PDA

View Full Version : could this be a good thing

Olustee bus
12-29-2015, 8:02am
Some who struggle with high school can get a degree regardless of how they do. That will give them equal standing with other young people who do in fact make the grades to graduate.

Should we carry this policy on to college.

Would you want to go to a doctor who just attended classes.

I am not sure whether this is good or not. Please give me you opinion.

This law California just passed may signal the END of our Republic. - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com (http://www.allenbwest.com/2015/12/this-law-california-just-passed-may-signal-the-end-of-our-republic/)

Uncle Meat
12-29-2015, 8:07am
Everybody gets a participation trophy these days! Yea! :banghead:

U.M.

StaticCling
12-29-2015, 8:19am
Watch the movie Idiocracy, it's happening for real.

69camfrk
12-29-2015, 10:06am
I shall add nothing to this thread since there is not a soul here that doesn't know how I feel already....:sadangel:

GentleBen
12-29-2015, 10:59am
Thankfully, even the idiots that live in La-La land have not made this permanent. It is only effective for the next three school years (2015-2016 / 2016-2017 / 2017-2018).

It would appear that the legislature wishes to assure itself that three years of illiterate and functionally non-intelligent graduates are still capable of earning $15/hour in McDonalds. Though I am not sure if the hamburger chain can handle this many mop pushers. . .

MrPeabody
12-29-2015, 11:21am
There are 27 other states who have no exit exam in high school. The students will still have to pass the required classes to graduate in California.

There was no exit exam when I graduated from high school in California, and I consider myself to be quite literate.

Jobaka
12-29-2015, 1:02pm
Misleading article. Students still have to pass their classes. They just don't have to take the exit exam.

Students who completed grade twelve in the 2003–04 school year, or a subsequent school year, and have met all applicable graduation requirements other than passing the high school exit examination will be eligible to receive a diploma. “Applicable graduation requirements” would include all local and state graduation requirements that were applicable to a student at the time he or she completed grade twelve.

FAQs About the Suspension of the CAHSEE - California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE) (CA Dept of Education) (http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/hs/cahseesuspendfaq.asp)

island14
12-29-2015, 3:49pm
Just think.. if they used these rules back in my day I could have been smart.. :D

Olustee bus
12-30-2015, 5:31am
I had no exit exam.