Fasglas
01-10-2016, 6:30am
Not impressed, not at all.

CertInsaneC5
01-10-2016, 7:22am
:iagree: :skia:

Hoog
01-10-2016, 8:41am
Takes balls to cover that song. Good? Yes, I like it.

Better than the original? Not sure that's even possible.

Giraffe (He/Him)
01-10-2016, 8:47am
I think it's pretty good. It's a very different interpretation of the original, and if you're going to even attempt to cover something like make it yours. How many more versions of Sweet Home Chicago and Mustang Sally do we need?

Hoog has a valid point. That song is so well known no matter what someone does with it it's going to subjected to harsh criticism.

Strats-N-Vettes
01-10-2016, 11:01am
Once I got past the 1:00 mark, I thought it was good.

the video?...not so good.

Jeff '79
01-10-2016, 12:38pm
Oddly, like Hurt that Johnny Cash covered, I like it better than the original.

vt1Pwfnh5pc

Ol Timer
01-10-2016, 2:51pm
I was prepared to not like it, but I did. I liked it a lot.

99 pewtercoupe
01-10-2016, 3:21pm
Oddly, like Hurt that Johnny Cash covered, I like it better than the original.

vt1Pwfnh5pc

Can't say I like OPs cover more than the original but JC's cover of Hurt is freaking awesome. Even Trent Resner said he was blown away when he heard it

Jeff '79
01-10-2016, 3:32pm
Can't say I like OPs cover more than the original but JC's cover of Hurt is freaking awesome. Even Trent Resner said he was blown away when he heard it

I didn't like the original version, so I'm biased. I don't hate it, but I just am not a "fan"
This guy really ungheyed it.
That's just one man's opinion.

99 pewtercoupe
01-10-2016, 4:09pm
I didn't like the original version, so I'm biased. I don't hate it, but I just am not a "fan"
This guy really ungheyed it.
That's just one man's opinion.

How much do you think the video JC version has adds to it? I think it is one of the best matches between video and audio in a song I have experienced I am not a huge JC fan but know enough about his life to appreciate the video

Jeff '79
01-10-2016, 4:30pm
How much do you think the video JC version has adds to it? I think it is one of the best matches between video and audio in a song I have experienced I am not a huge JC fan but know enough about his life to appreciate the video

It's just spine chilling.
Just the fact that he did the cover less than a year before he died, knowing the life he lived, and listening to the song's lyrics is the ultimate triple header of WOW. :eek:
It's the complete package and moves me every time I hear him sing it, and, see the video for that matter.

CertInsaneC5
01-10-2016, 4:44pm
It's just spine chilling.
Just the fact that he did the cover less than a year before he died, knowing the life he lived, and listening to the song's lyrics is the ultimate triple header of WOW. :eek:
It's the complete package and moves me every time I hear him sing it, and, see the video for that matter.

No doubt about it. It makes me shiver every time I hear it. Nailed it all around. :cert: