PDA

View Full Version : El Al is on top of it again...

lspencer534
01-17-2016, 1:26pm
The Israelis are developing an airport security device that eliminates the privacy concerns that come with full-body scanners. It's an armored booth that you step into that will not X-Ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you.

Israel sees this as a win-win situation for everyone, with none of the crap about racial profiling. It will also eliminate the costs of long and expensive trials.

So if you're in the Tel Aviv airport terminal and hear a muffled explosion and shortly thereafter the following announcement: "Attention to all standby passengers, El Al is proud to announce that a seat is available on Flight 670 to London"--you know their security system is working....

DAB
01-17-2016, 1:29pm
i presume it has a trap door and an auto-wash feature, so we can keep the line moving?

NEXT!

Jeff '79
01-17-2016, 1:30pm
The Israelis are developing an airport security device that eliminates the privacy concerns that come with full-body scanners. It's an armored booth that you step into that will not X-Ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you.

Israel sees this as a win-win situation for everyone, with none of the crap about racial profiling. It will also eliminate the costs of long and expensive trials.

So if you're in the Tel Aviv airport terminal and hear a muffled explosion and shortly thereafter the following announcement: "Attention to all standby passengers, El Al is proud to announce that a seat is available on Flight 670 to London"--you know their security system is working....

They've had that for years.....

lspencer534
01-17-2016, 1:44pm
They've had that for years.....

Doesn't matter if I didn't know about it....:leaving:

Chuck A
01-17-2016, 1:47pm
very nice, indeed
now if that was true, it would even be better

Jeff '79
01-17-2016, 1:52pm
very nice, indeed
now if that was true, it would even be better

:Jeff '79: Tru dat !:yesnod:

Iron Chef
01-17-2016, 7:06pm
Considering that only one El Al flight has ever been hijacked (and that happened nearly 50 years ago), I think they're doing OK with the equipment they have in place.

:rofl:

99 pewtercoupe
01-17-2016, 7:12pm
I have never flown EL Al but my parents did one time
They said it was a whole different experience at the airport and a bit of a PITA but they never felt safer flying out of that part of the world

Aerovette
01-17-2016, 7:34pm
Wonder who gets all those shoes and belts left behind?

Bill
01-17-2016, 9:33pm
So I shouldn't ride my hoverboard through the security line then?

lspencer534
01-17-2016, 9:56pm
So I shouldn't ride my hoverboard through the security line then?

You won't make it that far: Hoverboards catch on fire.

Iron Chef
01-17-2016, 10:24pm
I have never flown EL Al but my parents did one time
They said it was a whole different experience at the airport and a bit of a PITA but they never felt safer flying out of that part of the world

Yep. Try telling the Israelis that they are infringing on your civil liberties because you can't bring a water bottle on the plane and see what happens. :rofl:

lspencer534
01-17-2016, 10:26pm
Yep. Try telling the Israelis that they are infringing on your civil liberties because you can't bring a water bottle on the plane and see what happens. :rofl:

Instant explosion?

Iron Chef
01-17-2016, 10:36pm
Instant explosion?

I'd give it maybe ten seconds. :rofl: :D

One would learn very quickly that not every country plays along with the self-absorbed culture that a lot of the US seems to have adopted.