PDA

View Full Version : The making of the Galileo..Interesting..

NCC-1701
01-12-2016, 9:04am
Original Star Trek Galileo Spacecraft - Where Is It Today? | Video - YouTube

Star Trek TOS - Restoration of Original Galileo Shuttle - YouTube

Galileo Restored Beauty Shots - YouTube

Iron Chef
01-12-2016, 11:13am
That's pretty cool. Lots of interesting trivia about that, especially that Sam Foose was part of the crew that built it.

It got me thinking though: I've blown some serious money on things in the past. Chunked a lot of money into cars, homes, etc. when I probably should have just stepped back and said "What the hell am I doing here? I'll never see this money again."

That said, even though the restoration likely cost tens of thousands of dollars, it's obvious that this was a labor of love for these folks, and it did restore a bit of history. I guess sometimes you just have to do things that give you pleasure, regardless of cost.

(It's also quite likely that they have more disposable income than I do :leaving: )

onedef92
01-12-2016, 1:04pm
That Phyllis Douglas chick was a cutie, too, back in the day....

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg6/glen87-cards/Non%20Sports%20-%20138%20images/Star%20Trek%20related%20-%2011%20images/douglasphyllisst.jpg

island14
01-12-2016, 1:44pm
That Phyllis Douglas chick was a cutie, too, back in the day....

She reminds me of Shelia.. looks just like her!!! one of the stupidest feckin women I have ever know on the planet in my whole life... :yesnod:

Shes not a friend with me on FB. but is with all of my daughters.. look her up.. Twins! :lol:

:cert: