PDA

View Full Version : 112 call first to see if it works.....??

mrvette
01-11-2016, 11:02am
December 19, 2015 at 1:31am

EVERYBODY SHOULD READ THIS!!!!!!!!!

WARNING: Some knew about the red light on cars, but not Dialing 112.
An UNMARKED police car pulled up behind her and put his lights on. Lauren's parents have always told her to never pull over for an unmarked car on the side of the road, but rather to wait until they get to a gas station, etc.

Lauren had actually listened to her parents advice, and promptly called, 112 on her cell phone to tell the police dispatcher that she would not pull over right away. She proceeded to tell the dispatcher that there was an unmarked police car with a flashing red light on his rooftop behind her. The dispatcher checked to see if there were police cars where she was and there weren't, and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back up already on the way.

Ten minutes later 4 cop cars surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her. One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind. They pulled the guy from the car and tackled him to the ground. The man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes.
I never knew about the 112 Cell Phone feature. I tried it on my AT&T phone & it said, "Dialing Emergency Number."
Especially for a woman alone in a car, you should not pull over for an unmarked car. Apparently police have to respect your right to keep going on to a safe place.

*Speaking to a service representative at Bell Mobility confirmed that 112 was a direct link to State trooper info. So, now it's your turn to let your friends know about "Dialing, 112"

You may want to send this to every Man, Woman & Youngster you know; it may well save a life.

This applies to ALL 50 states
PLEASE PASS ALONG TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY, IT CAN SAVE A LIFE...

Strats-N-Vettes
01-11-2016, 11:25am
(The phone number 112 is used as a global emergency phone number in a number of countries, primarily in the European Union. In some parts of the United States a call to 112 will roll over to the local 911 system, but since 112 is not implemented as a universal emergency number in the U.S., calling 911 directly is the better option.)

snopes story (http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/fakecop.asp)

Mike Mercury
01-11-2016, 11:37am
don't call 112; instead call 113.

the cops still come, but they bring pizza as well.

ZipZap
01-11-2016, 11:41am
...the call is coming from inside the house!...

MrPeabody
01-11-2016, 11:42am
I would just call 911. I have toured the 911 call center in my county and the operators are sitting in front of multiple computer screens, which among other things, show the exact location of every police car on duty. They can quickly verify if the car with the flashing lights behind you is real or not. All 911 calls are recorded and are a matter of public record, so it would be easy to prove you made the call in the event you are cited for failure to pull over.

Uncle Meat
01-11-2016, 11:53am
It's amazing how much total bullshit is blindly forwarded around via email messages... it's scary because most people receive these emails from what they consider to be a totally trusty source so the email is then forwarded on to a host of recipients which then just perpetuates the lie.

U.M.

mrvette
01-11-2016, 1:41pm
It's amazing how much total bullshit is blindly forwarded around via email messages... it's scary because most people receive these emails from what they consider to be a totally trusty source so the email is then forwarded on to a host of recipients which then just perpetuates the lie.

U.M.

THAT is why I ask here, mainly becase Snopes is the only site I know of that supposedly verifies this crap.....

BUT I DONT TRUST SNOPES!!!! that site is run by communists......

:issues:

99 pewtercoupe
01-11-2016, 1:43pm

U.M.

I have an aunt that routinely sends me these type of warnings. I usually reply with a thank you for thinking of me but please see the attached which is usually a link to Snopes or Urban Legends. The last one she sent me had in the body of the warning "this has been verified true by Snopes" Wrongo :lol:

Jobaka
01-11-2016, 1:48pm
THAT is why I ask here, mainly becase Snopes is the only site I know of that supposedly verifies this crap.....

:issues:

:funny: I got that email, too. Turns out that's not true, either.

Uncle Meat
01-11-2016, 2:07pm

:issues:Regardless of what you hear about Snopes it's still a great site for debunking stuff like this. If you have doubts about the motives or political leanings of the Snopes owners/operators then just ignore anything on their site which is political, but continue to use it for stuff like this.

:funny: I got that email, too. Turns out that's not true, either.Yup. Not true, but there are plenty out there who think the Mikkelson's website (Snopes) is all left-wing nonsense. :rolleyes:

U.M.

69camfrk
01-11-2016, 4:46pm
...the call is coming from inside the house!...

You bringin' the pizza?:leaving: