PDA

View Full Version : Corsa Extremes came in today...

Cobra4B
10-07-2009, 9:21pm
Got them from CF member Jack Stein. He only had them on for 300 miles and decided they were too loud for his 550 rwhp LS7 427 w/o cats. Got a great deal and they're in new condition.

Over-axle pipes not pictured. Need to hit the insides of the tips w/ some Adams. I like this new design because it takes care of 2 big negatives w/ the Corsa Indys:

1. It's lighter than stock mufflers vs. Indy's being 80ish lbs
2. It only has one pipe joint so tip allignment shouldn't be much of an issue vs. Indy's w/ 3 joints per.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/cvbowers/DSCF3367.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/cvbowers/DSCF3366.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/cvbowers/DSCF3368.jpg

GB Vette
10-07-2009, 9:27pm
Nice :thumbs-up-emoticon:

Culookin
10-07-2009, 9:56pm
Those bad boys look mean, can't imagine how loud they are!

Cobra4B
10-07-2009, 10:11pm
My previous setup was Kooks LTs w/ cats and Stingers. Sounded wonderful at WOT, but was a bit droney at idle and cruising around. I was putting the car back to stock and was considering selling it but had a change of heart and am re-modding the car... it's just too special to me.

I sold the stingers and Kooks setup and put it all back to stock... still have the G5-X2 cam in. Going to go w/ American Racing headers this go around just because I like the x-pipe design better and they install a smidge easier.

These should roar w/ the cam and headers, but hopefully they uphold the corsa claim to fame of no drone. Most reviews I've read say they are loud but w/o drone. As litle as i drive the car now a little drone will be livable.

WKMCD
10-08-2009, 5:21am
Very cool. First pic I've seen of them. :clever:

DropTheTop
10-08-2009, 12:43pm
They do look very nice. When do you think you'll have them on?

Cobra4B
10-08-2009, 12:49pm
They do look very nice. When do you think you'll have them on?
No clue... I'll have to bug Shrek to use his lift again to take my Tis back off. I was thinking about waiting until I get headers and doing to all at the same time, but I can do headers in my garage and take my time whereas I need a lift to get the Tis off.

I'll most likely do them in a few weeks before I put the car up in the air for the suspension swaperoo becuase I'll take my time on that and work on it when I get the time.

DropTheTop
10-08-2009, 12:54pm
No clue... I'll have to bug Shrek to use his lift again to take my Tis back off. I was thinking about waiting until I get headers and doing to all at the same time, but I can do headers in my garage and take my time whereas I need a lift to get the Tis off.

I'll most likely do them in a few weeks before I put the car up in the air for the suspension swaperoo becuase I'll take my time on that and work on it when I get the time.

Well, I'd love to help and get my hands dirty on the headers, cause I'd like to get me some experience on them - even if it's just watching and handing you smokes and beer! :beer:

Cobra4B
10-08-2009, 1:01pm
Well, I'd love to help and get my hands dirty on the headers, cause I'd like to get me some experience on them - even if it's just watching and handing you smokes and beer! :beer:
They're alot easier than people make them out to be... most of the problems are people trying to buy these crap Chinese OBX things and having to weld and bend everyting to fit/work.

DropTheTop
10-08-2009, 1:06pm
IB4C5BEARSFAN! :lol1:

Cobra4B
10-08-2009, 1:08pm
IB4C5BEARSFAN! :lol1:
Huh? I don't get it?

DropTheTop
10-08-2009, 1:10pm
Huh? I don't get it?

He started selling those OBX systems. :D

Cobra4B
10-08-2009, 1:11pm
Oh gotcha :cheers21:

DropTheTop
10-08-2009, 1:14pm
Oh gotcha :beer:

They certainly do have a nice price tag for non-ballers like me, but I think I'll hold out until I can afford ARs or LGs. :flag17:

Cobra4B
10-08-2009, 1:18pm
They certainly do have a nice price tag for non-ballers like me, but I think I'll hold out until I can afford ARs or LGs. :flag17:
Yeah... I'm a big proponent of "you get what you pay for" however I rarely buy new parts. I scour the forums until I find it used.

ECS hooked me up big time on the coilovers, I found the pfadt sways new in the box from a private party who never installed them, and fond the Corsas used at a heavy discount off of retail. Saved a few hundred even over the current sale prices.

Z06Joe
10-13-2009, 7:49am
Nice:banana:

Peter Pan
10-14-2009, 8:53pm
Nice looking Cat Back, I miss the sound of my Pace Cars, but my 3" Stainless Works make more power:headbutt:

C5 BEARSFAN
10-14-2009, 10:31pm

:thumbs:

And they ar enot as bad as you think they are.

I love my headers and wouldnt change them if i could do it over.

The catback...only issue was the id plates were put on the tips. This is being corrected as I told them the looked like Chit

Great deal form JAck
He is a grerat guy too

Dennis

10-14-2009, 11:57pm
Nice looking exhaust.

OBX headers are def. not as bad as you think. You don't have to weld or bend anything on the headers.

DropTheTop
10-15-2009, 7:37am
:thumbs:

And they are not as bad as you think they are.

I love my headers and wouldnt change them if i could do it over.

The catback...only issue was the id plates were put on the tips. This is being corrected as I told them the looked like Chit

Great deal form JAck
He is a grerat guy too

Dennis

Nice looking exhaust.

OBX headers are def. not as bad as you think. You don't have to weld or bend anything on the headers.

I guess they just need more street cred before people will accept them for more than just inexpensive. Maybe I will be more open-minded when the time comes. :crazy:

C5 BEARSFAN
10-15-2009, 5:22pm
I guess they just need more street cred before people will accept them for more than just inexpensive. Maybe I will be more open-minded when the time comes. :crazy:

true

i am working with them on changes

i have already talked them into offering the new 97 to 00 sets to go with the 01 to 04 sets. This will elminate the air tube issues on passenger side.

i am taking preorder for the new catted version available in November
849.99 shipped 97-00 or 01 to 04
649.99 shipped 97-00 or 01 to 04 with resonators

A C6 Z06 set will be available soon as well as a possible supercharger setup I am talking with them about. The procharger knock off setup for the Mustangs are going to be around 3000.00 for the kit. The C5 and C6 kits are expected to be close to the same.

DropTheTop
10-16-2009, 6:42am
I assume they are high flow cats?