The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Big winter storm coming, are you ready ??? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61126)

...Whitepower... 01-07-2014 12:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1101483)
You're taking a sick day because of the weather? Poosy.

I did that a few times when i was up in NY for the really bad storms. My employer didn't own my car and wasn't paying my insurance premium if and when i wrecked due to really bad weather. F that..

I didn't sugar coat it either. I told my bosses straight up. If the weather is as shitty as it was expected to be, i'm taking a personal day. Deal with it.. Some would try and guilt me into coming in but at times when i was commuting 50+ miles each way i refused to it.

Meanwhile the ones who tried to give me shit lived in town.. :spdchk:

Jeff '79 01-07-2014 12:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1101483)
You're taking a sick day because of the weather? Poosy.

Click the I-90 West tab and check out the last traffic cam pic of the I-90 - 400 Expressway interchange.
I would have to take it to get to work. There isn't even a tire track to follow.
I don't underestimate mother nature.

Wgrz.com | Buffalo, NY | Traffic

Oh btw... The road following the bottom of the frame is the I-90, and the road coming from the top of the pic is the 400 ramp to the I-90, (NYS Thruway, which is closed at the moment)...

snide 01-07-2014 12:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1101508)
Click the I-90 West tab and check out the last traffic cam pic of the I-90 - 400 Expressway interchange.
I would have to take it to get to work. There isn't even a tire track to follow.
I don't underestimate mother nature.

Wgrz.com | Buffalo, NY | Traffic

Oh btw... The road following the bottom of the frame is the I-90, and the road coming from the top of the pic is the 400 ramp to the I-90, (NYS Thruway, which is closed at the moment)...

Yep, the roads look shitty up there. You did the right thing. Poosy. :D

:cheers:

Jeff '79 01-07-2014 1:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1101511)
Yep, the roads look shitty up there. You did the right thing. Poosy. :D

:cheers:

Ya, I know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.
Yesterday I cut it close, but today? NFW.
I'm sure that you know the drill...:cert:

snide 01-07-2014 1:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1101514)
Ya, I know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.
Yesterday I cut it close, but today? NFW.
I'm sure that you know the drill...:cert:

Sunshine is nice and bright here in Cow Hampshire. Cold as fu(k though.

island14 01-07-2014 9:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1101489)
The entire county is in a state of emergency and all towns between me and work have imposed driving bans. With the wind chill at -35° and me being under the weather..... MEOW! :D
Oh, and the NYS Thruway is closed from the Pa. line to Rochester.

The only time our roads were closed here was because they were covered with trees. :lol:

Some of you guys need to get your snow shoes out and walk to the nearest airport and come on over till its over. :datawiz:

:cert: