PDA

View Full Version : Sign of the Times: Vermont Town Looking for Stolen Electronic Sign

onedef92
09-12-2014, 8:06am
Vermont Town Looking for Stolen Electronic Sign

BRIGHTON, Vt. — Sep 11, 2014, 9:32 AM ET

A Vermont town is considering a reward for help finding whoever stole a brand new electronic sign that tells drivers how fast they're going.

Brighton's $3,200 sign was so new it hadn't been insured yet. Town Assistant Joel Cope says it was last seen on Sept. 2.

Cope says the police chief used a matching grant to help buy the sign. It had been erected on a street heading to Brighton State Park because nearby residents had complained about speeders.

The Caledonian Record reports the select board is considering a reward for information that would lead to the recovery of the sign.

snide
09-12-2014, 10:18am
:funnier::funnier:

DAB
09-12-2014, 10:20am
hey! someone stole our speed sign!

likely set up on some backroad to do testing by some teenagers.

Sea Six
09-12-2014, 10:24am
Why don't they just put up a cheap sign that tells the drivers to look down at their speedometers?

island14
09-12-2014, 10:26am
Brighton's $3,200 sign was so new it hadn't been insured yet.

Ha!

Bill
09-12-2014, 1:45pm
I hate speed Nazis.....especially Vermont speed Nazis. Hey, Brighton, you put up your speed limit sign. If you want to enforce that, post a cop to ticket people.

mrvette
09-12-2014, 1:48pm
So some old ladies on the street get all upset over some car doint 35 on a feeder road, shit, I do 45 easy in a straight shot, nothing to it.....but obviously slow down if vision is obstructed.....trucks, bushes, common sense.....but there is always some idiot complaining.....I should install dash operated cut outs....

:issues: ornery old grouch here, age 70, watch me.....

:issues:

Sea Six
09-12-2014, 6:41pm
So some old ladies on the street get all upset over some car doint 35 on a feeder road, shit, I do 45 easy in a straight shot, nothing to it.....but obviously slow down if vision is obstructed.....trucks, bushes, common sense.....but there is always some idiot complaining.....I should install dash operated cut outs....

:issues: ornery old grouch here, age 70, watch me.....

:issues:

Drive like hell, you'll get there!