PDA

View Full Version : That's Just Ducked Up! Driver Stops to Help Ducklings, Gets Ticket

onedef92
07-23-2014, 9:15am
Driver Stops to Help Ducklings, Gets Ticket

NEWFIELDS, N.H. — Jul 22, 2014, 1:45 PM ET

A New Hampshire woman who called police after stopping in a highway median to help some stranded ducklings plans to fight a $44 ticket.

Hallie Bibeau of Newfields says she was driving east on Route 101 on Friday when she had to slam on her brakes to avoid hitting the ducklings. She says their mother and several of the ducklings were hit by a car. The mother died.

The 33-year-old Bibeau called 911, got out of her car and captured the two surviving ducklings.

A state trooper issued Bibeau a ticket for stopping in the median. Police say median stops are for emergencies, and they didn't consider this to be one.

Officials say the ducklings were taken to a wildlife rescue in Maine, where one of them died.

DAB
07-23-2014, 9:17am
Duck soup.

That's just quackers.

DukeAllen
07-23-2014, 9:21am
That cop was a duck head.

Chuck A
07-23-2014, 9:23am
i have seen them also crossing on the highway i travel i swerved not to hit them and survived but others well i seen ducklings run over and well i understand
very sad, indeed

onedef92
07-23-2014, 9:26am
i have seen them also crossing on the highway i travel i swerved not to hit them and survived but others well i seen ducklings run over and well i understand
very sad, indeed

I've seen some hit them on purpose just to be an asshat, too. :yesnod:

Chuck A
07-23-2014, 9:31am
I've seen some hit them on purpose just to be an asshat, too. :yesnod:

thats F-Ed up
very not cool, indeed

syf350
07-23-2014, 10:08am
i lived in boston for a spell when i was a kid and my dad stopped traffic both ways one day to help a family of ducks across.:cheers:

VITE1
07-23-2014, 10:10am
RY 101 in NH is known as the "Highway of Death" due to it's high rate of accidents. Pulling over on that road can mean a death sentence to others or herself.

Mike Mercury
07-23-2014, 10:27am
I've seen some hit them on purpose just to be an asshat, too.

do they get ticketed?

Probably not; instead... getting a couple of free cell phones.

LATB
07-23-2014, 12:28pm
Pay the 44bux. :island14:

Yerf Dog
07-23-2014, 12:56pm
http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2014/07/22/09/07/18I45f.Xl.4.png

RedLS1GTO
07-23-2014, 1:11pm
Yeah never stand up for common sense.

You call slamming on your brakes in the middle of the highway for a bird common sense?

I'm as much of an animal lover as anybody, but that is stupid. She's lucky that the penalty is $44 rather than getting herself run over by a f**king semi or causing a wreck.

Oddly enough, just last week I watched first hand a 3 car wreck that happened when some stupid bitch slammed on her brakes in the middle of a 45mph section of road in rush hour for a couple of ducklings (Bardstown Rd. near Fern Creek for OD's reference).

Common sense indeed.

snide
07-23-2014, 1:15pm
$44 is cheap, compared to the ticket for not having a front plate. :skep:

onedef92
07-23-2014, 1:27pm
do they get ticketed?

Never saw a LEO at the time the actions occurred. Other motorists blew their horns and flipped the bird (pun intended) to show their displeasure, though.

Nemesis
07-23-2014, 1:27pm
do they get ticketed?

Quite an assumption to make. Rich people can be assholes too!

ApexOversteer
07-23-2014, 1:32pm
Man, times have changed...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb164/ApexOversteer/1038/copducks.jpg

Fasglas
07-23-2014, 1:52pm
Never saw a LEO at the time the actions occurred. Other motorists blew their horns and flipped the bird (pun intended) to show their displeasure, though.

Yeah, EVERYONE'S in such a hurry that a few minute delay will be cause for certain death.

:slap:

Bill
07-23-2014, 2:15pm
The lady's mistake was calling 9-1-1. She probably would have gotten away with her crime if she had just picked up the ducklings, gotten back in the car, driven away and THEN called somebody to see where to take them. I'm sure she won't make the same mistake twice.

m and t's77
07-23-2014, 9:05pm
RY 101 in NH is known as the "Highway of Death" due to it's high rate of accidents. Pulling over on that road can mean a death sentence to others or herself.

:iagree:
Travel it everyday it really lives up to its name in the winter with spinouts every time it snows.Jackass's never think about slowing down one bit.:slap:
Personally have seen 2 people die on that road from a single motorcycle accident.Was the first one on the scene and flipping the bike off of the woman and rolling her over she was just a bag full of broken bones contained in her skin. :sadangel:

ApexOversteer
07-23-2014, 9:14pm
I remember all the roadside crosses on RT101 between Manchester and I95...

Gina
07-23-2014, 9:23pm
I don't know how to embed video:leaving:

Woman faces life in prison for helping ducks (http://video.newsfixnow.com/?ndn.trackingGroup=91051&ndn.siteSection=kiah_newsfix&ndn.videoId=26300838&freewheel=91051&sitesection=kiah_newsfix&vid=26300838)

MONTREAL, QUEBEC – There’s something about innocent ducklings that just makes people want to help.

There’s even a beloved children’s book about it, “Make Way for Ducklings.”

But one Canadian woman who stopped to help a group of ducks may now spend the rest of her life in prison.

Back in 2010, Emma Czornobaj parked her car in the left lane of a Montreal highway to rescue a flock of ducks which had somehow ended up crossing the road.

Just seconds later, a motorcycle carrying 50-year-old Andre Roy and his 16-year-old daughter crashed into the parked car, killing both motorcycle riders.

Almost four years to the day after the deadly accident, Czornobaj has been found guilty of causing the deaths.

The defense argued it was a horrible accident, but it seems the prosecution was looking to make an example of Czornobaj.

Sentencing won’t happen until August, but the 25-year-old faces life in prison.

A tough sentence for a tragic chain of events.

Read more: Woman faces life in prison for causing accident while helping ducks | CW39 NewsFix (http://newsfixnow.com/2014/06/24/woman-faces-life-in-prison-for-causing-accident-while-helping-ducks/#ixzz38LgH9pXk)