The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   So who here is actually banned over there ... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121094)

BOTY 12-28-2019 1:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murray (Post 1703700)
So my “I could never live there” reply about sublime’s location is what did it :rofl: :rofl:

Priceless. :rofl:

BOTY 12-28-2019 1:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voytek (Post 1703741)
I’m not banned.

Yet :leaving:

You aren't trying. :D

Mick 12-28-2019 2:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1703777)
They don't. None of the moderator/admin staff has a personal stake in the traffic/ad revenue over there.

Their thinking is new people will come along and if OT is neutered then all the better.

Partially true. The moderators are volunteers, so they don't get paid, and as a result, I'm sure they don't give a shit. They certainly act like they don't give a shit. I'm not sure what "Pewter99's" role is over there, he is listed as an "administrator", but with his PD job, I think it unlikely he is paid by IB, but I don't know.

Someone at IB is responsible for that asset, and if the revenue suddenly tanks, they will have to explain to their boss why. I wouldn't want to be that guy, and go to my boss and say "one (or more) of the moderators had a hissy fit and banned most of the regular members", or some other similar. So yeah, if I was in that role, I would give somewhat of a shit.

dvarapala 12-28-2019 2:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voytek (Post 1703743)
Who do I have to talk to to get banned here. :D

Posting some shirtless selfies oughtta do it. :yesnod:

z06psi 12-28-2019 2:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1703834)
Partially true. The moderators are volunteers, so they don't get paid, and as a result, I'm sure they don't give a shit. They certainly act like they don't give a shit. I'm not sure what "Pewter99's" role is over there, he is listed as an "administrator", but with his PD job, I think it unlikely he is paid by IB, but I don't know.

Someone at IB is responsible for that asset, and if the revenue suddenly tanks, they will have to explain to their boss why. I wouldn't want to be that guy, and go to my boss and say "one (or more) of the moderators had a hissy fit and banned most of the regular members", or some other similar. So yeah, if I was in that role, I would give somewhat of a shit.

You believe that shit?

OT is a small fraction of the traffic there.

dvarapala 12-28-2019 2:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1703834)

So what percentage of the total site traffic do you estimate that CFOT comprises? How much of an overall hit will they take by losing that traffic? :popcorns:

Mick 12-28-2019 2:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1703837)
You believe that shit?

OT is a small fraction of the traffic there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1703838)
So what percentage of the total site traffic do you estimate that CFOT comprises? How much of an overall hit will they take by losing that traffic? :popcorns:

No idea if it is significant or not, but the point is the same, SOMEBODY is responsible for that revenue.

dwjz06 12-28-2019 3:01pm

I got banned for associating with you people in the bar:D:lol: ban over 1-1-20 10:00am:seasix:

dvarapala 12-28-2019 3:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1703847)
No idea if it is significant or not, but the point is the same, SOMEBODY is responsible for that revenue.

Is IB publicly traded? What's their stock price been doing lately? :waiting:

Mick 12-28-2019 3:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1703861)
Is IB publicly traded? What's their stock price been doing lately? :waiting:

Is your Google broke?

They are owned by KKR. If you don't know what that means, I can't help you in a single post that anyone would want to read.

Like I said, there was undoubtedly a shift in tactics along the way, so SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE must have said "maybe banning ALL of our members actually ISN'T a great idea". :yesnod:

dvarapala 12-28-2019 3:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1703863)
Is your Google broke?

Is your sense of humor? :D

Egnalf 12-28-2019 3:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLEXjs (Post 1703721)
Not banned because I am a super polite, friendly and respectful Canadian.

Sure is quiet over there though...

tagline of said respectful canook…..you are a cheeky knut

Mick 12-28-2019 3:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1703866)
Is your sense of humor? :D

No.

Raazor 12-28-2019 4:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1703789)
perma-banned years ago for mentioning this place there.

that's just gay. wtf is wrong with what you did?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1703838)

those of us kicked out of the sand box for defying the bar thread rule (I posed the rofl smiley) represent less than one quarter of 1% in daily posts.

They don't care if we're there or not :yesnod:

Voytek 12-28-2019 4:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1703836)
Posting some shirtless selfies oughtta do it. :yesnod:

:jeff:

https://i.ibb.co/JtKPtKb/53-A8717-A-...43-A1-F2-A.jpg

dvarapala 12-28-2019 4:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raazor (Post 1703897)
that's just gay. wtf is wrong with what you did?

There is an explicit rule against mentioning other Corvette forums/websites.

Raazor 12-28-2019 4:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1703905)
There is an explicit rule against mentioning other Corvette forums/websites.

gay rule is gay

99 pewtercoupe 12-28-2019 4:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raazor (Post 1703897)

those of us kicked out of the sand box for defying the bar thread rule (I posed the rofl smiley) represent less than one quarter of 1% in daily posts.

They don't care if we're there or not :yesnod:

I really don’t know if your figure is accurate but I suspect it is pretty close. How many people actually got banned? A dozen? Out of how many that post there?

Look at the Corvette Forum main page. Check out the posts/views counts on some of the other sub forums (like C5 Gen or PR&C).

The total number of posts “lost” due to this round of banning has got to be a minuscule percentage.

Raazor 12-28-2019 4:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1703915)
I really don’t know if your figure is accurate but I suspect it is pretty close. How many people actually got banned? A dozen? Out of how many that post there?

Look at the Corvette Forum main page. Check out the posts/views counts on some of the other sub forums (like C5 Gen or PR&C).

The total number of posts “lost” due to this round of banning has got to be a minuscule percentage.

:yesnod:

dvarapala 12-28-2019 4:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1703915)

Sometimes our "big splash" is just ripples in the pool. :D