PDA

View Full Version : man.shifters

gellisvette
01-04-2015, 12:23pm
What is the best shifter on the market? Mine is a little stock and sloppy. Thanks:hellohi: new member

Chuck A
01-04-2015, 12:31pm
hello and welcome

73sbVert
01-04-2015, 12:38pm
Hi and welcome to the Barn!!

I have the MGW shifter and it is excellent! A little bit shorter throw, precise engagement, hardly any more effort either.
Easy to install too!

Corvette Short Throw Shifter (http://www.mgwltd.com/corvette_short_throw_shifter.shtml)

gellisvette
01-04-2015, 9:09pm
Great info thanks again.

Goodtogo32
03-05-2022, 10:46pm
I have a Hurst and it feels great.

Rikki Z-06
03-06-2022, 11:53am
I have a C6Z shifter in my C5Z. :yesnod:

Goodtogo32
03-06-2022, 12:58pm
I like the Hurst with very short throws with T-handle for quicker more positive shifts, and it looks BAD

snide
03-07-2022, 8:05pm
I like the Hurst with very short throws with T-handle for quicker more positive shifts, and it looks BAD

You're right, it looks horrible. :yesnod: :leaving:

Rikki Z-06
03-07-2022, 8:17pm
You're right, it looks horrible. :yesnod: :leaving:

:funnier::funnier::funnier:

Norm
03-07-2022, 8:46pm
Dug a little deep for this one..............:D

Goodtogo32
03-08-2022, 7:15am
Really thought that one out didn't you

snide
03-08-2022, 8:12pm
Really thought that one out didn't you

Use this https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif to report me to the mods. :yesnod:

Datawiz
03-08-2022, 8:30pm
Hi and welcome to the Barn!!

I have the MGW shifter and it is excellent! A little bit shorter throw, precise engagement, hardly any more effort either.
Easy to install too!

Corvette Short Throw Shifter (http://www.mgwltd.com/corvette_short_throw_shifter.shtml)

I have MGW on one of my C6Z's as well. Like it very much, and not too hard to install.

Goodtogo32
03-09-2022, 7:06am
Lets be honest, does it really look that horrible? Don't hold back now give it to me straight:D

snide
03-09-2022, 9:45pm
Lets be honest, does it really look that horrible? Don't hold back now give it to me straight:D

Honestly, I really don't care. Your car, not mine. :shrug: Would I put a T-handle on my shifter? Maybe. When I had my C5, I had the Delrin shift knob. Is it for everyone? Nope, and that's OK.

Now, about those hashmarks on the fender...

Goodtogo32
03-10-2022, 5:40am
You are right about everyones taste is different and I humbly apologize if I jumped at the word "horrible". I have to say that the previous owner was not happy with it being a C5Z, he thought that being a GS was a better option. He actually had the GS shout out on the fenders under the Z06 's! A heat gun got rid of that crap right away. I'm a little hesitant about taking those hashmarks off for fear of doing damage to paint. Please, If anyone has a idea to get them off I'm all ears.

snide
03-10-2022, 6:50am
You are right about everyones taste is different and I humbly apologize if I jumped at the word "horrible". I have to say that the previous owner was not happy with it being a C5Z, he thought that being a GS was a better option. He actually had the GS shout out on the fenders under the Z06 's! A heat gun got rid of that crap right away. I'm a little hesitant about taking those hashmarks off for fear of doing damage to paint. Please, If anyone has a idea to get them off I'm all ears.

Was just kidding about the hashmarks. Again, your car, you do whatever looks good to you. If you do want to remove them, I've heard that Goof Off works great for removing the residue. Maybe our resident detailer, Norm, can think of something.

:cheers:

Rikki Z-06
03-10-2022, 8:17am

I'd leave them, I think they look good. :seasix:

Goodtogo32
03-10-2022, 11:18am
That's the only reason they are still there. Just when somebody that know's his corvettes picks up on it, it's sort of embarrassing. Maybe not embarrassing its just I'm sort of a purist with my ride. Probably just me. You guys really know your stuff and I'm pleased to meet such motor heads lol

Rikki Z-06
03-10-2022, 11:20am
That's the only reason they are still there. Just when somebody that know's his corvettes picks up on it, it's sort of embarrassing. Maybe not embarrassing its just I'm sort of a purist with my ride. Probably just me. You guys really know your stuff and I'm pleased to meet such motor heads lol

:cert:

snide
03-10-2022, 9:13pm

As I said, your car, do what you want. I'm only here to bust nuts. :D

:cheers:

Goodtogo32
03-11-2022, 6:27am
Hey Rikki, I've been meaning to ask you about your cool seats. It looks like you have more red trim than other I've seen, are they factory seats?

Rikki Z-06
03-11-2022, 8:38am
Hey Rikki, I've been meaning to ask you about your cool seats. It looks like you have more red trim than other I've seen, are they factory seats?

No, original owner redid them, I really like the theme you have got going on :seasix:

Here's my 1 owner Z :cert:

Bluescorvette
03-11-2022, 9:04am
If you decide to remove the "Hash Mark" stripe you can use the heat gun to remove it, just be reasonable on how much heat and how close. I've taken many stripes and body side molding off with a Heat gun.
Great looking Car.

:flag:

Goodtogo32
03-11-2022, 5:37pm
You have a nice set of heels, it's a 04 right? I'm guessing by the stripe and wheels. I put a ceramic coating on mine. Any other work done?

Rikki Z-06
03-11-2022, 5:57pm
You have a nice set of heels, it's a 04 right? I'm guessing by the stripe and wheels. I put a ceramic coating on mine. Any other work done?

04, C,H, I. 521hp 514 torque. :seasix:

Goodtogo32
03-12-2022, 2:26pm
Do you have the stock gear set or have you changed it?

Rikki Z-06
03-12-2022, 2:28pm
Do you have the stock gear set or have you changed it?

Stock. Plenty fast for me :cert:

Goodtogo32
03-13-2022, 7:00am
About mods, all this work was done by the previous owner and this is quirky but he sold it thru a consignment shop and didn't want to be contacted or bothered . That said I contacted where he had work done (heaven forbid he get his hands dirty LOL) and what the consigner told me it got headers, Magniflow, Varamax intake, cam and valve springs, 3:91 gears, and a tune. 485 on the dyno. Really launches hard with a little wheel hop which I have to address someday.

Rikki Z-06
03-13-2022, 9:31am
About mods, all this work was done by the previous owner and this is quirky but he sold it thru a consignment shop and didn't want to be contacted or bothered . That said I contacted where he had work done (heaven forbid he get his hands dirty LOL) and what the consigner told me it got headers, Magniflow, Varamax intake, cam and valve springs, 3:91 gears, and a tune. 485 on the dyno. Really launches hard with a little wheel hop which I have to address someday.

:seasix:

04 commemorative
03-04-2024, 4:51pm
Had the Hurst T handle in my 67 Mustang,loved it but don't think I would put in in my C5's......when I had them