The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The Everything Tesla/EV Argument Thread (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135665)

DDSLT5 05-16-2024 1:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 (Post 2262126)
There are plenty of food choices at different chargers. SURE, I have already said before that your choices are more limited with EV vs. gas. That's something I can easily live with. I'm not a difficult eater. I find something I like pretty easily. As I said before, I can look up the food options at different chargers and choose the charger with the best food options. I can do that WHILE DRIVING, so I don't need to spend extra planning time. Once my charge drops to a level where I will need to charge soon, I just tap on the charger icon and it shows me all chargers nearby and when I tap on the chargers, I can tap on the food icon in the charger details and it will show all food options at that location. No long planning needed. Just a few taps on the screen and after checking with the family, we choose the charger we want to charge based on the food options we like. Yes, as I said, food options are much less than with a gas car. No doubt. I don't see that as a major issue as I'm not a difficult eater.

My car will not dictate where I eat. That's essentially what is happening. You car needs to eat (charge), and you are forced to eat something to kill the time.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, laptop battery EVs are junk and will only be remembered as a failed experiment in 15 years.

RedLS1GTO 05-16-2024 1:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 2262385)
I believe everything in this post, but what you fail to realize is that it is YOU who has the unusual travel style, not the rest of the road tripping population.

That is my entire argument.

RedLS1GTO 05-16-2024 1:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 2262172)
This gave me a good laugh, thanks. :cert:

We go to the NASCAR race in Bristol, TN every year. It's ~8 hours of driving. We don't plan ANYTHING. As an example, last year we were in the middle of TN on I-26 and saw a sign advertising a local BBQ place in a small town several miles off the interstate at the next exit. We decided to try it and it was excellent. No planning. No clicking on a screen. I seriously doubt there were any chargers near the restaurant as it was a very tiny town. I don't remember if we filled up while there or not since we don't plan gas stops either. Our only rule for meals on a road trip is no fast food, no chain restaurants and no gas station food. YMMV.

100%

And this is the best part of road trips. Admittedly I do less of it when I'm with the whole family, but many of my trips are just myself and a friend heading to race tracks around the country.

0 planning. Because we don't have to, nor do we want to. Usually it's in the truck which goes almost 600 miles on a tank. Fuel doesn't dictate stops. It happens all the time that we will decide to pick some local place to eat, like you, usually BBQ or something similar. The decision making process is about 10 seconds. "Hey, want to try it?" "Sure." Done.

I can't even begin to imagine being the type of person that would sit on my phone scouring the internet to look at reviews before going in. :rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 (Post 2262194)
If I'm going to a Restaurant or chain that I don't know, I always do my research. I check reviews as I don't want to end up at a place that sucks.
Most restaurants along the highway are usually major chains and you know what you get without doing any research.

You don't want to potentially end up at a place "that sucks"... so you go to McDonalds, Taco Bell, and gas stations and remove all doubt. :rofl:

GTOguy 05-16-2024 1:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO (Post 2262428)
100%

And this is the best part of road trips. Admittedly I do less of it when I'm with the whole family, but many of my trips are just myself and a friend heading to race tracks around the country.

0 planning. Because we don't have to, nor do we want to. Usually it's in the truck which goes almost 600 miles on a tank. Fuel doesn't dictate stops. It happens all the time that we will decide to pick some local place to eat, like you, usually BBQ or something similar. The decision making process is about 10 seconds. "Hey, want to try it?" "Sure." Done.

I can't even begin to imagine being the type of person that would sit on my phone scouring the internet to look at reviews before going in. :rofl:

You don't want to potentially end up at a place "that sucks"... so you go to McDonalds, Taco Bell, and gas stations and remove all doubt. :rofl:

This is how I travel as well. Have found some of the absolute best local places while road tripping totally on a whim. A computer was never involved. Ever.
**** eating at fast food chains.

GrandSportC3 05-16-2024 4:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO (Post 2262428)
100%

Everyone has different taste. McDonalds Bacon Egg and cheese sandwiches are great as are their hash browns. Wawa has the best coffee and their breakfast sizzlies are great too as are their burgers, paninis and hoagies. I eat at Wawa every morning and I'm not charging when eating there.
I eat there because I enjoy their food.

LATB 05-16-2024 4:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 (Post 2262544)
Everyone has different taste. McDonalds Bacon Egg and cheese sandwiches are great as are their hash browns. Wawa has the best coffee and their breakfast sizzlies are great too as are their burgers, paninis and hoagies. I eat at Wawa every morning and I'm not charging when eating there.

Dude, your eating habits are going to kill you.

RedLS1GTO 05-16-2024 4:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 (Post 2262544)

What in the hell are you even trying to argue at this point?

Steve_R 05-16-2024 4:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO (Post 2262549)
What in the hell are you even trying to argue at this point?

McDonald’s, WaWa and 12 diet sodas every day is eating healthy. :yesnod:

Mick 05-16-2024 5:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 2262581)
McDonald’s, WaWa and 20 diet sodas every day is eating healthy. :yesnod:

Fixt.

GrandSportC3 05-16-2024 5:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LATB (Post 2262547)
Dude, your eating habits are going to kill you.

I eat at asian restaurants just as often as fast food joints. Key is a balanced diet of a little of everything.

LATB 05-16-2024 5:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 (Post 2262586)
I eat at asian restaurants just as often as fast food joints. Key is a balanced diet of a little of everything.

Not if the everything includes a daily stop at McDonald’s.

dvarapala 05-16-2024 6:29pm

Quote:

Don't forget the ghost peppers. :D

GrandSportC3 05-17-2024 6:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LATB (Post 2262588)
Not if the everything includes a daily stop at McDonald’s.

I don't have McDonalds every day.. Maybe once a month or so.. I have WAWA every day. I love my Bacon Egg and Cheese Croissant or Bagel. That's just breakfast. Lunch is usually something much more healthy but for breakfast, I need my bacon. My cholesterol/Triglyceride numbers are fantastic, so, bacon doesn't seem to cause me any issues.. I just love bacon..

GrandSportC3 05-17-2024 6:20am

Quote:

Diet sodas are 99.9% WATER. After about 40 years drinking a huge amount of diet sodas, I would already be dead if they were really that bad for me. My health is pretty good for 53 years old.. Down to 221 lbs (I was 246lbs 2 years ago) and all my numbers are improving and close to normal.

MadInNc 05-21-2024 5:54pm

1 Attachment(s)
Cybertruck’s can’t stand water

Vandelay Industries 05-23-2024 8:55am

Silent but Deadly: Study Shows EVs ‘Hit Pedestrians at Twice the Rate of Petrol or Diesel Vehicles’

dvarapala 05-23-2024 12:49pm

I guess EV makers need to turn up the volume on their spaceship sounds. :lol:

dvarapala 06-11-2024 9:45am

RedLS1GTO 06-11-2024 9:57am

^^ Absolute bullshit.

Let EVs make it on their own or fail (we know which would actually happen).

THIS is the problem. The .gov absolutely manipulating the market with their $7,500 handout is already garbage. Anybody who thinks it's not a larger agenda is an absolute f**king moron.

Hey GSC3... Mr. "libertarian"... do you really not have a problem with this?

GrandSportC3 06-12-2024 6:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO (Post 2276364)
^^ Absolute bullshit.

Let EVs make it on their own or fail (we know which would actually happen).

THIS is the problem. The .gov absolutely manipulating the market with their $7,500 handout is already garbage. Anybody who thinks it's not a larger agenda is an absolute f**king moron.

Hey GSC3... Mr. "libertarian"... do you really not have a problem with this?

I don't think that government should get involved. My answer to the question starting with "Should government....." is always "NO".

I don't think that we should have an EV tax credit but I'm not stupid and would of course take advantage of it. Only 1 of 4 EV's that we own/have owned got the tax credit.
Furthermore, government shouldn't even tax productivity. There should be no imcome tax and that would render ALL types of tax credit moot.