PDA

View Full Version : Noob move on the build

C4fan
01-29-2011, 8:00pm
I spent a long day in the shop cleaning and polishing the alt/AC bracket. Then I pulled the oil pan and oil filter to move them to the new engine. By this time I hadn't eaten anything all day but I wasn't really hungry. I still know better though because I don't think as straight when I work all day without eating. When I was putting the oil pan on the new block I started to put something on the oil baffle which when the engine is upside down makes a nice little flat spot to set things on. I thought, :nono: oh no you don't, if you don't put anything there you don't have to worry about forgetting it. The wife came home with sonic finally and I was about beat. I had just finished torquing the pan bolts and was admiring my work. I pulled the bolt that holds the engine in place on the stand and started to spin the engine upright and that's when I heard it. Clankity clank. Sure enough I had managed to set a couple of nuts on the battle. :toetap: I just thought I was gonna get to eat.

NEVRL8T
01-29-2011, 8:13pm
Ouch!

PLRX
01-29-2011, 8:19pm
http://msnsmileys.net/b/smileys/Badish/Son_Of_A_Bitch.gif
----:ulan:

Frizlefrak
01-29-2011, 9:29pm
The nice thing about this kind of mistake is that you generally only make it once. :leaving:

C4fan
01-29-2011, 10:22pm
The nice thing about this kind of mistake is that you generally only make it once. :leaving:

When I was about 19 I had to replace the engine in my 71 roadrunner. I was really proud of myself after I got it all put back together and it started right up. Then it started knocking. I pulled the head and found a valve cover screw had fallen through and lodged in the piston.

Maybe I take twice to learn.:rolleyes: