the deceased:sadangel:

DAB 10-03-2017 8:54pm

You can teach yourself to shoot. Takes time and money.

I have no formal training.

Aerovette 10-03-2017 9:03pm

Graphic image: https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...20dff056fc.jpg

This is the only positive in this entire tragedy.