PDA

View Full Version : new Marinade

Bucwheat
02-25-2011, 2:14pm
Need a good marinade for pork loin on the grill,been using Italian dressing ,and Dr. Pepper and Dales sauce, now I want sumfin dif.

MrPeabody
02-25-2011, 2:28pm
A1 sauce, Worcestershire and Jack Daniels.

NeedSpeed
02-25-2011, 4:23pm
I never tried it on a loin, but it's good on chops. Especially if you pan cook the chops and let it cook down and camelize a little.

Lea & Perrins White Wine Worcestershire Marinade For Chicken - 10 oz: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21d4Y0mMvUL.@@AMEPARAM@@21d4Y0mMvUL

Don't let the "chicken" fool you. It used to just be "white wine worcestershire" and at some point they targeted to chicken.

It's different, but quite good on pork.

Cybercowboy
02-25-2011, 4:43pm
Use Mojo!

You can buy it (Goya brand is good) or make it yourself:

3 heads garlic, peeled, separated into cloves
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black peppercorns
1/2 tsp whole cumin (or use ground)
1-1/2 cups sour orange juice (preferable, or substitute a mix of 1 cup fresh orange juice with 1/2 cup each fresh lemon and lime juice)
1 large onion, minced
2 tsp dried oregano
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Toast the peppercorns and whole cumin in a hot dry skillet till fragrant. Mash garlic, salt, cumin, and peppercorns into a paste, using a mortar and pestle. Stir in sour orange juice, onion, and oregano. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or longer.

In a saucepan, heat olive oil to medium hot (approximately 180 degrees F) and remove from heat. Whisk in the garlic-orange juice mixture until well blended.

Cool the marinade completely before putting on your pork, and marinate for at least two hours, four is better. Grill and brush some reserved marinade on as you turn it. Cook to 145, remove, foil and rest, then slice and drizzle more marinade on. You can save the rest in the fridge for about 14 days.