The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Veterans Day Weekend - Boycott NFL (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112225)

Jeff '79 09-29-2017 5:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milton Fox (Post 1589131)
:island14: I'm pretty sure we are on the same side.

We are....
Ya, I stand for the national anthem and think that it is disrespectful for those idiots who don't.
That being said.... Why people make such a stink over what is happening in the NFL is beyond me.
Let them do it and let the cards fall where they will.
Boycott that day of NFL football??? Ya right... If you're a fan, it just ain't happening, and if you're not and you're saying that you will? WGAFF about them?
Advertisers??? LOL!!!
Money talks and Bullsh!t walks....
At this point it's not about disrespecting the country. It's just the new forum du jour to get a peaceful protest off. It's a fad that will go by the wayside with the quickness.

Bill 09-29-2017 6:20pm

Kaepernick Gives Money To Cop Killer Fund | The Daily Caller

The "hero" who started it all donates money to a charity honoring a cop killer.

Quote:

Colin Kaepernick donated $25,000 to a foundation honoring a convicted cop killer.

The former San Francisco 49ers quarterback donated the money to the foundation Assata’s Daughter’s, according to The Daily Mail.

They reported in part:

Colin Kaepernick’s $25,000 donation to a charitable group honoring a convicted cop killer has been revealed.

Kaepernick’s foundation made the donation to Chicago-based Assata’s Daughter’s, named after former Black Liberation Army member Assata Shakur, in April as part of a $1million charitable pledge.

Shakur was convicted of first-degree murder in the 1973 shooting death of New Jersey state trooper Werner Foerster and sentenced to life in prison, but staged a daring jailbreak and now lives as a fugitive in Cuba.

There is next to no chance an NFL team will ever sign Kaepernick after this revelation. He was already radioactive among the fanbase because of his national anthem protests, and donating to the foundation that honors a convicted cop killer is not going to help his reputation.

This will likely be the final nail to close Kaepernick’s hopes of returning to the NFL.

wwomanC6 09-29-2017 6:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1589128)
You prolly said the same ting when Nixon and Johnson were at the helm.
GMAFB... :spdchk: (Ya right)....
Turn your negative energy into positive energy and go help the Ricans or something that is really important.

I don't see you jumping on a plane headed for Rica to help out! Instead your punching keys on a keyboard as well! Voicing your negative opinion as well.

Look EVERYONE
We all have freedom of speech. We have the right to protest at an NFL game.
We also have the right to not watch NFL games where people are protesting.

And once again I have a move a thread to P&R because of peeps being negative to each other! And that pisses me off!:ironchef:

Jeff '79 09-29-2017 8:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwomanC6 (Post 1589147)
I don't see you jumping on a plane headed for Rica to help out! Instead your punching keys on a keyboard as well! Voicing your negative opinion as well.

Look EVERYONE

And once again I have a move a thread to P&R because of peeps being negative to each other! And that pisses me off!:ironchef:

I guess you forgot to move a few then, because this ain't the only one.
So much for free speech ! :funnier:

Bill 09-29-2017 8:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1589168)
I guess you forgot to move a few then, because this ain't the only one.
So much for free speech ! :funnier:

This is why we can't have nice things!

:dance:

Jeff '79 09-30-2017 6:37am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TxAg (Post 1589198)
We can still speak.

We're just in the dungeon below the cellar now. :funny:

Tru dat ! :Jeff '79:

Attachment 13609

I commend the move though. :cert:

wwomanC6 09-30-2017 7:27am

Roger that! From now on I will NOT move threads.

I will hand out free Barn VACATIONS for anyone that feels the need to be verbally abusive or to others or bullies anyone.

Bill 09-30-2017 8:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1589211)
Tru dat ! :Jeff '79:

Attachment 13609

I commend the move though. :cert:

Reality Woofer.

Jeff '79 09-30-2017 6:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwomanC6 (Post 1589147)

Look EVERYONE

What negative opinion would that be ?
I fail to see why you just singled me out here. Unjustly so, I might add.

wwomanC6 10-01-2017 11:08am

I haven't singled you out. Your not the only one that likes to talk down to others. I've made that clear in another thread.

Jeff '79 10-01-2017 11:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwomanC6 (Post 1589458)
I haven't singled you out. Your not the only one that likes to talk down to others. I've made that clear in another thread.

Ok, but where am I talking down to others? I'm not swearing or taking open pot shots at people.
Take it PM if you prefer, keep it here if you like. but I just found it odd that you chose my comment to move the thread and make the comment that you did.
No skin off my teeth though.

edit: I thought that I deleted that . You a veddy sneaky squirrell ! :D

VITE1 10-01-2017 11:23am

I'd like to see the NFL's reaction to a few players waving the Confederate battle flag.

Watch how fast they stop them.

Jeff '79 10-01-2017 11:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1589461)
I'd like to see the NFL's reaction to a few players waving the Confederate battle flag.

Watch how fast they stop them.

Great point :yesnod:

VITE1 10-01-2017 11:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1589462)
Great point :yesnod:

I was always told, rightfully, don't bring your religion or poltiics into the office.

When you do you alienate co workers and customers. And you will get fired for that.

Unless you are NFL player.

Jeff '79 10-01-2017 12:17pm

:Jeff '79: That'd be great... :yesnod: