PDA

View Full Version : My Friggin Neighbors 25 yr Old OD'd On Heroin

Jeff '79
06-25-2015, 5:51pm
The guy used to play drums in my basement as a 15- 16 yr old with other neighbors.
:wtf: Is going on with that age group? Jeezus! It's just so tragic.:sadangel:

Giraffe (He/Him)
06-25-2015, 5:57pm
Is going on with that age group?

Heroin is on a big uptick lately. I don't know what's rong with booze and blow, it worked pretty good in the 80's. :D

Jeff '79
06-25-2015, 5:59pm
Heroin is on a big uptick lately. I don't know what's rong with booze and blow, it worked pretty good in the 80's. :D

Exactly.

Pushing the envelope is a bit different these days I guess.

mrvette
06-25-2015, 6:03pm
Effin' shame, but a product of liberalism/communism/destruction of America.....all planned out over 60 years ago...or better.....

damnit....:sadangel:

Giraffe (He/Him)
06-25-2015, 6:05pm
but a product of liberalism/communism/destruction of America

There's your 'why' I guess. Communism.

Jeff '79
06-25-2015, 6:08pm
Great.... Just great.

Another political thread that'll be move to PR&C.

Pretty soon there will be no more threads left in OT.... :sadangel:

Parkrat
06-25-2015, 6:10pm
My BIL's son died from a heron OD when he was 18. That was a very hard funeral to attend.

I know this sounds very odd, but he hid it well and it came as a shock. Of course, his girlfriend did it too.

Jeff '79
06-25-2015, 6:12pm
My BIL's son died from a heron OD when he was 18. That was a very hard funeral to attend.

I know this sounds very odd, but he hid it well and it came as a shock. Of course, his girlfriend did it too.

We are all totally shocked.... :yesnod:

Parkrat
06-25-2015, 6:23pm
We are all totally shocked.... :yesnod:

Many times it's a shock to the family/friends. I'm glad I never went down that road. There are a lot of people who depend on drugs and you wouldn't have any clue.

DukeAllen
06-25-2015, 6:34pm
I hate hearing of someone dying, especially from something so stupid. But, if someone is that damn stupid, I also have to admit to a touch of gratitude for cleaning the gene pool. :island14:

Kerrmudgeon
06-25-2015, 6:57pm
Tried a tiny bit of it in the 80s, and hated it. Some fool put it out like it was blow....it made me sick to my stomach and I just wanted to curl up and wait until the feeling went away. Don't see the thrill in it at all. :(

simpleman68
06-25-2015, 7:22pm
Damn, that's a huge bag of suck man. I've known some really amazing people that got sucked into that sheit and most don't get out.
Scott

99 pewtercoupe
06-25-2015, 7:28pm
In the early 70s while in HS, a goof ball friend of mine said lets burn one before going into a BB game. Didn't tell me that the joint was laced with H. It was the sweetest high I had ever had. My GF at the time was a cheerleader at the game. She said she could see me in the stands and I never moved or changed expression the entire time. Next day when I found out I told goof ball if he ever pulled a trick like that again I would knock his teeth out.

It is a whole different high than weed, blow or anything else. Very easy to see how once someone tries it they go back to it

NEED-A-VETTE
06-25-2015, 7:32pm
My cousin OD'ed on heroin several years back. He was admitted to a hospital because of a near OD, woke up, yanked out his IV, walked out of the hospital and got high again. It was his last time.

At that point, my aunt had sent him to rehab a few times. He always walked out. He was stealing from his mother and siblings, while they were at work (would break into their houses). He was homeless because no one could trust him. If it wasn't bolted down, he took it and sold it for drugs.

His sister took him in for awhile, but finally cut him off after he almost OD'ed in her house a few times. She'd search his stuff, but he always managed to have some heroin to do in her house. She'd have to call an ambulance and/or police. She had kids of her own, she couldn't have that around.

It was a heartbreaking thing to see. But you cant help someone that refuses to take the help. They either hit rock bottom and decide to change, or they kill themselves. That's the sad truth.

Jeff '79
06-25-2015, 7:37pm
Wow :sadangel:

JRD77VET
06-25-2015, 8:11pm

Heroin usage is up due to the tightening of the regs regarding oxycodone and similar drugs.

I had a room mate ( back when I was in my 20s ) that got into heroin. Went from a decent guy ( former class president of his class ) to a thieving drug addict in just a few months.

Stole about $1800 worth of stuff and stiffed me on over $800 worth of bills ( in 1985 money ) . :issues:

POS stole my coin collection to cash in for drugs. Plus car parts too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about your neighbor's kid. :sadangel:

Jeff '79
06-25-2015, 8:14pm
I really don't know any of the details of this kids behavior, as far as stealing and the like. He did drive a ricer around and got a DWI about 4 years ago. I haven't seen the ricer in a while so that would lead me to wonder if he sold it for smack.

Bill
06-25-2015, 8:45pm
Heroin usage is up due to the tightening of the regs regarding oxycodone and similar drugs.

I had a room mate ( back when I was in my 20s ) that got into heroin. Went from a decent guy ( former class president of his class ) to a thieving drug addict in just a few months.

Stole about $1800 worth of stuff and stiffed me on over $800 worth of bills ( in 1985 money ) . :issues:

POS stole my coin collection to cash in for drugs. Plus car parts too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about your neighbor's kid. :sadangel:

Law of unintended consequences......again. I guess we can chalk up these OD's to the War on Drugs.

Giraffe (He/Him)
06-25-2015, 8:59pm
When Whitney Houston passed away, there were people right here in VBOT who cheered, that right, applauded her death.

Like I said then and I'll say now. Some people simply cannot shake the monkey. They have my condolences.

boracayjohnny
06-25-2015, 9:07pm
Law of unintended consequences......again. I guess we can chalk up these OD's to the War on Drugs.

How long have we been fighting this war? How much has been spent fighting this so called war? Has the amount of drugs gone down? These are rhetorical questions. Yep, successful as both parties working together to balance the budget and reduce pork spending.

Bill
06-25-2015, 9:10pm
How long have we been fighting this war? How much has been spent fighting this so called war? Has the amount of drugs gone down? These are rhetorical questions. Yep, successful as both parties working together to balance the budget and reduce pork spending.

The War on Drugs IS pork barrel spending.

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
06-25-2015, 9:18pm
It was a heartbreaking thing to see. But you cant help someone that refuses to take the help. They either hit rock bottom and decide to change, or they kill themselves. That's the sad truth.

No argument there. Sad truth indeed. :sadangel:

DukeAllen
06-25-2015, 9:19pm
When Whitney Houston passed away, there were people right here in VBOT who cheered, that right, applauded her death.

Like I said then and I'll say now. Some people simply cannot shake the monkey. They have my condolences.

Do you really think we're worse off when we lose a druggie? I've got no sympathy for someone who should know better, ruining or even ending their life. Except perhaps sympathy for their family.

Giraffe (He/Him)
06-25-2015, 9:23pm
Do you really think we're worse off when we lose a druggie? I've got no sympathy for someone who should know better, ruining or even ending their life. Except perhaps sympathy for their family.

Worse off? I dunno. What I DO know is I can't find it in me to applaud someone's death even if they OD. These are still human beings who at one time probably had hopes and dreams just like the rest of us.

Bill
06-25-2015, 9:24pm

A: Depends on who that druggie is. If that druggie was someone like the moron Charleston shooter, then yeah, society is better off without him. ]

On the other hand, look at the talent this world has lost: John Belushi? Hendrix? (arguably) Elvis? Are we better off without them? Maybe not.

As to Whitney, she had a gift. It's sad that someone like her could go from singing in the church choir, to stardom, to dead of an OD. Wasted potential.

NEED-A-VETTE
06-25-2015, 9:32pm
Worse off? I dunno. What I DO know is I can't find it in me to applaud someone's death even if they OD. These are still human beings who at one time probably had hopes and dreams just like the rest of us.

This.

boracayjohnny
06-25-2015, 10:28pm
The War on Drugs IS pork barrel spending.

:D I was thinking of the normal home district boon doggles. However, you are right with the loading up just about anything to be voted on can include pork.

TheHammer
06-25-2015, 11:17pm
you play, you pay

island14
06-26-2015, 3:11am
This news saddens me.. and hits close to home.

While I have never tried it, I understand how hard it is to quit once you take a ride on the horse.

I have lost a few friends to it through the years that were once good people.

Also have a family member that I love very much who has had their battles with it, and I fear the day when I will get an email message telling me they are gone. :sadangel:

JMC12
06-26-2015, 5:28am
Had to fire a pretty good worker Tuesday, he got on crack and went down fast..

NEED-A-VETTE
06-26-2015, 5:56am
Had to fire a pretty good worker Tuesday, he got on crack and went down fast..

It does happen fast. While I wasn't privy to the toxicology reports on my cousin, I'm sure heroin was not the only thing he dabbled in.

We were looking at old photo albums and you could pretty much spot the year that he went downhill, looking at Christmas photos from year to year. We were only a few weeks apart in age, but towards the end, he easily looked 20 years older. Just completely wrecked.

I know my aunt feels great guilt in his death. However, she paid (in full) for three different rehab centers (that I know of). He walked out of every one of them. The police even took him to the hospital on a psychiatric hold, but they could only keep him for so long before he had to be released.

Not an easy situation to deal with. :nonod:

Broken Wind
06-26-2015, 6:00am
My wife came home from work and found her son unconscious on the floor with a needle in his arm. He was basically dead. She performed CPR on him and called 911. He's clean now. She hasn't been the same since. This occurred in 2003.

Milton Fox
06-26-2015, 6:05am
We all make choices - sometimes they are the wrong one. In all these cases it appears that those individuals made the choice to partake - they can blame no one but themselves.

:sadangel: for the loss of your friends

Jeff '79
06-26-2015, 6:10am
Just from the volume of experiences in this thread, it's is more prevalent than I knew.
I'm a firm believer of Darwiain evolution, but it doesn't make it any easier to understand.
It's so tragic for the families that have to watch it, and then, deal with the emotional aftermath.
I pray to God that my girls never touch the stuff.

island14
06-26-2015, 6:45am
Just from the volume of experiences in this thread, it's is more prevalent than I knew.
I'm a firm believer of Darwiain evolution, but it doesn't make it any easier to understand.
It's so tragic for the families that have to watch it, and then, deal with the emotional aftermath.
I pray to God that my girls never touch the stuff.

When you just hear about someone or read about it in the news, the first thought that comes to mind is usually.. what a dumbass, they killed themselves.

But quite often the people were good people before getting hooked, and came from good homes and family's that loved them very much.

They just took that one dance with the devil and he wouldn't let them go. :(

I know someone right now, that has been through rehab successfully twice, and did well for awhile, but still later somehow went back as if it is always still out there calling them..

She recently checked herself back into rehab on her own, knowing she needs to straighten her life out for herself, and also for her baby son.

I hope and pray that she makes it this time as I love her very much.

She is my 25 year old daughter :(

boracayjohnny
06-26-2015, 8:04am
When you just hear about someone or read about it in the news, the first thought that comes to mind is usually.. what a dumbass, they killed themselves.

But quite often the people were good people before getting hooked, and came from good homes and family's that loved them very much.

I know someone right now, that has been through rehab successfully twice, and did well for awhile, but still later somehow went back as if it is always still out there calling them..

She recently checked herself back into rehab on her own, knowing she needs to straighten her life out for herself, and also for her baby son.

Wow Tim, I hope she stays away from that stuff too.

mrvette
06-26-2015, 8:57am
DAMN, all these stories about that shit, and here I not aware of any friends/relatives EVER getting involved with anything more than pot/marijuana .....which I prefer a can of beer over any joint......

age 71, guess I just lucky......

:issues::leaving:

JMC12
06-26-2015, 9:19am
It does happen fast. While I wasn't privy to the toxicology reports on my cousin, I'm sure heroin was not the only thing he dabbled in.

We were looking at old photo albums and you could pretty much spot the year that he went downhill, looking at Christmas photos from year to year. We were only a few weeks apart in age, but towards the end, he easily looked 20 years older. Just completely wrecked.

I know my aunt feels great guilt in his death. However, she paid (in full) for three different rehab centers (that I know of). He walked out of every one of them. The police even took him to the hospital on a psychiatric hold, but they could only keep him for so long before he had to be released.

Not an easy situation to deal with. :nonod:

I know what you are talking about.. He came to work for us on 9/25/2013, he must have stated about Oct of last year, that’s when I started to see a difference in him, we talked about why he all of a sudden he was late a lot, it got better but never went away, then about the end of March it stated again, he was losing weight and it just went downhill from there, really did not know what was going on until the middle of May, and had, had enough on Tuesday morning..

DukeAllen
06-26-2015, 9:20am

Despite what Thomas thinks, I don't cheer when these people die, and certainly don't want to hear about anything bad happening in this situation. Prayers for her, and you. She can beat it.

island14
06-26-2015, 9:44am
Wow Tim, I hope she stays away from that stuff too.

Despite what Thomas thinks, I don't cheer when these people die, and certainly don't want to hear about anything bad happening in this situation. Prayers for her, and you. She can beat it.

I hope and pray she can stay clean also, and so do her two sisters that turned out very well.

But like Sandy said.. They have to want do it on their own, and sometimes bottoming out is the only way that they can see the light.

I remember reading stories about drug addictions, Johnny Cash Man in Black was one of them.

At the time I always thought that if it was me that was hooked on drugs, I would muster up the strength to quit and turn my life around.

I guess its a good thing that I never personally cared about drugs much, as I am hooked on Nicotine and can't seem to find the strength to even quit that.

They say that quitting smack is even 10 times harder, and once it has you it owns you.

Now and then you hear about someone quitting, and I do know one that did.. but most are not so lucky, so usually it ends badly.. :(

Jeff '79
06-26-2015, 4:14pm
I hope and pray she can stay clean also, and so do her two sisters that turned out very well.

But like Sandy said.. They have to want do it on their own, and sometimes bottoming out is the only way that they can see the light.

I remember reading stories about drug addictions, Johnny Cash Man in Black was one of them.

At the time I always thought that if it was me that was hooked on drugs, I would muster up the strength to quit and turn my life around.

I guess its a good thing that I never personally cared about drugs much, as I am hooked on Nicotine and can't seem to find the strength to even quit that.

They say that quitting smack is even 10 times harder, and once it has you it owns you.

Now and then you hear about someone quitting, and I do know one that did.. but most are not so lucky, so usually it ends badly.. :(

Geez!!
Good luck to her beating it. :shots:

Giraffe (He/Him)
06-26-2015, 4:54pm
Despite what Thomas thinks,

Wasn't singling you out Duke. :cert:

Chuck A
06-26-2015, 4:55pm
also here in LI NY their is a big heroin epidemic
very sad, indeed

LATB
06-26-2015, 5:56pm
I had a school/neighbor friend od on the horse. We were a couple years out of HS. His parents found him in the basement. Needle in his arm. :(

I did a lot of stupid things experimenting in my misspent youth. Never touched the needle. :ack:

Jeff '79
06-26-2015, 6:29pm
The funeral home was packed to the gills.
So sad.
Poor mom...:sadangel:

Sea Six
06-26-2015, 6:29pm
:sadangel:

VITE1
06-26-2015, 7:18pm
We've had a rash of heroin OD's in the Salem NH arra. My kids tell me once a month they see classmates dying or getting busted. :sadangel:

JRD77VET
06-26-2015, 7:23pm
The funeral home was packed to the gills.
So sad.
Poor mom...:sadangel:

At least it was a large turnout for the ones left behind. :sadangel:

My former room mate said it was the most addictive substance he ever tried. He knew it was bad for him but the "calling" was just too strong.

NEED-A-VETTE
06-26-2015, 8:42pm

Damn, Tim. I hope she successfully kicks it for good this time.

stingraymyway
06-27-2015, 8:58am
The guy used to play drums in my basement as a 15- 16 yr old with other neighbors.
:wtf: Is going on with that age group? Jeezus! It's just so tragic.:sadangel:

:sadangel:
Drugs and alcohol abuse are bad news bubba. You can have a kid in church on Sunday and school on Monday. When they become adults, a parent can only hope the values they try to instill, stay with them into their adulthood.

6spdC6
06-27-2015, 9:23am
I’m a bit of a curmudgeon and do not give a shit about someone dumb enough to inject that garbage in their body. It does a good job of cleaning out the gene pool.

My phu*ked up liberal state is spending millions of the taxpayers money to equip Leos, EMT and other people with some product called ”Narcan” Its suppose to instantly neutralize that heron effect and save life’s. All that shit does is save the addict so they can do it again.

To repeat I have no sympathy for idiots that do that damage to themselves, why should honest taxpayer have to pay for their saving meds and hospital stays just so they can keep on doing it and also doing all the crimes to get the money to fiancé their lifestyle.

FWIW I lost a cousin and a neighbor to that stuff and as far as I’m concerned they committed suicide. No great loss! My one DILs brother got saved twice by that Narcan stuff; even my DIL said let him die. He has stolen just about anything of value from his mother to shoot shit in his veins.

Jeff '79
06-27-2015, 9:25am
I’m a bit of a curmudgeon and do not give a shit about someone dumb enough to inject that garbage in their body. It does a good job of cleaning out the gene pool.

My phu*ked up liberal state is spending millions of the taxpayers money to equip Leos, EMT and other people with some product called ”Narcan” Its suppose to instantly neutralize that heron effect and save life’s. All that shit does is save the addict so they can do it again.

To repeat I have no sympathy for idiots that do that damage to themselves, why should honest taxpayer have to pay for their saving meds and hospital stays just so they can keep on doing it and also doing all the crimes to get the money to fiancé their lifestyle.

FWIW I lost a cousin and a neighbor to that stuff and as far as I’m concerned they committed suicide. No great loss! My one DILs brother got saved twice by that Narcan stuff; even my DIL said let him die. He has stolen just about anything of value from his mother to shoot shit in his veins.

Darwin at work...
I really can't disagree with you, but it's still sad when you know someone that it happens to. Or did it to themselves.

stingraymyway
06-27-2015, 3:01pm

True. One idiot can ruin an entire family and everything they've worked for, and not give two chits about it except how they're going to get their next high.

Broken Wind
06-27-2015, 5:59pm

You know, I'm a hardass but you are something else dude.