PDA

View Full Version : I'm done with Corvette Central

Ch@0s
01-28-2011, 5:05pm
I will never buy from them again. I did not like the way I was treated.

I bought a TB spacer from them on the popular auction site.
The listed the Item as "new". In the picture you can plainly see a gasket.
This is the description
"1985 91 C4 Corvette Helix power tower throttle body spacer. * Adds 11 horsepower * *Increases torque 2 ft./lbs. * *Boosts air flow by 40 CFM. High flow throttle body air foil reshapes the air as it enters the intake plenum to produce more torque and horsepower, It adds higher usable RPM and yields 11 HP at 4750 RPM. The foil installs into the opening of the throttle body in less that 5 minutes with just one screw and fastener. No other modifications are required. Emission legal in all 50 states (EO #235-1). (Except 90-95 ZR1). New, but missing one gasket. "

I really didn't need a description I thought I was buying the same item I have bought 3 times in the past. I know what should be in the box. I didn't read the last 3 words.
"missing one gasket"
BTW: it's missing 2 Gaskets not one

I called and was basically told ..
"well you bought it online and it was in the description".

I didn't buy it from the internet I bought it for "Corvette Central"
A company that I have dealt with for years and I thought I could trust.
The picture was misleading and the item was listed as "new" in the New category .. well new it comes with the gasket.

When I told them I would never buy anything from them again they did not care. There are plenty of placed to buy corvette parts from I will not be treated this way.

NEVRL8T
01-28-2011, 5:07pm
I keep getting their catalog after contacting them repeatedly and telling them I do not want it anymore. It goes straight in the trash can.

RedLS1GTO
01-28-2011, 5:11pm
There are VERY few places that I buy things from these days. I have a 1 strike and you are out when it comes to customer service.

PLRX
01-28-2011, 6:01pm
Did you also posted this in the Corvette Action center, Digital, Smokin, Guru and who know knows where else?

Ch@0s
01-28-2011, 6:16pm
Did you also posted this in the Corvette Action center, Digital, Smokin, Guru and who know knows where else?

I'm in the process.. :D

Frizlefrak
01-28-2011, 6:18pm
I'm in the process.. :D

Learn to read, ya farkin' Texan :D Damn....is there an echo in here? :rofl:

Sweet 90
01-28-2011, 6:22pm

Can't you see Houston from El Paso?:leaving:

Frizlefrak
01-28-2011, 6:26pm
Can't you see Houston from El Paso?:leaving:

Depends how bad the smog is in both cities. :rofl:

Ch@0s
01-28-2011, 6:33pm
I can see it but only with my scope and it has a cat hair trigger. :o_o:

Ch@0s
01-28-2011, 6:40pm

As a former E bay store owner.. I know one thing, when people are comparing hundreds of auctions at a time they tend to miss small details. Especially ones hidden at the end of what looks like a manufactures boring and unrealistic specs.
I think they know this as well. Their solution was for me to spend my own hard earned money to sent it back and they would give me the initial buying price. Knowing that I would opt to keep it and just buy the gaskets myself. This was after the phone call when I opened a dispute. I bought the gaskets for under $10 but this has never been about the gaskets.

Frizlefrak
01-28-2011, 7:19pm
As a former E bay store owner.. I know one thing, when people are comparing hundreds of auctions at a time they tend to miss small details. Especially ones hidden at the end of what looks like a manufactures boring and unrealistic specs.
I think they know this as well. Their solution was for me to spend my own hard earned money to sent it back and they would give me the initial buying price. Knowing that I would opt to keep it and just buy the gaskets myself. This was after the phone call when I opened a dispute. I bought the gaskets for under $10 but this has never been about the gaskets.

Yeah, I hear ya....it should have been more clear in the ad. And like I said on CF, if it were my company, I would have just mailed you a gasket to keep you happy. Things are too competitive these days to argue with a customer over petty crap.

Now, learn to read ya farkin' Texan. :lol:

PLRX
01-28-2011, 7:30pm
I will never buy from them again. I did not like the way I was treated.

I bought a TB spacer from them on the popular auction site.
The listed the Item as "new". In the picture you can plainly see a gasket.
This is the description
"1985 91 C4 Corvette Helix power tower throttle body spacer. * Adds 11 horsepower * *Increases torque 2 ft./lbs. * *Boosts air flow by 40 CFM. High flow throttle body air foil reshapes the air as it enters the intake plenum to produce more torque and horsepower, It adds higher usable RPM and yields 11 HP at 4750 RPM. The foil installs into the opening of the throttle body in less that 5 minutes with just one screw and fastener. No other modifications are required. Emission legal in all 50 states (EO #235-1). (Except 90-95 ZR1). New, but missing one gasket. "

I really didn't need a description I thought I was buying the same item I have bought 3 times in the past. I know what should be in the box. I didn't read the last 3 words.
"missing one gasket"
BTW: it's missing 2 Gaskets not one

I called and was basically told ..
"well you bought it online and it was in the description".

I didn't buy it from the internet I bought it for "Corvette Central"
A company that I have dealt with for years and I thought I could trust.
The picture was misleading and the item was listed as "new" in the New category .. well new it comes with the gasket.

When I told them I would never buy anything from them again they did not care. There are plenty of placed to buy corvette parts from I will not be treated this way.

I've been working on cars since 1983 and I'd like to share this experience with you Greg.

Never say Never, you just never know. Even though the BS VBP did to me, I've never dais Never to buy from them again. BAT sold me 100% crap once on a part for my daily driver and I stay silent.

I wish I had capital. I would start a junk yard and new parts store. All Corvette, Camaro and Mustang. I know I cant go wrong. Then I would move into trucks.

Ch@0s
01-28-2011, 7:33pm
Did you just now read that? :confused5:
Well I hope I'm never forced to buy from them at gunpoint but I pretty much mean it. :lolsmile:

Munch
01-28-2011, 11:03pm
I bought a fender cover from them once.

Ch@0s
01-29-2011, 10:30am
I bought a fender cover from them once.

I have been buying form them fro years. Just last year for x-mas I told everyone in my family to buy me something from there.

PLRX
01-31-2011, 12:00pm
The vendor responded, saying:

"As a goodwill gesture, we offered to refund the customer for the price of the missing gasket. The customer declined our offer."

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/plrx/Funny/Closed.gif

Link (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-general-discussion/2766824-im-done-with-corvette-central.html#post1576663578)

Ch@0s
01-31-2011, 1:22pm
I just saw that they deleted everything. I wonder how much Corvette Central payed for that.

I sent this to one of the mods.

"They offered me $4.95 the next day..the price of one gasket.. There were two missing gaskets.They should have sent me two gaskets the minute I called. I declined the offer it was a slap in the face after all the hassle and the phone call the first day. . Put that on the thread if you really want to play fair."