PDA

View Full Version : "I know... we'll remake THE EXORCIST!!"

ApexOversteer
11-14-2009, 4:48pm
In 1971 William Peter Blatty published the novel titled The Exorcist. In 1972, in a rare bout of intelligent thinking, Warner Brothers tapped Blatty to pen the screenplay for what became the scariest movie of the 20th century, directed by William Friedkin.

Now, in the remake crazed 21st century, the inevitable remake of The Exorcist is upon us. Blatty has authored a teleplay version of The Exorcist, to be directed by... William Friedkin.

You know what is really cool? Max Von Sydow is still alive... and still acting...

YELLOHH
11-14-2009, 5:10pm
You know what is really cool? Max Von Sydow is still alive... and still acting...

Yes, but everything he's done since Flash Gordon has been a disapointment.

ApexOversteer
11-14-2009, 5:27pm
Yes, but everything he's done since Flash Gordon has been a disapointment.

You were disappointed by Minority Report?

Neutron
11-14-2009, 5:30pm
I liked teh Minority Report... :shrug:

Munch
11-14-2009, 5:53pm
Obviously somebody didn't see Rush Hour III.

ApexOversteer
11-14-2009, 5:55pm
Obviously somebody didn't see Rush Hour III.

I really don't think Max Von Sydow is why Rush Hour 3 sucks... :lol:

BuckyThreadkiller
11-14-2009, 6:19pm
Who's playing Linda Blair's character? Her granddaughter?

Gina
11-14-2009, 6:34pm
What are they going to do after they remake every successful movie made?

Remake the remakes?:willy::lolsmile:

ApexOversteer
11-14-2009, 6:39pm
What are they going to do after they remake every successful movie made?

Remake the remakes?:willy::lolsmile:

The 1939 film The Wizard Of Oz, believed by many to be one of the greatest movies ever made, isn't the first film adaptation of Baum's novel that was made... or the second... or the third...

... and any literary professor will tell you that the measure of a story is how often it is retold...

:D

Gina
11-14-2009, 6:48pm
The 1939 film The Wizard Of Oz, believed by many to be one of the greatest movies ever made, isn't the first film adaptation of Baum's novel that was made... or the second... or the third...

... and any literary professor will tell you that the measure of a story is how often it is retold...

:D

Logic, facts, reason??? Why bring those things into my rant?:kick::leaving::lolsmile::lolsmile::lolsmile:

Has Gone With The Wind ever been remade? You just made me wonder that.

ApexOversteer
11-14-2009, 7:01pm
Logic, facts, reason??? Why bring those things into my rant?:kick::leaving::lolsmile::lolsmile::lolsmile:

Has Gone With The Wind ever been remade? You just made me wonder that.

Gone With The Wind has not been remade, but there may be a sequel at some point, based on Alex Ripley's 1991 novel Scarlett

EDIT: I just rememebered... Gone With The Wind film rights are owned by MGM, who have never allowed a remake to be mounted. Unfortunately MGM is treading the bankruptcy waters, surrounded by sharks waiting for the asset auctions to begin. This will potentially open the door for a remake.

An interesting Gone With The Wind trivia tidbit...

The "burning of Atlanta" is actually the "native village" and "jungle wall" set from 1933's King Kong being burned.