PDA

View Full Version : New Stabil product ?

ottawabarber
02-01-2011, 10:43am
During Barrett Jackson an ad for Sta-bil was prompting a NEW product for gas with ethenol.
Has anyone got any info or first hand knowledge about it? I wonder why this NEW additive isn't just added to the old red formula.

Sweet 90
02-01-2011, 11:09am
I saw the same adds as well. I checked on some forums, and most are saying it is so new that no one has had time to fully check out Stabil's claims. Since we don't have ethanol in all our gas up here, I won't have to decide (yet) whether
or not to use it. Maybe OB you might be the Guinea pig.:D
Good luck.

ottawabarber
02-01-2011, 11:22am
I saw the same adds as well. I checked on some forums, and most are saying it is so new that no one has had time to fully check out Stabil's claims. Since we don't have ethanol in all our gas up here, I won't have to decide (yet) whether
or not to use it. Maybe OB you might be the Guinea pig.:D
Good luck.

That's me .... hahaha
Too late for this season as mine has been stored since October with the red stuff.
When I lived in Ontario I recall PetroCan didn't use eth.... wish we didn't here. I assume corn farm lobbiests had something to do with it. I really enjoyed my 10 years up there .... nice people good beer and "poutine" ( french fries with cheese curds covered with brown gravy
)

Sweet 90
02-01-2011, 11:28am
I agree, ethanol is a terrible idea. As far as I know, Husky are the only gas stations here that offer an ethanol blend.
Poutine = Heart Attack on a Plate:D

ottawabarber
02-01-2011, 11:35am
Yes you're right but damn nice way to go. miss Canadian Tire and getting a box of Timbits and a double double coffee too.

Sweet 90
02-01-2011, 11:39am
Yes you're right but damn nice way to go. miss Canadian Tire and getting a box of Timbits and a double double coffee too.

Ah yes, a Canadian tradition, Timmy Hooters:D, the best coffee on the planet.:yesnod:

NEVRL8T
02-01-2011, 12:02pm
Engrish, mutherphuckers, do you speak it?!

Sweet 90
02-01-2011, 1:33pm

Why yes, yes we do, but if you understood this, well then we would have to kill you:lolsmile:

Wathen1955
02-01-2011, 2:58pm
Engrish, mutherphuckers, do you speak it?!:lolsmile:

CRUZN C4
02-01-2011, 3:14pm

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

nutz4c4
02-01-2011, 3:23pm
It has been around the Marinas here for a couple of years. It is Green coloured. Been using it for awhile now. Appears to just have a water dryer type additive as the ethanol fuel absorbs water easily.

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
02-01-2011, 5:08pm
Ah yes, a Canadian tradition, Timmy Hooters:D, the best coffee on the planet.:yesnod:

Wow, sounds of home...Canadian Tire, Motorcade, Simpsons,...tell me Sweets, do they still have the newspaper-wrapped REAL fish and chips up there?:)

socalman
02-01-2011, 5:19pm
Wow, sounds of home...Canadian Tire, Motorcade, Simpsons,...tell me Sweets, do they still have the newspaper-wrapped REAL fish and chips up there?:)

Enough for one order. 1 page don't go far.

Canadian News: Cold and White. Continued Cold and White tonight coupled with darkness followed by more Cold and White tomorrow.

Sweet 90
02-01-2011, 5:48pm
Canadian News: Cold and White.BEER Continued Cold and White BEER tonight coupled with darkness BEER followed by more Cold and White BEER tomorrow.

Fixed

Ch@0s
02-01-2011, 7:49pm

¿Que dice el gringo? :rofl:

NEVRL8T
02-01-2011, 8:14pm
¿Que dice el gringo? :rofl:

Yeah, that too. Took the words right out of Poncho's mouth.

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
02-01-2011, 8:28pm
Enough for one order. 1 page don't go far.

Canadian News: Cold and White. Continued Cold and White tonight coupled with darkness followed by more Cold and White tomorrow.

OMG! stop it! Yer makin' me homesick!!!!!