The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   1978 with 1600 miles (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137355)

Yadkin 04-18-2024 10:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurus (Post 2247682)
I don't have a time stamp and I'm not going back to get one but in the video they show rodent damage to the starter cables and battery cables which is why they didn't attempt to put power to the car.

So that will cost another $35. :sleep:

roadpilot 04-18-2024 10:16am

When I pulled out my speedo/odo I could of backed my mileage back to 0
I did not. I set it at the mileage that was on the odo when I pulled it. Lets
face it, a 58 year old car ...You know the odometer has has been cleared before.
I dont trust any low milage car to be correct.

Steve_R 04-18-2024 10:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDSLT5 (Post 2247607)
Did you watch the video? I'm questioning it because it is clear that those ****ing idiots couldn't start a running shoe or run a glass of water. Expecting those mental midgets to actually do anything useful is humorous at best, dangerous at worst.

I did watch it. Typical YouTube video for clicks to make money. They're clearly not gearheads, they're YouTube "influencers" making videos to make money. Another in a long list of reasons I don't watch YouTube for anything, especially car videos.

GTOguy 04-18-2024 10:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDSLT5 (Post 2247607)
Did you watch the video? I'm questioning it because it is clear that those ****ing idiots couldn't start a running shoe or run a glass of water. Expecting those mental midgets to actually do anything useful is humorous at best, dangerous at worst.

Agreed. I've never pressure washed anything but the sidewalk and our old car hauling truck at work. Never a vehicle. This car, as well as being nothing special to begin with, is a money pit. The ONLY thing it has going for it is that nice red interior. I'm a sucker for red interiors.

ptindall 04-18-2024 10:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurus (Post 2247682)
I don't have a time stamp and I'm not going back to get one but in the video they show rodent damage to the starter cables and battery cables which is why they didn't attempt to put power to the car.

You don't have a time stamp because that never happened. You imagined that.

The explaination for not powering the car is at 19:30, before the battery compartment was opened.

The battery compartment is opened later and no wiring damage is seen or mentioned.

Taurus 04-18-2024 10:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 2247687)
So that will cost another $35. :sleep:

If that's all that wrong. I'm sure the racoons and rodents stopped with the battery and starter cables, nothing else to worry about. :spdchk:

Taurus 04-18-2024 10:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptindall (Post 2247707)
You don't have a time stamp because that never happened. You imagined that.

I re-watched the video and you are correct, I have my videos confused. These guys did one the week before from the same garage as well, an old Caddy.

GTOguy 04-18-2024 11:08am

Dirt floors and raccoons are never good for long term car storage. It never ends well.

Aerovette 04-18-2024 3:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 2247571)
I had a 1975 Corvette. I got rid of it when some old woman passed me in a walker.

She probably had the high output model.

Yadkin 04-18-2024 3:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurus (Post 2247710)
If that's all that wrong. I'm sure the racoons and rodents stopped with the battery and starter cables, nothing else to worry about. :spdchk:

Back then they didn't make wire insulation out or rodent food, so further damage is unlikely :spdchk: