PDA

View Full Version : Official Barn Raising I Thread

Iron Chef
02-17-2011, 12:07pm
Here’s the official (well...for this week anyway) Barn Raising I thread. Some items are subject to change as necessary.

When: May 20-22, 2011. Some of you may arrive a day early which is fine. We will have an impromptu get together on Thursday for the early birds.

Where: The hotel of choice at this time seems to be the Hampton Inn in Weatherford, Texas. They are offering us a discounted rate. If you’re coming, I’d suggest thnking about making your reservations soon.

Activities:

Lone Star Classic at Texas Motor Speedway - The Lone Star Corvette Club has agreed to allow us to piggyback onto their event, the Lone Star Classic. This is an absolutely spectacular annual event held at the Texas Motor Speedway. The activites are pay as you go, similar to Cruise-In. I suspect that those of you wishing to participate in the Autocross should register early as it looks like there are a limited number of slots. Here is the link for event registration:

Lone Star Corvette Club (http://www.lonestarcorvetteclub.org/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=977600&item_id=146984)

Dinner - on Friday and Saturday evening at my home. The meals will be catered (likely Mexican on Friday night and BBQ on Saturday night) and I will ask for no more than the cost of food and a few rentals. Bring your swimsuits too. It’ll be warm enough to get in the pool. I will let everyone know a final cost and where/when to send money shortly. For those arriving on Thursday, we will have a gathering at my home in the evening which will likely include dinner at no cost.

Texas Backroads Tour and Lunch - There will be a road tour on Saturday. What could be better than touring the beautiful Texas backroads and stop for lunch at one of our outstanding BBQ restaurants?

Golf - an outing can be arranged if there is enough interest, so please indicate in your response.

Shooting - There is a shooting range available for our gun enthusiasts.

Swimming - My pool will be open, so bring your swimsuits if you wish.

We can also organize a ladies outing if there is interest. Please indicate if these things would interest you in your response.

Datawiz will be starting his own thread soon to make badges.

We’ll probably have a 50/50 drawing to benefit the NCM.

One last thing...and please read carefully: For those who might be thinking “Oh well Cruise-In did this” or “Gosh when we went to Cruise-In...” please keep in mind that THIS IS NOT CRUISE-IN. It's an event for Barn Members to meet and socialize, many of whom haven't seen one another in years. This is our first year of trying to do this on an official basis and we’re doing the best we can. As far as I know, Cruise-In is still being held this year, so if you want to go sit in the Hampton parking lot with savewave and six other people, then by all means do so.

It’s time to get a preliminary headcount, so if you're planning on attending, please indicate in this thread. If you’re NOT planning on attending, PLEASE DO NOT POST. Someone else can start a “roll call” thread where you can post-whore away.

:cheers:

Sea Six
02-17-2011, 1:22pm
How many are signed up to attend so far?

Oh... and a catered meal at your house?? I though you were an Iron Chef!

:roll:

Defib1961
02-17-2011, 1:23pm
:hurray::hurray: 1st in.........I hope

ok 2nd in.

Sea Six
02-17-2011, 1:24pm
Also... question about the TMS events.

Is there an opportunity to drive our Vettes at high speed around the oval, or is it just a bunch of low-speed events?

:waiting:

Iron Chef
02-17-2011, 3:32pm
Oh... and a catered meal at your house?? I thought you were an Iron Chef!

:roll:Iron Chefs don't cook for 100. I'd like time to enjoy my guests.

Is there an opportunity to drive our Vettes at high speed around the oval, or is it just a bunch of low-speed events?

:waiting:

Yes...you'll be able to go out on the oval. There will be a pace car though, so don't think you're going to pull a Jeff Gordon.

Sea Six
02-17-2011, 3:53pm
Iron Chefs don't cook for 100. I'd like time to enjoy my guests.

Yes...you'll be able to go out on the oval. There will be a pace car though, so don't think you're going to pull a Jeff Gordon.

How fast will they let you go?

'Cause I'm not gonna pay $50 to go 75 mph. :rubbish:

NEED-A-VETTE
02-17-2011, 3:56pm
I'll be there Saturday for swimming and dinner. If I make it over on Friday, it will just be to peek in and say hello to everyone.

Let me know if you need any help setting up, picking up food, etc. Also, would you like us to bring anything? Beer, liquor, desserts?

I'm definitely up for some shooting, btw. :cheers:

jda67gta
02-17-2011, 10:53pm
See ya there! :hurray:

oyealiz
02-18-2011, 1:14am
Put my name on the list! :)

oyealiz
02-18-2011, 1:30am
SpdchikRN, Kymberly, says to add her to the list. :dance:

She needs to get signed up on the forum and post. I'll send her this link. :)

itsaz
02-18-2011, 7:14am
Lugnut and I plan on there on Saturday for the backroads tour and dinner.

This shooting range thing...are we talking trap, skeet or Howitzers? :stickemup:
:tx:

itsaz
02-18-2011, 7:18am
How fast will they let you go?

Never mind the oval, come to the Infield Road Course. We'll let you run as fast as you want to!

NikiQ
02-18-2011, 7:48am
Lugnut and I plan on there on Saturday for the backroads tour and dinner.

This shooting range thing...are we talking trap, skeet or Howitzers? :stickemup:
:tx:

This is close to the hotel. Lone Star Guns Gallery & Gear, Weatherford TX (http://www.lonestargunsgallerygear.com/)

Never mind the oval, come to the Infield Road Course. We'll let you run as fast as you want to!

:yesnod: Sunday morning. Sooo much fun!

Mark C5
02-18-2011, 7:56am
Count me in!

Mr Hole
02-18-2011, 11:34am
I'll be there. :dance:

Sea Six
02-18-2011, 8:30pm

Thanks, Z!

:seeya:

73sbVert
02-18-2011, 10:27pm
I'm coming in Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday eve. Also already have a room at the Hampton too.

I will be without transpo though, so I will have to beg for rides everywhere! :D

See you then!

Y2Kvert4me
02-18-2011, 10:40pm
Planning on arriving Thurs.
Still undecided if I will fly in or road trip it.

Me2
02-19-2011, 9:05am
We're in - the boy will most likely be with us, too.

wwomanC6
02-19-2011, 9:09am
You know me I'm there! :squirrelrun:

wwomanC6
02-19-2011, 1:36pm
Anyone else interested in Karaoke too?

:squirrelrun:

Aflac
03-18-2011, 7:30pm
I am gonna hafta hurry my ass back from Phoenix.. some schmoe moved the worldwide conference for my work from Beautiful Sheppard AFB to the armpit of the world known as Luke AFB (Phoenix area) we are due to be back in town saturday. If i'm not flying mil air (C-130 from here to there) i will be flying commercial and will be in late friday night!

DAB
03-21-2011, 10:58am
yes, i plan to attend. will make hotel reservations in a bit. just me, Mrs. DAB will be staying home.

will have my 4 door truck, should arrive thursday PM, available for airport runs (if folks are kind enough to chip in a little gas $$).

will PM you later with some other questions not related to head count.

see all y'all in 2 months!!

woo hoo, about 600 miles, one day drive.

oh, i'll be bringing various guns for shooting. others are welcome to shoot them, provide your own ammo.

.22LR pistol, 9mm pistol (92F), .45 ACP pistol, and maybe 5.56mm rifle are planned.

BuckyThreadkiller
03-21-2011, 11:02am
E and me are planning on being there.

navyndi2
03-21-2011, 11:10am
I plan on attending, not sure about my guest yet :)

kylebuck
03-21-2011, 11:14am
Im going to be coming...
anyone want anything from cajun land?

Iron Chef
03-21-2011, 11:27am
Im going to be coming...

Yes. A Starbucks mug. I collect them. Will PM you with details. :cheers:

beadist
03-21-2011, 12:33pm
I'll be driving in on Friday. What else do you want from Cajun land? Zapps?

C5SilverBullet
03-21-2011, 12:48pm
I'm going, but the wife can't make it.

73sbVert
03-21-2011, 12:51pm
Im going to be coming...

I'll be driving in on Friday. What else do you want from Cajun land? Zapps?

Somebody bring me a couple of bags of Camelia red beans please!! Gotta be Camelia for good redbeans and rice!

Uncle Pervey
03-21-2011, 12:59pm
I'm going to do my bestest to make it, I can't wait to meet some of you folks and to revisit with others! :yesnod:

jda67gta
03-21-2011, 1:22pm
In like Flint.....

oyealiz
03-21-2011, 1:30pm
Just signed up for Lone Star Classic events, both the autocross on Friday and the track events at TMS on Sunday.

:dance:

DJ_Critterus
03-21-2011, 1:36pm
I'll find out next week if I can make it. If so, I'll get the SCUBA gear out and retrieve some of my lost arsenal for the shooting range.

beadist
03-21-2011, 3:23pm
Somebody bring me a couple of bags of Camelia red beans please!! Gotta be Camelia for good redbeans and rice!

Consider it done! :D

73sbVert
03-21-2011, 7:40pm
Consider it done! :D

Thanks bro! I owe ya one!

kylebuck
03-21-2011, 10:09pm
Thanks bro! I owe ya one!

ehmmm i believe bro should be sis

beadist
03-21-2011, 10:25pm

lol... We need a smiley with lipstick :yesnod:

73sbVert
03-21-2011, 10:52pm

Oooooooooooooooops!!! Terribly sorry!

:o :o :o :o

Now I'm really embarrassed! My apologies!!

illmac77
03-21-2011, 11:09pm
I should be there Saturday an hopefully Sunday at TMS. Might pop in friday night too. It's going to be great to see some old an new friends. Best part is I'm about 45 min from u.

beadist
03-22-2011, 8:09am
Oooooooooooooooops!!! Terribly sorry!

:o :o :o :o

Now I'm really embarrassed! My apologies!!

:lol: It's ok :D I was looking forward to surprising you. :yesnod:

Getting to put a face to a name is going to be one of the best things about the Barn Raising!

Karin

3/23 Camellia Red Beans in the house :-)

73sbVert
03-22-2011, 8:37am

Getting to put a face to a name is going to be one of the best things about the Barn Raising!

Karin

"Surprised" is definitely the word to use! Nice to meet ya Karin! :seeya:

Exactly why I'm looking forward to it as well! Will be great to finally, actually meet all of you fine folks that I've been talking to and have gotten to know otherwise!

Paul

Firevette
03-24-2011, 4:42pm
Firefighters banquet is on the 21st, Im really going to have to think about this one.. Damnit! :(

73sbVert
03-24-2011, 5:02pm

Karin

3/23 Camellia Red Beans in the house :-)

Yaarrr! :hurray: Thank ya ma'am!! :rep: :rep: :rep: You ROCK!!!!

wwomanC6
03-24-2011, 5:36pm

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i359/dixonwl/smileys/make-up-female-girl-makeup-smiley-emoticon-000557-facebook.gif

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i359/dixonwl/smileys/Cheers--cheers-champagne-wine-smiley-emoticon-000548-facebook.gif

How about one of these Karin?

Sorry Mike, you know me and smileys!!

73sbVert
03-24-2011, 5:39pm
Those are great Wendy! Too bad we didn't have those sooner, might have saved me a little embarrassment earlier!

:rofl::rofl:

:leaving:

Me2
03-24-2011, 7:29pm
I'm going, but the wife can't make it.

Damnit, Tony. It will be great to finally meet you but I was looking forward to meeting your wife as well.

I'm going to do my bestest to make it, I can't wait to meet some of you folks and to revisit with others! :yesnod:

SERIOUSLY? This would make my year!

beadist
03-24-2011, 7:40pm
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i359/dixonwl/smileys/make-up-female-girl-makeup-smiley-emoticon-000557-facebook.gif

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i359/dixonwl/smileys/Cheers--cheers-champagne-wine-smiley-emoticon-000548-facebook.gif

How about one of these Karin?

Sorry Mike, you know me and smileys!!

:dance: I love them both! Can we get both so the ladies can have a choice?

I'll probably use the one with long hair and I'll share with Jackyl cause I think he's the only one on here with longer hair than me...:D

73sbVert
03-24-2011, 7:47pm
:dance: I love them both! Can we get both so the ladies can have a choice?

I'll probably use the one with long hair and I'll share with Jackyl cause I think he's the only one on here with longer hair than me...:D

Last pic I saw of Jackyl, he had really short hair! I know RedSS has long, long hair!
Maybe him?

Mine's only down to my collar, but going for the shoulder next! Slow going though! You'd think as much Injun as I am, it would grow faster! :rofl:

beadist
03-24-2011, 8:52pm
Last pic I saw of Jackyl, he had really short hair! I know RedSS has long, long hair!
Maybe him?

Mine's only down to my collar, but going for the shoulder next! Slow going though! You'd think as much Injun as I am, it would grow faster! :rofl:

lol Doubt Jackyl would care for the lipstick anyway.

Sorry IC we'll stop hijacking your party count now...;)

jackyl
03-25-2011, 11:03am
I haven't had short hair since I was 9 lol.

HeatherO
03-26-2011, 4:10pm
I may be booking a flight this week...not sure whether to book for Thursday or Friday...who's going to be available to pick me up from the airport? :D:lol:

Me2
03-27-2011, 12:46pm
:seeya:

Aflac
03-27-2011, 2:42pm
i'm in!

oyealiz
03-27-2011, 3:07pm
I may be booking a flight this week...not sure whether to book for Thursday or Friday...who's going to be available to pick me up from the airport? :D:lol:

I'm picking Kathy up on Thursday at Love Field.

Book those tickets, girl!!!

HeatherO
03-27-2011, 8:46pm
I'm picking Kathy up on Thursday at Love Field.

Book those tickets, girl!!!

what time is her flight arriving? the cheapest flight that I can book on Thursday arrives around 11 am

Me2
03-28-2011, 4:10am
what time is her flight arriving? the cheapest flight that I can book on Thursday arrives around 11 am

I should be able to make that to pick you up - damn job is so unpredictable. You might have to sit in the airport bar and have a couple of drinks in case I'm running late, tho', if that won't be a problem.

HeatherO
03-28-2011, 9:14am
It's O-fficial.....I will be at this hell raising...I mean barn raising :leaving:

HeatherO
03-28-2011, 6:10pm
Yes. A Starbucks mug. I collect them. Will PM you with details. :cheers:

want one from the "Garbage State"? :D

TripleBlack
03-31-2011, 10:23pm
I'm in! And will try to drag my spouse along.

I was worried I was going to have a conflict but it's resolved and I'm good to go! :hurray: Can't wait to meet everyone. :cheers:

73sbVert
03-31-2011, 11:23pm
It's O-fficial.....I will be at this hell raising...I mean barn raising :leaving:

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Excellent!!

Omega Man
04-01-2011, 1:15am
Omega Man +1. Babysitter was confirmed today!!!

Now to pre register for some of the events at the speedway. :hurray:

Omega Man
04-01-2011, 9:49am
Registered for the Auto X and the Sunday track events! :dance::dance:

Dave
04-01-2011, 11:25pm
Sounds like it could be an interesting event. Are noobs invited, too? :)

GB Vette
04-09-2011, 2:09pm
:D

quality=high width=750 height=400

73sbVert
04-09-2011, 3:03pm
Distracted at work (http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/images/br1.swf)

:Dhttp://www.thevettebarn.com/images/br1.swf

Very :cool1:

Actually :afrocool:

BTW, Gary, did you get my last PM?

wwomanC6
04-09-2011, 7:56pm

quality=high width=750 height=400 http://www.thevettebarn.com/images/br1.swf

Noice graphic art work!

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i359/dixonwl/smileys/you_rock.gif

Omega Man
04-13-2011, 4:07pm
Sounds like it could be an interesting event. Are noobs invited, too? :)

Sure! Just bring some thick skin and a sense of Humor and you will be Good to Go!

Me2
04-13-2011, 6:44pm
Brian and I are in for Friday and Saturday. Which reminds me, I need to be getting with Heather O to make plans on getting to our house from the airport.
Things have calmed down at work and looks like it will stay that way into the first part of June so that's a BIG plus.

oyealiz
04-13-2011, 6:51pm
Brian and I are in for Friday and Saturday. Which reminds me, I need to be getting with Heather O to make plans on getting to our house from the airport.
Things have calmed down at work and looks like it will stay that way into the first part of June so that's a BIG plus.

I have her on my schedule to pick up and spend the night at my place Thursday. Are we going to fight over her?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously, I could still pick her up from the airport, and Brian could get her from my place after work if the plan is for her to spend the night at your place on Thursday. :) I'm going to be picking up a couple of other folks around the same time.

Me2
04-14-2011, 5:02am
I have her on my schedule to pick up and spend the night at my place Thursday. Are we going to fight over her?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously, I could still pick her up from the airport, and Brian could get her from my place after work if the plan is for her to spend the night at your place on Thursday. :) I'm going to be picking up a couple of other folks around the same time.

This would work out great - I have to be at work early on Friday a.m. but as it stands now, I should be off earlier than normal that day. If you can hold on to her until sometime on Friday, that would work so she doesn't have to endure the big dog here by herself all day. :lol: As long as Heather gets here safe and is taken care of, it's all good regardless of who does what and when. But we get her on Friday, K?

(Don't you love how we're talking about you, Heather, like you aren't even in the room? :rofl: )

Dave
04-14-2011, 10:14pm
Sure! Just bring some thick skin and a sense of Humor and you will be Good to Go!

Crap.... can I buy those things with these barn bucks?

oyealiz
04-15-2011, 12:09am
Crap.... can I buy those things with these barn bucks?

You won't get much with your number of Barn Bucks. :lol:

HeatherO
04-15-2011, 12:11am
I absolutely LOVE being discussed like a mere possession :hurray::hurray:

y'all have my flight info, I think...we should probably exchange phone numbers so I can text the crap outta y'all upon me arrival :D
I am sooo looking forward to this little get away, you have no idea...
I haven't taken numerous days off since October!!!!

oyealiz
04-15-2011, 12:16am
I absolutely LOVE being discussed like a mere possession :hurray::hurray:

y'all have my flight info, I think...we should probably exchange phone numbers so I can text the crap outta y'all upon me arrival :D
I am sooo looking forward to this little get away, you have no idea...
I haven't taken numerous days off since October!!!!

:dance:

Woody
04-16-2011, 10:25pm
For those not attending, we better see LOTS of pics. :hurray:

oyealiz
04-16-2011, 11:29pm

Absolutely! Trying to talk SnowDale into coming up, too, and he has a great camera. So does Stangkiller. There will be pix!!! :yesnod:

Dave
04-16-2011, 11:48pm

:iagree:

...Whitepower...
04-17-2011, 4:32pm
As much as I would like to attend my old man is having surgery on the 18th and will be hospitalized for several days. My sister is also flying in for that week.

Have a drink in my honor guys. Be safe.

SnowDale
04-18-2011, 11:46am
Absolutely! Trying to talk SnowDale into coming up, too, and he has a great camera. So does Stangkiller. There will be pix!!! :yesnod:

It's official. I'm in. Reservations made at Hampton Inn. Now I have to see if I can borrow the Vette from the wife. :D

And I will be playing golf somewhere on Saturday morning.

yell01
04-19-2011, 8:41pm
So what's the transportation situation like around there?? I just got the "you should go if you want to" from the wife. But, if I'm at Chefs partying I don't think driving is such a good idea. I was always one of the last 4 in the lot at CI so there was plenty of alcohol consumed.

erickpl
04-22-2011, 10:18am
What shooting range you guys going to use? The new one with AGW over in Roanoke? It's not far from TMS at all...

And can somebody grab me some Dublin Dr. Pepper to be shipped back here to Alabama?

I'm doing a Jeep Jamboree that weekend here in Alabama as a trail guide and won't be able to make it. I haven't been back to Texas in some time unless you count layovers in DFW... :(

Thankfully, I have a guy near my work that does Texas BBQ (he's from Midland-Odessa) and even gets his mesquite shipped from his property there. :)

Brisket.... *drool*

DAB
04-24-2011, 3:59pm
So what's the transportation situation like around there?? I just got the "you should go if you want to" from the wife. But, if I'm at Chefs partying I don't think driving is such a good idea. I was always one of the last 4 in the lot at CI so there was plenty of alcohol consumed.

i'm driving my quad cab pickup, staying at the Hampton, and don't care for booze. have already volunteered to the organizers that i can take folks back and forth to/from hotel and airport (little $$ to cover gas would be appreciated). i'm sure there will rides available if you ask around and promise not to make a mess of the ride :D

yell01
04-25-2011, 7:57pm
i'm driving my quad cab pickup, staying at the Hampton, and don't care for booze. have already volunteered to the organizers that i can take folks back and forth to/from hotel and airport (little $$ to cover gas would be appreciated). i'm sure there will rides available if you ask around and promise not to make a mess of the ride :D

That makes it much more interesting. :cheers:

Y2Kvert4me
04-25-2011, 7:59pm
That makes it much more interesting. :cheers:Posted elsewhere, claims he has no sense of smell either.

You can't go wrong Frank, no matter what you eat prior. :lol:

Cajundude@EnglandGreen
04-25-2011, 9:22pm

Tom wouldn't be one of those four right? :). Couldn't be because he only has one beer...

Y2Kvert4me
04-25-2011, 9:31pm
Tom wouldn't be one of those four right? :). Couldn't be because he only has one beer...Jason my friend, I hope you can spare the time to grace us with your presence that weekend. :yesnod:

We need some more of that "not right". :D

Cajundude@EnglandGreen
04-25-2011, 9:43pm
:lol:

Firevette
05-14-2011, 8:58pm
Looks like i'll see everyone Thursday and Friday. :hurray:

Need to be back in Houston on Saturday.

oyealiz
05-14-2011, 9:24pm
Looks like i'll see everyone Thursday and Friday. :hurray:

Need to be back in Houston on Saturday.

I'm so excited you get to come!!!! :dance:

Cajundude@EnglandGreen
05-14-2011, 11:43pm
I'm so excited you get to come!!!! :dance:

Do you know how special you are? Liz is excited to see somebody come! And will even dance!:hurray:

oyealiz
05-15-2011, 12:39am
Do you know how special you are? Liz is excited to see somebody come! And will even dance!:hurray:

I'm excited about everyone who's coming, you included. :D :yesnod: But until today, Rocky didn't think he'd be able to make it. :)

Cajundude@EnglandGreen
05-15-2011, 12:55am

I'm excited about everyone who's coming, you included. :D :yesnod: But until today, Rocky didn't think he'd be able to make it. :)

Sweet! I'll take up the slack when I come!:hurray:

Firevette
05-15-2011, 1:15am
What can I say.. Im just special. :yesnod:

Cant wait, Its going to be good times.:dance:

Cajundude@EnglandGreen
05-15-2011, 1:58am
Uhhhh, wait a minute...:leaving:

DAB
05-15-2011, 2:12pm
Posted elsewhere, claims he has no sense of smell either.

You can't go wrong Frank, no matter what you eat prior. :lol:

true, i can't smell. go figure.

beer goes in here to chill:

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/brinkmancorvette/b64d0e7b.jpg

will fit 2 kegs and ice nicely.