Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn - A Community for Corvette Lovers  

Go Back   The Vette Barn - A Community for Corvette Lovers > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2017, 01:11pm   #1 (permalink)
Latin American Goat Roper
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 5,310 Times in 3,021 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1111627
Default Cable modems/streaming etc.....

I have commie cast with their internet and TV for two sets, the back room is just on a little roku size box, and takes their signal that has been split off their round cable behind the living room crap, and so to use their box in back that is hardwired to the cable and the set on HDMI.....

I have a DVR up front that is same as that little box on TV watching function....ten bux/month rental......the bill don't mention any rentals for either the internet modem OR the one in back which is just for TV....

the internet box is hardwired ethernet to MY computer, and wifi for everything else, wife prints through wifi as her lap top is in the kitchen, printer in back room....she is on wifi to the comcast modem in living room and slo as hell.....

I am NOT PAYING a damn fortune in rate increases, coming up next month...so my questions are.....

I spot cable modems everywhere, from 60 bux up to 600 bux.....I ASSume they all take the standard round cable input, and then have ethernet and wifi for their comm with the rest of the household..NO?? so what are the differences for 10x the price in general.....??

wife's laptop has no ethernet connection.....I live in a 1/4 acre burb, and so wifi is really thick with traffic, and 802.11 is hard put to keep up with the traffic, which is my surmise for it being slow....much less with TWO TV's on firestick plus wife's laptop, which I THINK has to go through the router/modem to get the PRINTER to work??.....

just for grins, I plugged comcast cable directly into the back room TV, and got nothing on a channel scan....

SO WTF is the cheapest solution going???

buy my own modem?? but can it handle wifi with two TV and a a computer/printer all at once??

shit's getting stupid already, sorry for the troubles, but I can't keep up.....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:43am   #2 (permalink)
A Real Barner
Activity: 94.1%

Thanked 1,113 Times in 675 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $100022147

04 commemorative is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn - A Community for Corvette Lovers > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic