PDA

View Full Version : Dear Comcast

Loco Vette
11-10-2014, 6:48pm
If you give me a new-to-me cable modem/router again, could you please make sure to restore it to factory defaults first so I don't have to waste 45 minutes being a detective? KTHANKSBYE.

Truck Guy
11-10-2014, 6:51pm
First problem... you have Comcast :lol:

Loco Vette
11-10-2014, 6:54pm

:iagree: No other choice tho

Norm
11-10-2014, 6:56pm
Going to keep the comcrap internet, but going to drop the tv part, I'm paying way too much for their not so great service. Direct TV is looking better, my b-in-l just got it installed, looks alright to me and way cheaper.

comcrap has gotten so big now (NBC et al), they don't give a shit anymore, the money's rolling in from the millions of customers, who needs to give service.......they really do suck.

86RAG
11-10-2014, 7:09pm
:iagree:

I did the same thing, kept cable for the computer, but dumped them for tv. I've had Directv since 99 and never looked back!

Truck Guy
11-10-2014, 7:17pm
:iagree: No other choice thoDirectv... :yesnod:

Loco Vette
11-10-2014, 7:24pm
Directv... :yesnod:

You've been to my house. Big hills to the south at the wrong angle. :-(

Grey Ghost
11-10-2014, 7:35pm
They upped my monthly bill $40. I called, they said the promotion I was under expired. They also claim I have one of their modems and started charging $10 for it. They sent a letter months ago saying I needed their upgraded modem and sent me the kit. The kit included a prepaid return label. I swapped it out and sent the modem back. The idiot CS rep asked me if I had a tracking number! I told them - YOU PRINTED THE LABEL! Check your system for a tracking number! Hate them! A friend has Uverse, but terrible reliability issues. I'm not close enough to recv. HDTV OTA. Dish Network was the only thing I ever felt that I recv. a quality service at a reasonable cost.

Admiral Blue
11-10-2014, 8:01pm

Amen to that!

I'd install a 300' pole with a dish on it -- will that work on your property? :D

RED-85-Z51
11-10-2014, 10:00pm
Get your own gateway...call them, tell them to come get theirs and to stop chrging for the lease. All you need to do is call them and have the SSID number on the new owned modem added to the account.

Rob
11-10-2014, 11:00pm
No cable. No problems

I do have 50MB fiber straight to the house for my internet.