PDA

View Full Version : Grim Reapper

joesgulfstream
02-07-2011, 7:06am
I think I am starting to see the the kiss of death here.Seems like the fun and games are getting old. :skep:

RedLS1GTO
02-07-2011, 8:23am
Nah.... it'll be fine once people get the Vettes out again.

socalman
02-07-2011, 8:43am
If you remove 90% of the 'what kind of tires' ' 84 or 95?' 'will C6 wheels fit' and my favorite still on the front page of CF 'what kinda polish ya'll using' threads, then we're about equal.

joesgulfstream
02-07-2011, 9:39am
If you remove 90% of the 'what kind of tires' ' 84 or 95?' 'will C6 wheels fit' and my favorite still on the front page of CF 'what kinda polish ya'll using' threads, then we're about equal.
Believe me I am no great fan CF but to think they are any where near equal well this place has a long way to go before you can make that statement. On the other hand the moderators here have got them beat by a mile.:yesnod:

Frizlefrak
02-07-2011, 10:10am
The initial rush of freedom has passed, but know this.....

What will replace it is a resource for Corvette owners, where we can share our knowledge, ideas, and comaraderie without constant fear of making a misstep.

And the fun and games aren't going anywhere either. There's still a lot of fun left to be had. :cheers:

Bronze85
02-07-2011, 10:54am
I think I am starting to see the the kiss of death here.Seems like the fun and games are getting old. :skep:

:iagree: http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab354/rojo1129/turkey_vulture_a.jpg

RetiredSFC 97
02-07-2011, 10:55am

Go to the C5 section, it's worse, just like you guys told me:yesnod:

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 11:02am
:iagree: http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab354/rojo1129/turkey_vulture_a.jpg

Ever think of contributing more?

socalman
02-07-2011, 11:10am
Go to the C5 section, it's worse, just like you guys told me:yesnod: It's a great place if your feeling down and have the need for some pucker marks on your ass.

Ever think of contributing more?

:iagree:

The thing that the mods never understood at CF, at least in C4 Gen, is that we had a comraderie going in there and that not ALL threads had to be about the C4 itself. It's GENERAL, and therefore could be about the C4 owners themselves which may include other interests and a little fun thrown in. Dipshits need to be put in their place. If you want CAR talk only, that's where TECH would come in.

Think about it, most threads in C4 Gen, if you really wanted to crack down, would not be about Waxes (move to Auto Detailing) or Wheel fitment (Move to Tires/Wheels) or any Technical repair questions. C4 Gen would then be religated to only "Look at my Car, ain't she puuurrty??"

Hence the 'C4 of the Month' :lolsmile:

Another rant- can you believe how many people go on a forum and comment without reading? A forum is about READING, not just half-ass spewing your thoughts. Get a phucking twitter account for that ya idiot!

deep breath...in through the nose...out through the mouth

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 11:15am
:iagree:Exactly Dan. I didn't realize (according to the mods at CF) that Corvette ownership was such a serious matter:willy:

C4fan
02-07-2011, 11:38am
Besides all of the above, I still have both accounts. And I see most of the names here who still post on CF. The resources here will be rich someday if we continue to discuss our problems and triumphs, but until then there's nothing wrong with dipping into the other forums resources. This is a great place and if we let it die then we deserve CF alone.

joesgulfstream
02-07-2011, 12:16pm
It's a great place if your feeling down and have the need for some pucker marks on your ass.

The thing that the mods never understood at CF, at least in C4 Gen, is that we had a comraderie going in there and that not ALL threads had to be about the C4 itself. It's GENERAL, and therefore could be about the C4 owners themselves which may include other interests and a little fun thrown in. Dipshits need to be put in their place. If you want CAR talk only, that's where TECH would come in.

Think about it, most threads in C4 Gen, if you really wanted to crack down, would not be about Waxes (move to Auto Detailing) or Wheel fitment (Move to Tires/Wheels) or any Technical repair questions. C4 Gen would then be religated to only "Look at my Car, ain't she puuurrty??"

Hence the 'C4 of the Month' :lolsmile:

Another rant- can you believe how many people go on a forum and comment without reading? A forum is about READING, not just half-ass spewing your thoughts. Get a phucking twitter account for that ya idiot!

deep breath...in through the nose...out through the mouth
See I knew I could get some of you guys going again. :lolsmile::cheers:

socalman
02-07-2011, 12:22pm
Besides all of the above, I still have both accounts. And I see most of the names here who still post on CF. The resources here will be rich someday if we continue to discuss our problems and triumphs, but until then there's nothing wrong with dipping into the other forums resources. This is a great place and if we let it die then we deserve CF alone.

For now, this place gives us an outlet to say what we would like to say in CF but can't. Therefore, I will be in both places but would like to see some more growth here.

To be honest, the C4 tech for as old as that place is (CF) is weak compared to DC, Guru and Action Center. Maybe it's the age and shear post count, but seems for every 'Here's how to' there are 100 'how do you' posts to filter through.

socalman
02-07-2011, 12:23pm

:above: :lol:

WW7
02-07-2011, 12:49pm

If you would post on CF what you posted here you would definitely be in BAN CAMP already. So you had better hope this forum does well or you won't have anywhere to go when CF gets rid of you..:kick:.This happens every year with all the forums, most can't drive there cars this time of year, and until they can get there cars out they start to loose interest in the forums toward the end of winter..Traffic will pick up again once we get out and start running around and have something to talk about.......WW

Taurus
02-07-2011, 1:04pm
All I know is I can't start a Subaru thread over without it being my last..........

Frizlefrak
02-07-2011, 1:23pm
If you would post on CF what you posted here you would definitely be in BAN CAMP already. So you had better hope this forum does well or you won't have anywhere to go when CF gets rid of you..:kick:.This happens every year with all the forums, most can't drive there cars this time of year, and until they can get there cars out they start to loose interest in the forums toward the end of winter..Traffic will pick up again once we get out and start running around and have something to talk about.......WW

Uh oh....I've got a Don Jenver parody stirring upstairs...

"You post on my forrrrrum.....like a troll with a vengeance
like a n00b with a tire post, asking which wax to uuuuuse.
like a polo green ban camp.....like an aqua blue C4
You post on my forrrrum.....now post up a pic....

Vette Jockey
02-07-2011, 4:42pm
For now, this place gives us an outlet to say what we would like to say in CF but can't. Therefore, I will be in both places but would like to see some more growth here.

To be honest, the C4 tech for as old as that place is (CF) is weak compared to DC, Guru and Action Center. Maybe it's the age and shear post count, but seems for every 'Here's how to' there are 100 'how do you' posts to filter through.

Vette Jockey
02-07-2011, 5:21pm
Nah.... it'll be fine once people get the Vettes out again.

:iagree: I had a class in Costa Mesa Saturday Morning and took the Vette. It was 52 F, a little chilly for top down motoring, but that is what jackets and gloves are for.

On the way back, it was 74 F, until I hit Calabases, then it went up to 80 F. I feel great :leaving:

Alright, I admit it, the only thing SoCal is good for is the weather. :yesnod:

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 5:25pm
:iagree: I had a class in Costa Mesa Saturday Morning and took the Vette. It was 52 F, a little chilly for top down motoring, but that is what jackets and gloves are for.

On the way back, it was 74 F, until I hit Calabases, then it went up to 80 F. I feel great :leaving:

Alright, I admit it, the only thing SoCal is good for is the weather. :yesnod:

BITE ME LARRY!!!!!:lolsmile:

C4fan
02-07-2011, 5:41pm
BITE ME LARRY!!!!!:lolsmile:

:iagree: you suck. We are suppose to get another storm Wed/Thurs

nypearson
02-07-2011, 6:33pm
This place is cool give it time, like I said about a month ago on CF it's winter and most of us are hibernating. In the meantime I'm just trying to keep busy until spring, so I gutted my main bathroom had an electrician come and wire it up, re plumbed the shower and am going to close it up in a week or so. Then the tile and so on and so on. I know it's not c4 related but I haven't even driven my car in six weeks.:toetap:

:cheers:

WW7
02-07-2011, 6:45pm
This place is cool give it time, like I said about a month ago on CF it's winter and most of us are hibernating. In the meantime I'm just trying to keep busy until spring, so I gutted my main bathroom had an electrician come and wire it up, re plumbed the shower and am going to close it up in a week or so. Then the tile and so on and so on. I know it's not c4 related but I haven't even driven my car in six weeks.:toetap:

As slow as things are on the forums lately, Im excited to hear about your bathroom makeover...:o_o:.Sad, isn't it....WW

Sweet 90
02-07-2011, 6:51pm
As slow as things are on the forums lately, Im excited to hear about your bathroom makeover...:o_o:.Sad, isn't it....WW

:lolsmile::lolsmile: How true:skep::lolsmile:

nypearson
02-07-2011, 7:03pm
I'll take pics and post.

:willy:

WW7
02-07-2011, 7:06pm
:lolsmile::lolsmile: How true:skep::lolsmile:

At least I got my car out today, it was great hearing that bad azz 383 rumble after not running it for quite awhile, I figure 3 more weeks and the temps will start to be in the 50s consistently... When does it start getting warm where you live Sweetsie , June.???...:D....WW

socalman
02-07-2011, 7:52pm

Careful using electricians to plumb showers. When you turn on the bathroom light the toilet will flush.

Frizlefrak
02-07-2011, 8:45pm
Careful using electricians to plumb showers. When you turn on the bathroom light the toilet will flush.

Hate it when that happens. :D

Remodeling is fun....especially when your cooped up in the winter. I'm always tearing up a room. This house was built in 1975, so it needed updating. Did the kitchen back in '06, tore it down to the wall studs in some places. New cabinets, appliances, lighting, and ceramic tile on floor. Did all the work myself, and on a 310 square foot kitchen, came in at $4400. Had a blast doing it.

Did the spare bath in '07, ripped out all the old 1970's tile and replaced with something from this century :lol: New cabinets, vanity, lighting, shower base, and plumbing. $2100, only subbed out the plumbing.

It's been 3 years, so I'm getting the itch again....master bath this time. Once that's done, going to gut my den / sunroom and convert into an office. I tiled the entryway a few years ago too, and I love the way it came out. I enjoying laying tile, and have gotten pretty good at it.

I love swingin' a hammer as much as spinnin' a wrench. Maybe more! I'd never buy a new home....making an old house yours is just too much fun. The only things I've subbed out completely were the new windows and the refrigerated A/C conversion.

Once the house is done, I can start over again. :rofl:

PLRX
02-07-2011, 8:50pm

:iagree: I've been saying that for two years.

hooked073
02-07-2011, 9:04pm
You guys were on the other form a lot longer then me I am sure. I looked in the other day and did not reconize anyone there. I read threw some of the posts. Seems more often then not people are asking things just to put up a post or get attention. In the tech section seems like people ask something but they really do not want the answer they just want someone to agree with them on what they think is wrong and get a case of the ass if you don't.

socalman
02-07-2011, 10:28pm
Hate it when that happens. :D

Remodeling is fun....especially when your cooped up in the winter. I'm always tearing up a room. This house was built in 1975, so it needed updating. Did the kitchen back in '06, tore it down to the wall studs in some places. New cabinets, appliances, lighting, and ceramic tile on floor. Did all the work myself, and on a 310 square foot kitchen, came in at $4400. Had a blast doing it.

Did the spare bath in '07, ripped out all the old 1970's tile and replaced with something from this century :lol: New cabinets, vanity, lighting, shower base, and plumbing. $2100, only subbed out the plumbing.

It's been 3 years, so I'm getting the itch again....master bath this time. Once that's done, going to gut my den / sunroom and convert into an office. I tiled the entryway a few years ago too, and I love the way it came out. I enjoying laying tile, and have gotten pretty good at it.

I love swingin' a hammer as much as spinnin' a wrench. Maybe more! I'd never buy a new home....making an old house yours is just too much fun. The only things I've subbed out completely were the new windows and the refrigerated A/C conversion.

Once the house is done, I can start over again. :rofl:

You did some good things on a good budget. I spent $5k on appliances alone and $7k on the master bath (had to have a spa tub that nobody uses).

We've lived here 15 years now, been through the whole house but one bath (got a partial, but needs the shower re-tiled and that's one area I just can't get the enthusiasm to do). This place was built in 55' so it needed windows, roof, AC added w/ducts, kitchen, baths (had yellow tubs/sink/toilet in one and lime green in the other). Needless to say, this place wasn't touched when we moved in. 40 years of old awaited me.

Has some cool old wood floors that we ripped out the carpet and refinished the wood. Only bedrooms have carpet.

Now that I re-entered construction after a 10 year absense, I can't stand to look at it so I spend my spare time learning about the Vettes :lolsmile:

Frizlefrak
02-07-2011, 11:07pm
You did some good things on a good budget. I spent $5k on appliances alone and $7k on the master bath (had to have a spa tub that nobody uses).

Yep....Mexican craftsmen make great cabinets at a good price if you know where to look.

I like how you ripped out the carpet.....we have berber and hate it. When it's worn out, I will do the same as you....carpet only in bedrooms, hallways and living room will be wood flooring. I also want to do some elaborate tile work around the fireplace. Did I mention I love tiling? :D

C4fan
02-08-2011, 8:38am
Damn, we spent 10k on the cabinets and counters alone for our kitchen and they weren't very high on the pricey scale. I did do it all myself as well in '09, textured walls, laminate floor (mistake), cabinets, stainless apliances. I enjoy doing it until I get worn out and then it becomes work and these days I get worn out a lot easier than I used to.

socalman
02-08-2011, 8:49am
Yep....Mexican craftsmen make great cabinets at a good price if you know where to look.

I like how you ripped out the carpet.....we have berber and hate it. When it's worn out, I will do the same as you....carpet only in bedrooms, hallways and living room will be wood flooring. I also want to do some elaborate tile work around the fireplace. Did I mention I love tiling? :D

I tiled over the brick fireplace. We have purple accent walls and the red brick looked like crap against it for years. Floor to ceiling-I'll take a picture a post tonight. Oh, and did I mention I hate tiling? :lolsmile:

WW7
02-08-2011, 5:48pm
I tiled over the brick fireplace. We have purple accent walls and the red brick looked like crap against it for years. Floor to ceiling-I'll take a picture a post tonight. Oh, and did I mention I hate tiling? :lolsmile:

I hate to be the one to mention this, but wouldn't it have been easier to paint the wall a different color then to tile over the whole fireplace??..Thats like putting new siding on your whole house because it doesn't match your front door...:willy: Im just sayin....:lolsmile:..WW

Sweet 90
02-08-2011, 5:59pm
I hate to be the one to mention this, but wouldn't it have been easier to paint the wall a different color then to tile over the whole fireplace??..Thats like putting new siding on your whole house because it doesn't match your front door...:willy: Im just sayin....:lolsmile:..WW

Damn Wayne, don't get him all Snarky, er I mean playful again:rofl:

WW7
02-08-2011, 6:20pm

Yea, sorry, don't want him going all playful on me..:lol:..WW

PLRX
02-08-2011, 6:25pm

Me on Halloween 2008

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/plrx/450d6e05-1.jpg

socalman
02-08-2011, 10:29pm

I didn't like the red brick anyway, but the wifes choice of paint made it even worse. Took me 5 years to convince her to let me do it. I'll get a pic up tomorrow.

other than that...Phuck off! :lolsmile:

socalman
02-08-2011, 10:30pm

you too! :lolsmile:

RedLS1GTO
02-08-2011, 10:50pm

Wait a minute... just who are you calling snarky??

Taurus
02-08-2011, 11:18pm
Wait a minute... just who are you calling snarky??

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/81vette4me/mods-snarkey-demotivational-posters-1297225071.jpg

RedLS1GTO
02-09-2011, 8:27am
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/81vette4me/mods-snarkey-demotivational-posters-1297225071.jpg

So are you saying that I am retarded? ...or that I am a black chick? :willy:

PLRX
02-09-2011, 9:06am

I think he means that you can run for a long period of time.

joesgulfstream
02-09-2011, 10:38am

I am sure I am not the only one who hopes it does well including you. :cheers:

Taurus
02-09-2011, 11:00am

If I need to explain my attempts a humore than I must have "FAILED" :lolsmile:

Sweet 90
02-09-2011, 11:04am
If I need to explain my attempts a humore than I must have "FAILED" :lolsmile:

What is "Humore"?:D

Taurus
02-09-2011, 11:07am
What is "Humore"?:D

If it's spelled humore I must have "FAILED" again........ I better quit while I have some dignity left:D

Sweet 90
02-09-2011, 11:15am
If it's spelled humore I must have "FAILED" again........ I better quit while I have some dignity left:D

Well Jon, you did make me an honourary spelling and grammar Nazi:D
(Kings English, OK)

Taurus
02-09-2011, 11:32am
Well Jon, you did make me an honourary spelling and grammar Nazi:D
(Kings English, OK)

Wurks fur meh...............

nypearson
02-10-2011, 8:52pm
Here are a couple of pics of the gutted bath w/new electrical plus one of my train table just for the fun of it.http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad166/nypearson65/Winter%202011/IMG_2856.jpghttp://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad166/nypearson65/Winter%202011/IMG_2857.jpghttp://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad166/nypearson65/Winter%202011/IMG_2855.jpghttp://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad166/nypearson65/Winter%202011/IMG_2862.jpghttp://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad166/nypearson65/Winter%202011/IMG_2861.jpg

ok two of the trains.:)

Frizlefrak
02-10-2011, 8:57pm
:cheers: The train table rocks! :cheers:

nypearson
02-10-2011, 9:00pm
Thanks, built it the first year in the house. Always wanted one as a kid.