PDA

View Full Version : Perfect example of why I have a tough time watching NASCAR...

ApexOversteer
11-02-2009, 8:57pm
Ok, so some chick got hit with some crash debris and because of that NASCAR has changed the catch fences, and then gave the drivers a smaller restrictor plate for the race. You know to slow them down... because a wreck at 190mph can't possibly put debris into the crowd like a 200mph wreck can... dumbasses.

DropTheTop
11-02-2009, 9:00pm
Rediculous. Here's an idea - if you don't want to take a chance gettin hurt, watch from your couch! Otherwise, it's a risk like flying a plane. I say bring on 200+ - maybe then I'll actually go to a race again!

ApexOversteer
11-02-2009, 9:02pm
Rediculous. Here's an idea - if you don't want to take a chance gettin hurt, watch from your couch! Otherwise, it's a risk like flying a plane. I say bring on 200+ - maybe then I'll actually go to a race again!

The chick could have gotten the same injury at a baseball game.... and yet there's no fence between that crowd and the 100mph+ ball that could go anywhere off the bat...

Neutron
11-02-2009, 9:02pm
Yep, I've probably spent 2 minutes of my life total watching NASCAR..

ApexOversteer
11-02-2009, 9:05pm

I watch the superspeedways... 43 cars three-wide at 200mph is a spectacle unique in motorsports, every bit as exciting as F1, or Rally, or sportscars... short tracks... not so much...

jeff w
11-02-2009, 9:05pm

:iagree: Nascar is just plain boring

wwomanC6
11-02-2009, 9:15pm
Sunday it got real interesting at the end. Two big recks with cars on there hoods! Then Newman who had to be cut out of his car, after released form infield care was crying like a big baby. Please, dont get in the car if your gona cry about recking when driving around w/ 43 other crazy drivers. Shizt happens!

Ok, :rant:

DropTheTop
11-02-2009, 9:17pm
I watch the superspeedways... 43 cars three-wide at 200mph is a spectacle unique in motorsports, every bit as exciting as F1, or Rally, or sportscars... short tracks... not so much...

Been to Dover twice - WAY too short.

BuckyThreadkiller
11-02-2009, 9:45pm
The circus comes here this weekend. I'll prolly sleep through it.

I used to be as big a Nascar guy as there was. They have pussified it to the point it doesn't matter any more. Jimmy Johnson is dull as white toast and if he wins another championship it'll will kill the sport.

wwomanC6
11-02-2009, 10:15pm
Hubby & I are not planning to go to TMS this weekend either as we usually do. Watch it from home. Wont have to deal w/ stupid crazy traffic!

BuckyThreadkiller
11-02-2009, 10:34pm
I wonder how many folks there will be out there? 150,000? Once upon a time they could put 230,000 fans out there for the big race.

I understand this is the end of Dickies sponsorship money as well.

We'll see if Eddie Gossage is the marketing genius he thought he was when Nascaar was the hottest thing in town.

itsaz
11-03-2009, 6:22am
:iagree:
Anybody want to buy a lifetime membership to the Speedway Club?

neece
11-03-2009, 12:48pm
I wonder how many folks there will be out there? 150,000? Once upon a time they could put 230,000 fans out there for the big race.

I understand this is the end of Dickies sponsorship money as well.

We'll see if Eddie Gossage is the marketing genius he thought he was when Nascaar was the hottest thing in town.

:iagree: did you see all the empty seats at Taladega?:willy: That's pretty bad when you can't get the folks in Alabama to sell out!lol

nhra_ta
11-03-2009, 1:06pm
Anymore we just record the races and watch them later so we can fast forward through the commercials or when they're just driving around....... I think the last race was the fastest I've ever watched Taladega. :sleeping:

DropTheTop
11-03-2009, 1:09pm
Anymore we just record the races and watch them later so we can fast forward through the commercials or when they're just driving around....... I think the last race was the fastest I've ever watched Taladega. :sleeping:

It's good for that "oh sh!t what did I just miss!" moment too, so you can rewind and slow mo.

Enemy
11-03-2009, 1:26pm
Nascar is boring as f*ck, only cool part is the accidents

VatorMan
11-03-2009, 3:34pm
I do enjoy the road races.

CBonsall
11-03-2009, 3:34pm
we used to go to taladega every fall, not since i`ve been out of work though. :leaving: but after watching that race sunday i wont be going back once i get back on my feet. the was a terribly boring race. yes i know there were the wrecks, but i dont go all that way to watch a wreck.

ApexOversteer
11-03-2009, 5:00pm
we used to go to taladega every fall, not since i`ve been out of work though. :leaving: but after watching that race sunday i wont be going back once i get back on my feet. the was a terribly boring race. yes i know there were the wrecks, but i dont go all that way to watch a wreck.

Wrecks are better on TV anyway...

ApexOversteer
11-03-2009, 5:08pm
I do enjoy the road races.

That's one of the resons I why I enjoy the Australian V8 Supercars so much. Road Courses and Street Circuits, excellent "rubbin' is racin'" action and on Monday you can actually buy the car that won on Sunday.

Here is Russel Crowe waxing philosophical about the Aussies' version of the Daytona 500, the Bathurst 1000K's...

YouTube - 2009 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 Intro narrated by Russell Crowe

This is what stock car racing is supposed to be. Chevy (Holden) vs Ford, blue collar guys beating and banging in cars you can actually buy.

This is a 2007 race lap from Garth Tander. He crosses the start/finish at the 40 second mark...

YouTube - V8SC Bathurst Onboard Tander 2007