PDA

View Full Version : Calif. Gas Prices Now Highest In Nation

Wathen1955
03-06-2011, 3:18pm
Calif. Gas Prices Now Highest In Nation « CBS Los Angeles (http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/03/06/calif-gas-prices-now-highest-in-nation/)

LOS ANGELES (CBS2/KNX1070) — California has taken over top spot in a race we’d rather not win.

The Golden State is now the nation’s leader when it comes to highest gas prices — surpassing Hawaii and Alaska, where gas prices are almost always the highest in the country.

KNX 1070′s Chris Sedens reports that the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded is now $3.85. Experts blame the increased price of oil and the rigors of making California’s clean-burning gasoline.

The pain at the pump is pushing up prices on food and other items as well. Wholesalers tack on delivery fees coupled with high fuel costs.

The last time California’s prices were higher than Hawaii and Alaska on a regular basis was in 2008 when the price spiked at $4.61 a gallon.

I fill up my vette with premium and its already over $4 gal. What are you guys paying around your area of the country?

mike100
03-06-2011, 8:28pm
Calif. Gas Prices Now Highest In Nation « CBS Los Angeles (http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/03/06/calif-gas-prices-now-highest-in-nation/)

I fill up my vette with premium and its already over $4 gal. What are you guys paying around your area of the country?

I could tell you, but by the time I hit the 'post reply' button, it will be higher.

anyhow, I had to drop like $59 to fill up my TDi VW (diesel-$4.19). When I first got that thing last year, it only took $38-$40 to fill up. I topped off the C6 a few days ago, but I don't really drive it too much- maybe once a week and that's only because the C4 is down.

Blue 92
03-06-2011, 8:37pm
Paid $3.40 for regular today for the DD. The good stuff was $3.60. :shots: :shots: :shots:

C4fan
03-06-2011, 10:08pm
$3.38 for regular yesterday. I will say that I work in the oil & gas industry and my companies stock tends goes up and down with the price of gas. It's bad for the nation but good for my 401K.:hide:

PLRX
03-06-2011, 11:17pm
I got to tell you that the story is true. I only use Chevron, Mobil or Exxon. I dont care if Gas plus or Valero gas is 20 cents cheaper. I can not afford a ping at high RPMS. I guess if you cruise at 2,000 RPMS it would be ok.

Yesterday, I drove to Nevada and Arizona and the Chevron in Laughlin, NV was $3.69 for regular. It was even cheaper in AZ. I dont know the price of gas today. I know I made it home about an hour ago, the gauge is marking empty but I know I have 4 gallons left. I got to adjust the floating device.

This damn state, I should consider moving to NV, AZ or Texas. I saw a C4 in NV with the Doug Rippie stroker engine and long tubes. He has no issues with LTs there.

socalman
03-07-2011, 12:42am
I got to tell you that the story is true. I only use Chevron, Mobil or Exxon. I dont care if Gas plus or Valero gas is 20 cents cheaper. I can not afford a ping at high RPMS. I guess if you cruise at 2,000 RPMS it would be ok.

Yesterday, I drove to Nevada and Arizona and the Chevron in Laughlin, NV was $3.69 for regular. It was even cheaper in AZ. I dont know the price of gas today. I know I made it home about an hour ago, the gauge is marking empty but I know I have 4 gallons left. I got to adjust the floating device.

This damn state, I should consider moving to NV, AZ or Texas. I saw a C4 in NV with the Doug Rippie stroker engine and long tubes. He has no issues with LTs there.

7 years ago we drove to Arkansas. At the time I think gas was around $1.90 here. It went down 10c per state- to a low of $1.3x in Arky.

California has a 37.5c a gallon tax, plus sales tax (.32 if gas is 3.50 gallon) so we're going to be higher than most states...always.

oh, and that Chevron is always higher than most stations. We always crossed over to Bullhead to gas up the boat/truck for the drive home.

WW7
03-07-2011, 7:06am
Yesterday, Regular was $3.49 and 92 Premiem was $ 3.72...WW

Sweet 90
03-07-2011, 11:11am
$1.23/L here yesterday for Premium. That's touching the $5.00/G mark. Ridiculous, and not a good time with a fragile economy. :confused5:

NEVRL8T
03-07-2011, 12:27pm
$3.38 for regular yesterday. I will say that I work in the oil & gas industry and my companies stock tends goes up and down with the price of gas. It's bad for the nation but good for my 401K.:hide:

But, you are losing a piece of that 401K on the offset that everything else you are buying now is incresing in price due to the petroleum market. So, are you really making that nice return or your 401K as you thought you were?

NEVRL8T
03-07-2011, 12:29pm
7 years ago we drove to Arkansas. At the time I think gas was around $1.90 here. It went down 10c per state- to a low of $1.3x in Arky.

California has a 37.5c a gallon tax, plus sales tax (.32 if gas is 3.50 gallon) so we're going to be higher than most states...always.

oh, and that Chevron is always higher than most stations. We always crossed over to Bullhead to gas up the boat/truck for the drive home.

And just for an FYI: It's $3.34 here in Little Rock.

PLRX
03-07-2011, 2:21pm
Just drove by the gas station 1/2 mile from my house and premium is at $4.08 today.

RetiredSFC 97
03-07-2011, 2:50pm
reg is 3.27, 91 octane is about 3.57 or so. there's one company that tries to fix prices here so it will fluctuate almost daily, even when things are stable.

Vette Jockey
03-07-2011, 3:16pm
I went down to Costco Thursday and regular was $3.71. I went to a Knife Show in Pasadena Saturday and regular was $4.09 there.:ack:

I was glad I bought that Honda Fit Sport a while back during the last oil crisis :D

PLRX
03-07-2011, 4:29pm
I went down to Costco Thursday and regular was $3.71. I went to a Knife Show in Pasadena Saturday and regular was $4.09 there.:ack:

I was glad I bought that Honda Fit Sport a while back during the last oil crisis :D

Larry, what MPG you get with the Fit?

Vette Jockey
03-07-2011, 5:42pm
Larry, what MPG you get with the Fit?

I get about 24 in town and about 36 on the highway. But, since it has a sport mode, Steering Wheel-Mounted Paddle Shifters, Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control, I probably would get better gas mileage if I slowed down. :rofl:

PLRX
03-07-2011, 6:49pm
I get about 24 in town and about 36 on the highway. But, since it has a sport mode, Steering Wheel-Mounted Paddle Shifters, Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control, I probably would get better gas mileage if I slowed down. :rofl:

I may look at it. My DD is about to blow up. With 197,000 harsh miles it is past his life expectation. I'm waiting for the new Focus to come out.

Did I tell you guys that I had my DD airborne once, crossed a flooded creek, 9 accidents (1 my fault), used to go off roading with it, it killed a goat, various rabbits and squirrels.

WW7
03-07-2011, 8:10pm
Did I tell you guys that I had my DD airborne once, crossed a flooded creek, 9 accidents (1 my fault), used to go off roading with it, it killed a goat, various rabbits and squirrels.

PETA will not be happy to hear this, expect a phone call about the animals deaths....:beat:..WW

mike100
03-07-2011, 8:20pm
I was going to pay off the loan on this car, but I bought my ZR-1 instead. I spend about $220 less a month in fuel/gas than I did with my 95 LT1 though.

my 2010 gas mileage for nearly 6000 miles averaged was 39.95 combined daily driven mpg's. Lately I've been getting 37 combined, but with the fuel price over $4, I've been squeezing 42 with it. My best was on a trip to PHX of which I got 47.5 mpg. it gets 43 mpg on the hwy if you do 80.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/mschrameck/Cars/tdi3_sm.jpg

Sweet 90
03-07-2011, 8:21pm
PETA will not be happy to hear this, expect a phone call about the animals deaths....:beat:..WW

My BIL kicked the ever loving snot out of a PETA POS clown years ago, when one of them tried to spray paint his wife's fur coat. It was a beautiful sight:hurray:

PLRX
03-07-2011, 9:14pm

They should had used the pedestrian crossing :rofl:

j-vette
03-10-2011, 11:16am
My BIL kicked the ever loving snot out of a PETA POS clown years ago, when one of them tried to spray paint his wife's fur coat. It was a beautiful sight:hurray:

http://www.queensjournal.ca/media/stories/v137/i29/v137i29ed01.jpg
PETA is b.s.

Kimmer
03-10-2011, 3:18pm

I totally ****ing agree, when my wife retires I'm outta here, NV looks good to me somewhere around Minden, close to Tahoe. I just have to talk her into it.

Wathen1955
03-10-2011, 9:09pm
I totally ****ing agree, when my wife retires I'm outta here, NV looks good to me somewhere around Minden, close to Tahoe. I just have to talk her into it.Funny you should mention Minden. We were there close to Tahoe during turkey week last year as a possible place to retire also, but we never got a chance to explore the area because we were snowed in at 7,000 feet level and suck in our cabin.

C4Fanatic
03-16-2011, 5:29pm
$90 to fill my Grand Cherokee in Yorba Linda last night!!!

NEVRL8T
03-16-2011, 6:55pm
Funny you should mention Minden. We were there close to Tahoe during turkey week last year as a possible place to retire also, but we never got a chance to explore the area because we were snowed in at 7,000 feet level and suck in our cabin.

Can't think of a better way to be snowed in. :dance:

PLRX
03-16-2011, 7:04pm
I totally ****ing agree, when my wife retires I'm outta here, NV looks good to me somewhere around Minden, close to Tahoe. I just have to talk her into it.

Minden, let me look at it on google. Thanks.

Its a fact, everything is cheaper than California.

PLRX
03-16-2011, 7:15pm
480 miles from my house. Sounds like a road/survey trip. :cheers:

The Bunny Ranch is not far from it.

onedef92
04-11-2011, 11:54am
Gas prices approach all-time record high

(NECN) - Oil is once again near a 30-month high. It's slightly down after trading near $113 a barrel overnight in Asia.

Prices are up 33% since mid-February, thanks in large part to violence in the Mideast and North Africa. And, that's pushing up gas prices along with it.

The latest Lundberg Survey says gasoline prices are up 19 cents a gallon over the past three weeks, with a gallon of regular now averaging $3.76.

lefthander
04-11-2011, 12:41pm
Premium was 3.89 yesterday,Sunday, today at the same station it was 4.19.Damn speculators on Wall Street.:beat:

Wathen1955
04-11-2011, 9:02pm
Yeah my local Chevron was $4.19 this morning. Once it hits $4.50, you'll see people selling their trucks and prices will tumble like they did a few years ago. Whats funny is I still see the same amount of cars on the road so I guess it hasn't impacted people's wallets that bad yet.

mike100
04-11-2011, 9:58pm
Yeah my local Chevron was $4.19 this morning. Once it hits $4.50, you'll see people selling their trucks and prices will tumble like they did a few years ago. Whats funny is I still see the same amount of cars on the road so I guess it hasn't impacted people's wallets that bad yet.

The restaurants get hit first- a very busy breakfast joint was really dead last weekend. The mediocre places are gonna fold just like they did in '08. I noticed a little less people on the roads around here.

PLRX
04-11-2011, 10:03pm
I noticed a little less people on the roads around here.

:iagree:

Traffic is way lighter lately. Lately I leave San Diego around 3:30 PM and there is no traffic. Last Thursday I left at 5:00 PM and I expected a nightmare and I drove non-stop to the Hwy 79. Now, that is weird...

Frizlefrak
04-11-2011, 11:47pm

Has anyone tried to spray paint you yet Sweets? I wonder how many cats it would take to make a double breasted trench coat. :rofl:

corvette bill
04-12-2011, 5:33am
:crazy: these gas prices, but everything comes with a price. So for all the nice weather and girls, everybody in Calf. pony up with $4.00+ a gallon.:D