PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Seat owners - Color matching BLACK carpet for the feet of seat brackets.

Toque
03-04-2011, 10:45am
Guys:

Ever since I installed my Corbeau A4's (and Corbeau seat brackets) I have been left with an empty spot around the mounting feet. Its a big bare floor "Silver" spot around all the mounting feet where there is no carpet. I have wanted to find some carpet or something to cover it up. The factory seat brackets have a plastic cover to cover this bare carpet area.

While reading the forums I found a post where he made his own partition and put carpet on it. I asked him if the color was close to factory and he said it was very close in color. He got it at Walmart for $9.

I went to Walmart Wed night and got some of this carpet. Its a little thinner than the factory carpet but the color is surprisingly perfect. I was surprised how close a match it was.

I lifted my seats, then cut 8x square pieces of this carpet (6"x6"), then cut a hole in the middle for the bolt to go thru. I was able to slip this carpet square under the existing carpet easily.

You can now barely see where the factory carpet ends and this carpet starts. :hurray:

Gives it a "finished" look that I wanted. It matches ALOT better than the expensive Lloyd mats I have... seriously !

Walmart Item # 15524364 (under $9).

Hope this helps someone... :)

Toque

http://mysite.verizon.net/res0aae8/temp/carpet.jpg

WKMCD
03-04-2011, 11:20am
Looks good! I had some black carpet that I used on a board to cover the amps behind the bulkhead. I cut a couple small pieces and did the same. The insulation you and I put in really made the hole stand out.

Toque
03-04-2011, 11:31am
Looks good! I had some black carpet that I used on a board to cover the amps behind the bulkhead. I cut a couple small pieces and did the same. The insulation you and I put in really made the hole stand out.

Thanks !

The insulation you and I put in ? What insulation is that ?
Under my carpet is bare balsa wood... :D

I don't need no stinking sound deadening... :rofl:

Toque

Bucwheat
03-04-2011, 11:47am
Pretty cool!

Eagleeye
03-08-2011, 8:57pm
Looking at those seats but I have 39-40 waist...5'11" and 198 lbs. What do you think ? I've been told it might be too snug ?

WKMCD
03-08-2011, 9:28pm
Thanks !

The insulation you and I put in ? What insulation is that ?
Under my carpet is bare balsa wood... :D

I don't need no stinking sound deadening... :rofl:

Toque

Big motors make a lot of heat...:rofl:

Toque
03-09-2011, 12:04am
Looking at those seats but I have 39-40 waist...5'11" and 198 lbs. What do you think ? I've been told it might be too snug ?

I'm 38" waist.... 6ft, and 210lbs.

I sure don't want to gain any weight... :rofl:

I'm snug in them ... but not overly. I just don't want to get any bigger or it might get uncomfortable.

Toque