PDA

View Full Version : Pics for Daytona 500

Frizlefrak
02-07-2011, 10:21am
All right....as I mentioned in another thread, Cricket season is over now....and we can get on to some real sports.

http://www.msusportstravel.com/cached/_images/smartcrop/340x190/93ac76081c88ca3831c33b2ed99b5c3c/college-daytona-500-2011-web-5862.jpg

Who's your pick? And to keep it out of O/T, anyone driving their C4 to go see the race? :)

I'm taking the 24.....long overdue for a win, and with Alan Gustafson on board this year, I think they're gonna shine. Plate tracks are Gordon's specialty too.

Let the games begin....... :dance:

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 10:46am
48 Car:hurray: JJ's the man except that there's going to be 42 other cars who
are going to make sure he won't finish this race:toetap:
After much consideration, my money's on "Smoke" :cheers:
ps: Isn't a C4 going to be the pace car this year? :leaving::D

socalman
02-07-2011, 11:01am
Ok, I have to admit how I chose my driver. Never followed Nascar until the wife put it on the big screen one Sunday Feb 08' while I was tinkering on the Vette in the Garage. The picture and sound looked awesome and we were hooked. I knew of Tony Stewart when I worked for HD, but I love M&Ms, so that was my car. No car research (would've picked a Chevy) just all about Peanut M&Ms. The wife picked JJ 48 as she hates Home Depot but loves shopping at Lowes.

We're 2 brainiacs, huh?

Little did we know who we were picking..didn't even know JJ had already won the previous 2 years.

Fast forward mid 08'- I picked a driver that is probably the most talented but the funniest biggest baby on the planet. He's a complete douche and I love it!

So, I'm all in: 18 All the way!!!

My 5 favorite words I told the wifey all season last year, and I will repeat this year...every race.

Jimmy Johnsons in the wall !!

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 11:06am
Jimmy Johnsons in the wall !!
I expect to hear a lot of that this year.
ps It's Jimmie, get it right, Nascar nOOb:rofl:

socalman
02-07-2011, 11:13am
I expect to hear a lot of that this year.
ps It's Jimmie, get it right, Nascar nOOb:rofl:

Ok Sweetie :lolsmile:

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 11:20am
Funny, funny guy. Mr. Sweetie to you:rofl:
What if we all pick a car, and everyone who enters, will have to pay the winner
or the closest to winning, $200.00 in Barn Bucks. Just a thought:cheers:

Frizlefrak
02-07-2011, 11:40am
Kyle may be the biggest crybaby in the field, but he's also currently the biggest talent. If he could ever learn some restraint, he'd be unstoppable. His problem is he only knows 110%.....he still hasn't learned that sometimes you have to slow down to go faster.

RedLS1GTO
02-07-2011, 11:49am
Kyle may be the biggest crybaby in the field, but he's also currently the biggest talent.

...and he has the hottest wife. That's right, I said it. Forget Chandra and Ingrid. KB wins the wife contest with my fellow Purdue alum Samantha Sarcinella. :o_o:

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Samantha-Sarcinella-how-do-you-do.jpg

http://cdn.allleftturns.com/www/sites/default/files/articles/3454047313_f8f24335d4_0.jpg

Back to the original question, my pics for the race are 29 or 24. There is NOBODY better with a restrictor plate than Harvick these days. I swear having that #3 sticker on the side must instantly give the driver of the car superpowers at Daytona and Talladega.

Shrek
02-07-2011, 12:04pm
...and he has the hottest wife. That's right, I said it. Forget Chandra and Ingrid. KB wins the wife contest with my fellow Purdue alum Samantha Sarcinella. :o_o:

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Samantha-Sarcinella-how-do-you-do.jpg

WOW! She has 3 huge boobs!

Frizlefrak
02-07-2011, 12:09pm

http://cdn.allleftturns.com/www/sites/default/files/articles/3454047313_f8f24335d4_0.jpg

Back to the original question, my pics for the race are 29 or 24. There is NOBODY better with a restrictor plate than Harvick these days. I swear having that #3 sticker on the side must instantly give the driver of the car superpowers at Daytona and Talladega.

Yes on the XX chromosome arm ornament. It's gotta be money and fame, 'cause if you look up homely in the dictionary, wild thing's pic is next to it. He's even uglier than Kurt, and that's saying something.

No on the 3. How many times did it take Dale Sr. to win a Datyona 500?

Shrek
02-07-2011, 12:12pm
MMMM.....I love M&M's....Too bad the third boob drives it!

RIP Dale
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq186/2manyvettes24/MISC/318.jpg

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 12:19pm

Hmm, 23 years? yes I cheated, I was going to say 20 years.
Man I miss those short track races with Rusty and Dale sr.:cheers:
This song continues to crack me up
YouTube - The Ballad of Rusty and Dale (The Bristol Song)

socalman
02-07-2011, 12:28pm
Kyle may be the biggest crybaby in the field, but he's also currently the biggest talent. If he could ever learn some restraint, he'd be unstoppable. His problem is he only knows 110%.....he still hasn't learned that sometimes you have to slow down to go faster.

He did grow up a little last year and finally learned a little patience. I think doing trucks and NW had to hurt him in practice/final tuning time. He'd get in the car and bitch it was shit and then drive it in a wall. Owning a truck team calmed him a bit.

socalman
02-07-2011, 12:29pm
MMMM.....I love M&M's....Too bad the third boob drives it!

RIP Dale
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq186/2manyvettes24/MISC/318.jpg

The 3rd boob will get back to 08 form, win 8 races this year! Mark it down.

RedLS1GTO
02-07-2011, 12:31pm

Dale had 34 wins at Daytona when all was said and done if you include Nationwide Series wins, Gatorade Duel Wins, Budweiser Shootouts, and IROC races. With the unbelievable bad luck at the 500 aside, I'd say he was pretty impressive down in Florida.

He also had another 10 wins at Talladega...

Sweet, where did you get 23? I will always remember Mike Joy with the call in 1998...

“Twenty years of trying. Twenty years of frustration. Dale Earnhardt will come to the caution flag to win the Daytona 500!”

RedLS1GTO
02-07-2011, 12:38pm
WOW! She has 3 huge boobs!

:lolsmile:

I'll take 2 of the 3 for myself... and I'll take the 3rd one's money.

91corvette
02-07-2011, 12:53pm
Smoke #14 is the man this year. Real fast in practice a few weeks ago. Everyone wants to draft with Tony and he finds a way to the front. He will run in the top 5 all day and at the end will win.

Frizlefrak
02-07-2011, 12:58pm
Owning a truck team calmed him a bit.

Agreed. And he's one of the few owners who actually drove his own truck (at least some of the time) and won.

And :rofl: on Rusty and Dale. Hell, I miss watching Gordon give Rusty a little nudge at the old Bristol with 3 to go for the win. You could literally see the steam coming out of Rusty's ears. :rofl:

Taurus
02-07-2011, 1:00pm

My favorite thing to see at a NASCAR race, and I get to see it often;

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/81vette4me/buschcrash.jpg

I've met him and he's a jerk, end of story.

For me, I'll take Smoke but I have a feeling Newman may break out this year.

Taurus
02-07-2011, 1:02pm
I will always remember Mike Joy with the call in 1998...

“Twenty years of trying. Twenty years of frustration. Dale Earnhardt will come to the caution flag to win the Daytona 500!”

One of my greatest years in sports, Dale wins Daytona, Broncos win the Superbowl and my Utes were in the National Championship game. 1998 wil be hard to beat.

Frizlefrak
02-07-2011, 1:10pm
My favorite thing to see at a NASCAR race, and I get to see it often;

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/81vette4me/buschcrash.jpg

I've met him and he's a jerk, end of story.

For me, I'll take Smoke but I have a feeling Newman may break out this year.

Don't worry....you'll see more of it this year. He's matured, but only by the slimmest of margins. He'll continue to beat himself.

Smoke is a class act....I'm so glad to see he's had success with his own team. I'm hoping Newman will have some more success this year as well.

Taurus
02-07-2011, 1:12pm
Don't worry....you'll see more of it this year. He's matured, but only by the slimmest of margins. He'll continue to beat himself.

Smoke is a class act....I'm so glad to see he's had success with his own team. I'm hoping Newman will have some more success this year as well.

If a Ford could win at Daytona, I would also throw Cousin Carl into the mix, but a Ford at Daytona, not likely this year.

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 1:21pm
Sweet, where did you get 23? I will always remember Mike Joy with the call in 1998...

0!”

Well he had his first race in 1975, but didn't start racing in all events until 1979. So yes 20 years or attempts at the 500.

ottawabarber
02-07-2011, 1:52pm
ANYONE besides the 48 !!!!!!!

I am a 24 fan since Jeff started ....

Taurus
02-07-2011, 2:09pm

Rumor has it that Jeff's sneaking a pair of ovaries around in his suit, just saying.

RedLS1GTO
02-07-2011, 2:31pm

Question.

Jeff Gordon gets a bigger payday if:

A.) He wins a championship.

B.) Jimmie Johnson wins a championship.

After talking with some people very close to the team, the answer might surprise you.

Frizlefrak
02-07-2011, 2:40pm
Question.

Jeff Gordon gets a bigger payday if:

A.) He wins a championship.

B.) Jimmie Johnson wins a championship.After talking with some people very close to the team, the answer might surprise you.

No, it wouldn't. He's a 50% equity owner in the 48 team. I know he's an equity holder in Hendrick Motorsports as well, but I don't know the %.

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 3:16pm
No, it wouldn't. He's a 50% equity owner in the 48 team. I know he's an equity holder in Hendrick Motorsports as well, but I don't know the %.
:iagree:
JG's holdings in Hendrick have been very quiet. I also think Jimmie now has
some equity in Hendricks as well (rumour only)

RedLS1GTO
02-07-2011, 3:19pm

The mangy mutt knows his stuff. :yesnod:

On that same subject, a good friend of mine just got sized for her 9th Cup Championship ring. (4 for Jimmie, 2 for Tony, 2 for Jeff, and 1 for Bobby Labonte) :willy:

As a major sponsor for Gibbs and Hendrick Racing (and Red Bull) over the years she has been quite fortunate in that regard. I've also been lucky enough to get some perks from her job and traveling as her guest including spending a lot of time with the drivers, crew chiefs, engineers, etc over the years. I still wear a ratty old Hendrick Racing Engines hat every now and then that was given to me by Randy Dorton :sadangel:

This company also sponsors the Andretti IRL teams.

On that note, I add a challenge:

$50 Barn Bucks goes to the person who can figure out what company she works for.

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 3:30pm
$50 barn bucks goes to the person who can figure out what company she works for.

7-11

RedLS1GTO
02-07-2011, 3:34pm
7-11

Good answer... but not the right one.

I will give another hint. They are a major sponsor to all of these teams in terms of the contract sizes but they are NOT the primary sponsor of any of the cars in either series.

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 3:41pm
good answer... But not the right one.

I will give another hint. They are a major sponsor to all of these teams in terms of the contract sizes but they are not the primary sponsor of any of the cars in either series.

izod

RedLS1GTO
02-07-2011, 3:47pm
izod

Strike 2! :willy:

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 3:49pm
Strike 2! :willy:

Damn, now I going to have to do some research. No more hints?:D

RedLS1GTO
02-07-2011, 3:50pm
Damn, now I going to have to do some research. No more hints?:D

Maybe if somebody else guesses I'll throw another one out there.

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 3:55pm
Maybe if somebody else guesses I'll throw another one out there.

Since our Company has a booth at the Indys here, I went and looked at
our booth signs we bring back to the office. The only sponsors that seem to
be connected to all are Firestone and Honda. If those are wrong, I give up:D

RedLS1GTO
02-07-2011, 4:18pm
Since our Company has a booth at the Indys here, I went and looked at
our booth signs we bring back to the office. The only sponsors that seem to
be connected to all are Firestone and Honda. If those are wrong, I give up:D

Nope and nope. I made this one difficult. Afterall there are some serious amounts of Barn Bucks at stake!! :lol:

Frizlefrak
02-07-2011, 5:15pm
I noticed you said two for Jeff and not 4. That would mean only from 1999 to present.....

Pepsi?

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 5:21pm
Pepsi?

No Pepsi, just Coke, we switched (SNL or was it the other way around?)
If you're right Frizzie, you'll have to split the winnings with me:rofl:

RedLS1GTO
02-07-2011, 5:25pm
I noticed you said two for Jeff and not 4. That would mean only from 1999 to present.....

Pepsi?

Good observation but you looked a little too far into it. The only reason her rings don't go back farther is that she wasn't in the sports marketing role at the time.

...and no, it's not Pepsi.

socalman
02-07-2011, 5:39pm
Good observation but you looked a little too far into it. The only reason her rings don't go back farther is that she wasn't in the sports marketing role at the time.

...and no, it's not Pepsi.

On another skewed note: wouldn't you feel like a douchebag wearing a Championship ring because you work in the back office or sweep the floors?

I think it's pathetic. NFL orders up to 150 rings for GB, and there's maybe 60ish that deserve it (players/coaches).

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 5:42pm
I think it's pathetic. NFL orders up to 150 rings for GB, and there's maybe 60ish that deserve it (players/coaches/ Roethlisberger).
Fixed:rofl:

jda67gta
02-07-2011, 5:50pm
Sherwin Williams...

or Siemens

RedLS1GTO
02-07-2011, 5:52pm
On another skewed note: wouldn't you feel like a douchebag wearing a Championship ring because you work in the back office or sweep the floors?

I've always thought that. It is amazing how many rings various people get. NASCAR is no different.

Sherwin Williams...

or Siemens

Son of a...

jda for the win! :hurray:

Hard earned Barn Bucks have been transferred. :cheers:

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 5:54pm
F&%K ME!!!! I wasn't even close:skep:

jda67gta
02-07-2011, 5:56pm
I've always thought that. It is amazing how many rings various people get. NASCAR is no different.

Son of a...

jda for the win! :hurray:

Woo hoo.....:hurray:

Doesn't Siemens sponsor or provide most of the telemetry equip for all the major racing series?

:seeya:

RedLS1GTO
02-07-2011, 6:00pm

I wouldn't wear one but having a case full of them would make one hell of an awesome display in the man cave!

RedLS1GTO
02-07-2011, 6:02pm
Woo hoo.....:hurray:

Does'nt Siemens sponsor or provide most of the telemetry equip for all the major racing series?

:seeya:

They do all sorts of stuff like that. Without going into the details, in the case of these teams specifically the sponsorship is computer/design software based for the most part.

The sponsorship started with EDS before it all came together with Siemens.

socalman
02-07-2011, 7:41pm
Fixed:rofl:

...and to think, Bens ring was all picked out, sized and being polished. Now Rodgers gets to wear it as a toe ring :lolsmile:

I wouldn't wear one but having a case full of them would make one hell of an awesome display in the man cave!

At least a guy can lie about what he did on the team. 'I was the backup to the backup to the backup....'

wwomanC6
02-07-2011, 8:01pm
Funny, funny guy. Mr. Sweetie to you:rofl:
What if we all pick a car, and everyone who enters, will have to pay the winner
or the closest to winning, $200.00 in Barn Bucks. Just a thought:cheers:

I'm in for Denny Hamlin :above:

I cheered on Davey Allison until his untimely death. 2 yrs later, I became a fan of the up and coming Gordon. I'll still route on Gordon and Stewart, but this year a slight change. I like what I've seen from the Hamlin Hamster!:o_o:

:squirrelrun:

Frizlefrak
02-07-2011, 8:21pm
I'm in for Denny Hamlin :above:

I cheered on Davey Allison until his untimely death. 2 yrs later, I became a fan of the up and coming Gordon. I'll still route on Gordon and Stewart, but this year a slight change. I like what I've seen from the Hamlin Hamster!:o_o:

:squirrelrun:

:iagree: I'm a Hendrick fan, so by defaul root for JJ, but I really kinda wanted to see Denny win the title last year. He put so much into it and got so close.....the look of dejection on his face was quite clear.

I always wanted Mark Martin to win a cup too.....5 times second place just don't seem right, especially for such a great guy.

C4Fanatic
02-08-2011, 11:42am
SMOKE!!!

:above:

Sweet 90
02-08-2011, 11:48am
... but I really kinda wanted to see Denny win the title last year.

But, but he drives a Toyotahttp://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/Jadvad/index-12.jpg:toetap::D
:iagree: I'm a Hendrick fan, so by defaul root for JJ,
:iagree:Hell Yeah. The best thing for Nascar was JJ winning 5 in a row. If that doesn't motivate every other team to win, nothing will.

I always wanted Mark Martin to win a cup too.....5 times second place just don't seem right, especially for such a great guy.
I'll drink to that:cheers: