PDA

View Full Version : Dear white people

Rob
11-09-2014, 11:41am
Dear White People Official Trailer 1 (2014) - Comedy HD - YouTube

Bill
11-09-2014, 11:54am
The movie is obviously racist. It just assumes that my weed dealer is black.....like he couldn't be white. I mean, just because he actually is black is beside the point.

But I may have said too much already.

:leaving:

VITE1
11-09-2014, 11:56am
I tan to look like an American Indian. Way cooler.

Strats-N-Vettes
11-09-2014, 12:36pm
My weed dealer is black.
My coke dealer is Mexican.
My heron connect is Italian.
My CPA is white.

I believe in diversity.:yesnod:

Blademaker
11-09-2014, 12:44pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5bfCc_8p90

Jeff '79
11-09-2014, 1:42pm
My weed dealer is black.
My coke dealer is Mexican.
My heron connect is Italian.
My CPA is white.

I believe in diversity.:yesnod:

:Jeff '79:

Rob
11-09-2014, 2:17pm
I am about to go see this.

Sea Six
11-09-2014, 2:50pm
I am about to go see this.

Racist.

LATB
11-09-2014, 4:12pm
You could not, and will not...pay me to watch that crap.

More of the corrupt culture. Wrapped in PC. That only divides us all.

I see promos on TV for. Black shows. Hispanic shows. Redneck shows. Jewish shows......

How about just shows with Americans of all types. And leave the cliche stereotypes out?

Bunch of commies. Divide us into groups so they can take control of our lives. Easier to manage the votes if the population is divided. Imagine if the country was united. That would remove power from politicians and media.

It's too bad. And seems to be getting worse. Not better.

Rob
11-10-2014, 6:17am
It was an interesting movie. Very racist. Went with an African American friend of mine and had some great conversation afterwards.

The sword is double edged and too many people are focused on the battle and not wanting to come to a truce. There is money in war.

Sea Six
11-10-2014, 6:20am
It was an interesting movie. Very racist. Went with an African American friend of mine and had some great conversation afterwards.

The sword is double edged and too many people are focused on the battle and not wanting to come to a truce. There is money in war.

*black

69camfrk
11-10-2014, 6:49am

I agree with Sea Six above *black.... I don't particularly care for any hyphenated American term. Skin tone may define a trait, but it is no need to be some other type of American, than well, just American. It is a Jesse Jacksonism, set up for just that, separation. Diversity is just a gig word for separation. It's crap. One of my good friends at work who is well, just as American as me may have Hispanic traits but that's it. He is American. Born here, raised here, thank God he left Long Island and moved to the south to get some manners, I am no more American than he is. It is a culture we embody as the melting pot we are. The division only causes tension, and eventually breakdown of our norms. Just my .02.

Sea Six
11-10-2014, 7:08am
Are they themselves from Africa? Have they ever even been to Africa?

'Nuff said.

You'do have to go back many, many generations, but my family's roots are from England. I don't go around calling myself an English American. To do so would be 100% retarded. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Rob
11-10-2014, 7:15am
Are they themselves from Africa? Have they ever even been to Africa? 'Nuff said. You'do have to go back many, many generations, but my family's roots are from England. I don't go around calling myself an English American. To do so would be 100% retarded. Makes no sense whatsoever.

She is from Africa

LATB
11-10-2014, 7:22am
She is from Africa

American citizen?

Sea Six
11-10-2014, 7:23am
She is from Africa

What are the odds? :funny:

What country?

Hoog
11-10-2014, 7:39am
I'm a European-American by the standard used by most "African-Americans". No, wait....

I'm a Northern Hemispherian! :yesnod:

Sea Six
11-10-2014, 7:41am
I'm an Outer Band-ian from the Milky Way Galaxy.

Hoog
11-10-2014, 8:12am
I'm an Outer Band-ian from the Milky Way Galaxy.
Yeah...you're out there.

73sbVert
11-10-2014, 8:15am
Um, no. Not going to see that shit.

Rob
11-10-2014, 9:57am
American citizen?

Yes, I suppose so. She is a doctor here at Vandy

What are the odds? :funny:

What country?

Ya know...I have not asked.

Nemesis
11-10-2014, 10:51am
White man's guilt. No thank you.

C5SilverBullet
11-10-2014, 11:38am
I haven't seen it, but from what I've heard, it is far from a "comedy."

Rob
11-10-2014, 12:00pm
I haven't seen it, but from what I've heard, it is far from a "comedy."

Yes, completely opposite from what the preview/trailer portrays. The after movie discussion was difficult at best. Neither of us changed the opinion of the other about how we feel about the subject.

Now, I also saw Birdman this weekend and it was a pretty good flick.

Sea Six
11-10-2014, 12:06pm
Yes, completely opposite from what the preview/trailer portrays. The after movie discussion was difficult at best. Neither of us changed the opinion of the other about how we feel about the subject.

Sounds to me the movie accomplished its seedy goal of further dividing Americans against Americans.

LATB
11-10-2014, 12:22pm
Yes, I suppose so. She is a doctor here at Vandy

If she is a citizen. She is a black American. No different than a white American. Tall American. Short American. Skinny American. Fat American. Blue eyed...brown...(y'all get the point)

If she's not a citizen. She's an African living in America.

The African-American crap needs to stop.

Sea Six
11-10-2014, 1:03pm
I haven't seen the movie, and I have this question.

Did the film reaffirm to blacks why they should be pitted against whites, and vice versa?

In other words, was it produced in such a way that a white person watching the film would say to themselves "yes, that's exactly why blacks are messed up people," and vice versa?

Or did it address the issues in a way to bring down barriers between whites and blacks?

RedLS1GTO
11-10-2014, 1:23pm
Imagine if the country was united. That would remove power from politicians and media.

Do you think that if race, ethnicity, and everything else you mentioned was removed from the equation, people would all suddenly live in harmony? That is idealism at it's finest.

Unless you are picturing some mindless utopia, be it something as complex as religious beliefs or as simple as what sports team you like, there are ALWAYS things that will naturally separate people into different groups.

Race just happens to be an easy one for politicians to exploit...

Rob
11-10-2014, 1:31pm
I haven't seen the movie, and I have this question.

Did the film reaffirm to blacks why they should be pitted against whites, and vice versa?

In other words, was it produced in such a way that a white person watching the film would say to themselves "yes, that's exactly why blacks are messed up people," and vice versa?

Or did it address the issues in a way to bring down barriers between whites and blacks?

Why do you let people who are racist get under your skin?

Sea Six
11-10-2014, 1:38pm
Why do you let people who are racist get under your skin?

Who said they're under my skin?

I'm wondering if this film is divisive or not.

Milton Fox
11-10-2014, 2:00pm
Pics of doc? :waiting:

Rob
11-10-2014, 2:14pm
Pics of doc? :waiting:

not yet.... :seasix:

Rob
11-10-2014, 2:19pm
Who said they're under my skin?

I'm wondering if this film is divisive or not.

Very divisive and although it portrays the image that it is attempting to offer a solution to the issue - it only further divides the battlefield by playing off the fact that it is impossible for a minority to be considered racist due to the fact that there is nothing to gain from such activity.

LATB
11-10-2014, 2:19pm
Do you think that if race, ethnicity, and everything else you mentioned was removed from the equation, people would all suddenly live in harmony? That is idealism at it's finest.

Unless you are picturing some mindless utopia, be it something as complex as religious beliefs or as simple as what sports team you like, there are ALWAYS things that will naturally separate people into different groups.

Race just happens to be an easy one for politicians to exploit...

United does not mean all are same.

Consider your reference to a sports team: the team is filled with many different people focused on a united goal. To win.
America used to be a team of winners. We can be again.

Rob
11-10-2014, 2:21pm
United does not mean all are same.

Consider your reference to a sports team: the team is filled with many different people focused on a united goal. To win.
America used to be a team of winners. We can be again.

And we were right after the 9/11 attacks on this country.

Sea Six
11-10-2014, 2:47pm
Very divisive and although it portrays the image that it is attempting to offer a solution to the issue - it only further divides the battlefield by playing off the fact that it is impossible for a minority to be considered racist BY LEFTISTS due to the fact that there is nothing to gain from such activity.

Fixt. :seasix:

Sea Six
11-10-2014, 3:03pm
Current liberal thinking serves to place Americans into one of three categories:

Victim - pick one
Victimizer - invariably, their political opponents
Champion Of The Oppressed - themselves, of course

If you want proof that liberals don't truly care about their victims, here it is: simply point to a real victim who can't possibly be victimized by their political opponents... they won't give a rat's ass about that particular victim. For example, liberals act like they care at a maximum extreme about American gays, American blacks, Hispanics either currently living in America or those who might in the future live in America, etc... but they don't care at all about Muslim women oppressed by Muslim men, foreign blacks overseas that are living lives of enslavement, Iranian homosexuals who are put to death for their sexuality, etc.

The reason: put simply, siding with a class of victims that don't provide political gain to the left isn't worth the effort. They only seem to care about victims that provide political hay to liberals themselves, regardless of whether their policies actually inflict damage on the very folks they claim are the victims.

LATB
11-10-2014, 3:23pm
Current liberal thinking serves to place Americans into one of three categories:

Victim - pick one
Victimizer - invariably, their political opponents
Champion Of The Oppressed - themselves, of course

If you want proof that liberals don't truly care about their victims, here it is: simply point to a real victim who can't possibly be victimized by their political opponents... they won't give a rat's ass about that particular victim. For example, liberals act like they care at a maximum extreme about American gays, American blacks, Hispanics either currently living in America or those who might in the future live in America, etc... but they don't care at all about Muslim women oppressed by Muslim men, foreign blacks overseas that are living lives of enslavement, Iranian homosexuals who are put to death for their sexuality, etc.

The reason: put simply, siding with a class of victims that don't provide political gain to the left isn't worth the effort. They only seem to care about victims that provide political hay to liberals themselves, regardless of whether their policies actually inflict damage on the very folks they claim are the victims.

well put. did rush Limbaugh hack your account here? :Jeff '79: