PDA

View Full Version : My town is kinda lame

Munch
11-08-2009, 5:38pm
Whenever I go out in the Vette to cruise around my town I come to the same painful realization... My town is not a car town. Sure I see a couple Vettes here and there, dozens of Mustangs with somebody's mom driving and every once in a while I see a classic muscle car. It's probably because I live in the sticks and truth be told I could drive 30 minutes to the big city where there's a lot of stuff going on but I miss seeing cool cars on a regular basis.

Where I grew up we could always go cruising up and down some of the major roads and see tons of bad arse cars on a Friday or Saturday night. The funny thing is that I live like 10 minutes from the Vette Barn and I do know of a few places where some cool rides live. The guy down the street from me has a Viper ACR but he only races it so it only leaves the house on a trailer. Another guy around the block has a sweet C2 but it is a drag car and again no street driving. Up the road a guy has a sweet rat rod and an old Impala and a Chevy that I see outside sometimes and I know an old dude who has a custom 32 coupe that he loves to talk about for hours. There is a bad arse Camaro up at this repair garage near the grocery and I know of a body shop who do a ton of Vette work and has a nice resto going on as we speak. Oh yeah, and did I mention I live 10 minutes from the Vette Barn?

Yanno, maybe this place isn't so lame, just a little low key.

Skia
11-08-2009, 5:45pm
Meh......I live in the sticks and there is a ton of neat cars here. 2 for example:
1972 Chevelle original owner 396
1966 Chevelle orginal owner 18K miles 396/375
Nationaly known pro Mod owner driver and he has a sweet 70 chevelle with a NASCAR 358 in it.
There is a 58 vette being restored in town but I haven't met the owner.
Very good friend of mine has a 1937 Chevy coupe that last year was on display at the Street Rod Nats in Louisville this year (voted top 25 last year at the nats)
During the spring and summer there is a cruise uptown twice a year.

Vette Guy
11-08-2009, 11:35pm
Small town here too. Only time you see the cool cars is at the weekly cruise in or a local show. Nobody cruises like we did in the 60's. Too many pi$$y cops.

Neutron
11-08-2009, 11:46pm
I live in a decent sized town. I'll see a Gallardo or F430 every once in a while. :cool:

Entropy
11-09-2009, 9:07am
High performance in BFE = jacked up pick-up with straight pipes. :ack:

allthrottleandsomebottle
11-09-2009, 9:41am
There are MANY nice vehicles in your neck of the woods...........ya just gotta be in the right place at the right time to see them :beer: