PDA

View Full Version : Teen Idle: 19-Yr-Old Florida Man, First Time Player Wins, $2M Powerball

onedef92
01-19-2016, 10:02am
19-Yr-Old Florida Man, First Time Player Wins, $2M Powerball

Jan 16, 2016, 10:52 AM ET Lottery officials say a 19-year-old central Florida man and first time lottery player used the numbers off someone else's unpurchased Power ticket to win $2 million.

Frederick Walker said there was already a completed play slip at the Sav-A-Ton in Lake Mary where he purchased his ticket and decided to try his hand using those numbers.

He matched five numbers in Wednesday's drawing to win $1 million, but added an extra feature which doubled his prize to $2 million.

This recent series of Powerball rollovers has generated historically high jackpots, causing a bit of lottery fever across the country.

A small-town Tennessee couple bought one of three magic tickets splitting the world-record $1.6 billion Powerball jackpot. But no one has produced the other winning tickets sold in Florida and California.

Jobaka
01-19-2016, 11:05am
19? How long before he's broke?

onedef92
01-19-2016, 11:25am
19? How long before he's broke?

National average is 72 months. I'd give this guy one year unless he's awful mature and disciplined.

Jobaka
01-19-2016, 11:55am
National average is 72 months. I'd give this guy one year unless he's awful mature and disciplined.

He'd have to be more mature and disciplined than I was at 19. I think I probably would have made poor decisions with a windfall like that. I wish him well.

mrvette
01-19-2016, 12:09pm
Just hope he has some solid parents with GOOD advice......and send him to at least 2 years in a GOOD business college....so he can understand investment lingo/advice......or better yet, maybe just buy an annuity that would pay him X amount/month for life with a 50 year minimum guarantee, left to his family if he say got killed somehow......:seasix::hurray:

Bill
01-19-2016, 3:03pm
I was brought up to live way below my means. In some respects, I still live like a broke college kid. I just can't fathom how people could blow through millions in the span of a few years.

Fasglas
01-20-2016, 7:48am
I was brought up to live way below my means. In some respects, I still live like a broke college kid. I just can't fathom how people could blow through millions in the span of a few years.

He'll have plenty of help from Long Lost relatives, friends, etc., that'll start showing up once the news of his win gets around.

onedef92
01-21-2016, 10:26am
He'll have plenty of help from Long Lost relatives, friends, etc., that'll start showing up once the news of his win gets around.

Not to mention the hussies. That mofo's gonna' get jocked like Desenex!