PDA

View Full Version : And they said turkeys couldnt fly...they can on Delta

99 pewtercoupe
01-14-2016, 5:14pm
Flying turkey ruffles feathers about 'emotional support' animals on planes | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2016/01/14/turkey-ruffles-feathers-about-emotional-support-animals-on-flights/)

If you think that air travel has gone to the birds, it has -literally.

We're talkin' turkey, as in that big Thanksgiving bird, one of which recently was spotted aboard a Delta flight acting as a "support animal," and that's causing a flap over how passengers are using, and abusing, comfort animal rules.

So how can a turkey get on a plane? Simple. The passenger provided proper documentation proving the fowl was indeed their emotional support animal, so Delta let the bird on board, and even gave it its own seat.
Reddit user biggestlittlepickle posted the picture, saying that his neighbor, a flight attendant, took this snapshot of the poultry on a plane. unclelimpy, another Reddit user who is friends with the Delta pilot on that flight, followed with another shot of the turkey receiving VIP treatment as it was rolled through the airport on a wheelchair.

Can I bring my therapy cobra on my next flight? :skia:

lspencer534
01-14-2016, 5:19pm
If Tank were alive, think of the fun I could have on a flight!

ApexOversteer
01-14-2016, 5:55pm
"Actually, these are comfort wasps."

DAB
01-14-2016, 6:02pm
Psalm 23:4 - Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

my modern day rod and staff is my pistol with ammo....they comfort me. :thehandle:

it's a religious thing. i don't need a doctor's note, God hath decreed it!

VITE1
01-14-2016, 6:08pm
I'd like to see the airlines start taking copies of these "documents " and do some research. Anyone falsifying them should be banned from air travel.

99 pewtercoupe
01-14-2016, 6:54pm
If Tank were alive, think of the fun I could have on a flight!

(Larry to FA)
Why yes I will have two gin and tonics. One for me and one for my small black therapy companion. She prefers hers shaken not stirred. :shots:

lspencer534
01-14-2016, 6:55pm
Psalm 23:4 - Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

my modern day rod and staff is my pistol with ammo....they comfort me. :thehandle:

it's a religious thing. i don't need a doctor's note, God hath decreed it!

Very similar to my version: Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For I am the meanest SOB in the valley.

wwomanC6
01-15-2016, 5:00am
That's one seat I would not want to sit in afterward! :ack: