PDA

View Full Version : Don't KICK a man when he's down: 1st-Graders tell Vikings Kicker to "Buck up"

onedef92
01-14-2016, 9:43am
1st-Graders to Vikings Kicker: Buck up, It's OK

MINNEAPOLIS — Jan 13, 2016, 11:37 AM ET

After many Minnesota Vikings fans ripped kicker Blair Walsh for missing a 27-yard field goal that could have given the team a win in Sunday's playoff game, some first-graders used it as a lesson in empathy.

Walsh's miss in a 10-9 loss to Seattle drew intense vitriol on social media, with some fans inviting him to leave the state — and worse.

Judie Offerdahl, a teacher at Northpoint Elementary in suburban Blaine, saw a teachable moment for her first-graders, so the students grabbed their magic markers and started drawing and writing.

"Dear Blair Walsh," one wrote. "I know it can be hard to get through things that are sad, but you have to try and try again. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes."

Vikings spokesman Jeff Anderson tells the Star Tribune the team will make sure Walsh gets the letters.

———

Information from: Star Tribune, StarTribune.com: News, weather, sports from Minneapolis, St. Paul and Minnesota (http://www.startribune.com)

Giraffe (He/Him)
01-14-2016, 10:04am
What are these kids, 6?

Shut up and learn to read first before dispensing advice.

Punks.

Jobaka
01-14-2016, 11:20am
:rofl: Thomas is on a roll this morning.

marrepka
01-14-2016, 6:04pm
I just got back from a business trip to the Twin Cities... Peeps up there are pretty tweaked about the whole thing. :rofl:

Giraffe (He/Him)
01-14-2016, 6:14pm
I just got back from a business trip to the Twin Cities... Peeps up there are pretty tweaked about the whole thing. :rofl:

Where were you? Thanks for the call, I like beer as much as the next guy you know.

:issues:

:lol:

Jobaka
01-14-2016, 7:19pm

The folks in Seattle don't seem very upset at all:

kdpPa9DnOu8

Published on Jan 10, 2016

So I was at Book of Mormon at the Paramount Theatre​ for 1:00 Matinee on Sunday January 10, 2016 and at 12:59 they made the usual "Turn off your cell phones" announcement. The entire audience laughed. It was the last minute of the Seattle Seahawks​ game. 30 Seconds later we had won. I recorded the reaction of the entire Paramount Theatre​ audience. Enjoy!

99 pewtercoupe
01-14-2016, 7:28pm
Where were you? Thanks for the call, I like beer as much as the next guy you know.

I will contact you next time I'm there
Was in MSP in October for an industry function but that ended up being an alcohol fueled blur as is
I honestly don't remember how we got back to the Hyatt the second night :shots:

Giraffe (He/Him)
01-14-2016, 7:41pm
I honestly don't remember how we got back to the Hyatt the second night

:lol: Sounds like a proper night :lol:

marrepka
01-14-2016, 8:08pm

Eden Prairie. You close? I'll PM you next time, and double beers on me :cert::datawiz: