The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Any must see’s in NYC??? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126020)

Vandelay Industries 06-14-2021 10:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Red L98. (Post 1888497)
Here’s another link. One “$” worth of swank. Unless you’re homeless and penniless, you can likely partake. Spiderman used to work there. :yesnod:

https://www.theinfatuation.com/new-y...ews/joes-pizza

I could eat there. :drool:

:cert:

Little Red L98. 06-14-2021 10:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vandelay Industries (Post 1888525)
I could eat there. :drool:

:cert:

:seasix:

Old Ben 06-14-2021 10:34am

You need to see the NYC skyline in your rear view mirror.

6spdC6 06-14-2021 10:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Ben (Post 1888530)
You need to see the NYC skyline in your rear view mirror.

For sure I live in upstate NY and when I drive South I do my best to avoid NYC (AKA the Big Turd) and all of New Jersey. I will take I 81 south, a bit longer but a much better area/ride!

Little Red L98. 06-14-2021 11:21am

NYC is a fine city unless you are weak or skeerd.

Mick 06-14-2021 12:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1888513)
This:

Is this still open?

It's been 7-8 years since I have been there, at at that time, I don't think there was any access to the hospital ward.

Hardluck 06-14-2021 12:46pm

FNYC! Would not go there again for ANY reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrvette 06-14-2021 1:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardluck (Post 1888557)
FNYC! Would not go there again for ANY reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last time there was early/mid 80's.....to the Fed Reserve and the money room, as in REAL $$$$$ not that paper crap......security work, the cab driver from the airport to the joint was funny as hell, we spent that hour trip in laughter.....:dance::rofl:

Strats-N-Vettes 06-14-2021 1:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1888550)
It's been 7-8 years since I have been there, at at that time, I don't think there was any access to the hospital ward.

I was more asking about the whole immigrant inductee area.
It's all probably closed.
Seen an interesting docu. about it is where I heard about the tours inside. :island14:

Jeff '79 06-14-2021 2:37pm

Have you ever been to NYC ?

Strats-N-Vettes 06-14-2021 3:45pm

I haven’t...the history of nyc is cool afaic.

gs568 06-14-2021 3:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1888579)
I haven’t...the history of nyc is cool afaic.

Been there many years ago. Always wanted to go back and explore. I’m well aware that Deblasio has made a shithole like the politicians in S.F. Will still be fun to see the sights.

C3C7NIC 06-14-2021 4:14pm

The homeless shitting on the sidewalks, oh, wait, that’s the West Coast….

Central Park is pretty amazing and Ferry to Staton Island is worth the time.

Any of the shows opened up on Broadway yet?

SnikPlosskin 06-14-2021 4:17pm

There is an alley on 46th and 27th where you can get your dick sucked. Just bring some extra cash because at ten bucks each, that shit adds up. Tip an extra fiver and she won’t stab you.

Jeff '79 06-14-2021 4:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by gs568 (Post 1888582)
Been there many years ago. Always wanted to go back and explore. I’m well aware that Deblasio has made a shithole like the politicians in S.F. Will still be fun to see the sights.

It's safe there. The BS is rampant because of the lib hate.
Don't believe what you hear on forums because according to my wife, it's all good.
Wear sneakers. :Jeff '79:

Craig 06-14-2021 4:46pm

We were there in '08-ish. Our daughter played Carnegie with the Atlanta Youth Wind Ensemble. We stayed in a boutique hotel next to Times Square. It was weird, we got there on a Thursday and it was wall to wall people. By Friday afternoon through Sunday it was like a ghost town.

We were across the street from Radio City Music Hall at 1am on a Saturday night and felt completely safe; I don't think we were ever out of line of site of a cop where ever we walked.

We bled $20 bills the whole time...be prepared to feel over charged for everything.

We'd like to go back at some point, but not for a while; things need to get better back to normal.

Little Red L98. 06-14-2021 5:08pm

Here is a tip: Do a walking tour with this company. Do NOT get on a double-decker bus for god’s sake. :rolleyes:

https://realnewyorktours.com/

See if you can get tour guide David. He was great and knows his shit. Tried to “stump the chump”. Couldn’t. He took us on a 3 hour tour through lower Manhattan, Greenwich Village, Washington Square Park, Chinatown, Little Italy, the Bowery, financial district, etc. and the requisite subway ride. Small group, 9 total because people are fat/lazy and don’t want to walk.

We all met at this joint around 7 or 8 am on a Saturday. Big Gay Ice Cream is right around the corner. You’ll feel right at home. :D :lol:

https://forgotten-ny.com/2021/02/vil...nwich-village/

Do it.

ZipZap 06-14-2021 6:06pm

If you're on the lower west side where the Intrepid is, stop by Chelsea Market for some good food and take a walk on the High Line.

Also, go to a deli. Our favorite is 2nd Ave Deli. On 33rd between Lex and 3rd, midtown.

FWIW, I've never felt unsafe in NYC. That includes traveling to the Bronx at night to see the arboretum...

The aquarium at Coney Island is outstanding:seasix:

Little Red L98. 06-14-2021 6:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1888610)
If you're on the lower west side where the Intrepid is, stop by Chelsea Market for some good food and take a walk on the High Line.

Also, go to a deli. Our favorite is 2nd Ave Deli. On 33rd between Lex and 3rd, midtown.

FWIW, I've never felt unsafe in NYC. That includes traveling to the Bronx at night to see the arboretum...

The aquarium at Coney Island is outstanding:seasix:

You must not be weak or skeerd.

I strolled around Hell’s Kitchen, Intrepid, 42d St, Times Square, Grand Central til about 3 am one night. Alone. No hay problema.

Strats-N-Vettes 06-14-2021 6:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Red L98. (Post 1888611)
You must not be weak or skeerd.

I strolled around Hell’s Kitchen, Intrepid, 42d St, Times Square, Grand Central til about 3 am one night. Alone. No hay problema.

Your lil midget ass is same size as trash cans...nobody saw you is why. :spdchk: