The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic Regional Events/Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mod Party Saturday July 10th (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3113)

zz4vetteguy 06-26-2010 12:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 39804)
I might not be able to make it on the 10th, I won't know until the 9th. One guy at work is heading to Germany, then I find out one guy is quitting and guess who gets to cover the extra hours. :kick:

Tell them that they are not allowed to go anywhere till the 11th...:D

thegreenman 06-26-2010 12:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz4vetteguy (Post 39838)
Tell them that they are not allowed to go anywhere till the 11th...:D

I wish I could, both of them gave me an extra week. This weekend might be last weekend I have off for two to six months.

tomurphjr 06-26-2010 7:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 39840)
I wish I could, both of them gave me an extra week. This weekend might be last weekend I have off for two to six months.

Dang.....my ride is bailing on me :willy:

thegreenman 06-26-2010 8:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomurphjr (Post 39875)

I am not out yet, but don't bank on the ride.

Did you sell yours?

badbirdcage 06-26-2010 8:09pm

I'll try to make it if my POS will start. Mmmm, that cold beer sounds delicious.

Rich:cheers:

YorkL8apex 06-26-2010 8:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomurphjr (Post 39875)

Tom, I'm going down and can take the SS, Suburban, or Vette and will have an extra seat. I may even need you to drive one down if you can.

tomurphjr 06-26-2010 9:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkL8apex (Post 39894)
Tom, I'm going down and can take the SS, Suburban, or Vette and will have an extra seat. I may even need you to drive one down if you can.

Tony,

Thanks for the offer. I'll be happy to grab the pass seat or drive something down if you need me too.

The vette is officially gone as of this morning.....I'm pretty bummed about it. On the other hand, I'm looking at the big picture of moving back home and am happy about that. Besides, I'll have another or three one day.

Oh and the couple that bought the car lives in Suffolk, so some of you might be seeing it around.

tomurphjr 06-26-2010 9:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 39880)
I am not out yet, but don't bank on the ride.

Did you sell yours?

She's gone. They came and got her at 11am this morning. I watched her leave:o

It's been a weird day. I hate to sound shallow, but I felt like the car was part of the family or something.

I did get my asking price, which was nice. The came Thursday and the husband and i took it for a drive. It didn't take them long to tell me they wanted it.

He said they've been looking at Corvettes for quite awhile, but didn't find anything until the saw mine. He said...man that thing is in pristine shape...which it was. I loved that car. Ok, I'm done. Was just venting and fubaring up Joe's thread again..:lolsmile:

thegreenman 06-26-2010 9:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomurphjr (Post 39908)

It's been a weird day. I hate to sound shallow, but I felt like the car was part of the family or something.

I did get my asking price, which was nice. The came Thursday and the husband and i took it for a drive. It didn't take them long to tell me they wanted it.

He said they've been looking at Corvettes for quite awhile, but didn't find anything until the saw mine. He said...man that thing is in pristine shape...which it was. I loved that car. Ok, I'm done. Was just venting and fubaring up Joe's thread again..:lolsmile:

You will get another one in good time. I still have cold ones in the frig, you know where I live.

Z51 Silver Surfer 06-27-2010 8:24am

Joe let me know if you need me to drive the Tahoe or not. If anything i can probably grab Mom's and let her have the Vette for the day! I know I am a nice son to offer such a great deal!! But I might have to drive mine down Mom loves her Tahoe. I will be down next weekend for Cars and Coffee so we can figure out the Logistics of that then.

Z51 Silver Surfer 06-27-2010 8:26am

Quote:

Tom sorry to hear you sold the Vette but understand why you are doing it!

zz4vetteguy 06-27-2010 9:55am

Quote:

I hate to sound shallow, but I felt like the car was part of the family or something.

Nah, when I got laid off, and got rid of everything I owned, even with as much as I had to struggle to make the payments, keeping the Vette was what helped me keep my sanity.

PortDawg 06-27-2010 8:53pm

Wish I could be there...I'll be enjoying Ft Campbell, Kentucky...:skep:

zz4vetteguy 07-01-2010 2:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by PortDawg (Post 39992)
Wish I could be there...I'll be enjoying Ft Campbell, Kentucky...:skep:

Since you will be in the area, is that anywhere close for you to take a side trip to Bowling Green?

zz4vetteguy 07-01-2010 3:03pm

Finally got my father to say "maybe, I will see what's going on" which means 37% yes and 63% no....so there is a good chance he will be there...lol

SteveG75 07-04-2010 3:15pm

Joe,

I'm a 60% yes right now. Need to see if I need to deal with job search or house sale stuff that day.

Steve

Shrek 07-06-2010 6:01am

Mod Party Address!!

PM with my address has been sent to most of you on the list. If you're on the list and didn't get a PM, it means you've been here enough times to remember where you're going, "TONY" :D

:seeya: Jeff

4dschvy 07-06-2010 8:54am

Looks like I'll be free that morning if you have room for one more.

Ford

zz4vetteguy 07-06-2010 6:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4dschvy (Post 40789)
Looks like I'll be free that morning if you have room for one more.

Ford

There is always room, come on out

YorkL8apex 07-07-2010 6:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrek (Post 40785)
PM with my address has been sent to most of you on the list. If you're on the list and didn't get a PM, it means you've been here enough times to remember where you're going, "TONY" :D

:seeya: Jeff

Is it still down there cross the crik from the turnip patch liken it used ta be?

Tom M.... it looks like Greenman is bringing the welder by and I'm bringing a 10x10 pop up to keep the rain off the grillmaster/demo man. I'll take the SS with the gear if you can drive the ZR-1 down for me that would be great. Probably plan to leave Poquoson around 8ish?