PDA

View Full Version : Moderator

joesgulfstream
01-27-2011, 9:33am
How to become a moderator here ? What is the process that one must do ?

socalman
01-27-2011, 9:46am
Have a Snarky personality

PLRX
01-27-2011, 9:59am
Send me your resume and you'll get an answer within 2 minutes.

joesgulfstream
01-27-2011, 10:07am
Send me your resume and you'll get an answer within 2 minutes.

I want to show the mods at CF how to be a good fair moderator, that is my resume, that there is enough I would think.

PLRX
01-27-2011, 10:09am
I want to show the mods at CF how to be a good fair moderator, that is my resume, that there is enough I would think.

Joe, you got nothing to prove to those guys http://www.organicgrocerydeals.com/forums/images/icons/ThumbsUp014HL.gif

Now, if you would like to be a good moderator in their eyes, the first step is to be a policeman. Are you law enforcement related?

joesgulfstream
01-27-2011, 10:16am
Joe, you got nothing to prove to those guys http://www.organicgrocerydeals.com/forums/images/icons/ThumbsUp014HL.gif

Now, if you would like to be a good moderator in their eyes, the first step is to be a policeman. Are you law enforcement related?

No PO PO related here, I know they are watching but my other reasons are that I would like to be involved in the fairness that this site seems to express. Plus I have a lot of experience handling different personalities being a formen and surperintendent for a large construction Co.

socalman
01-27-2011, 10:16am
...... good fair moderator.......

Oxymoron at CF

It's all about the coin and being PC.

PC and Car talk never go hand in hand. They want to see nothing but :thumbs: and :iagree:

socalman
01-27-2011, 10:19am
No PO PO related here, I know they are watching but my other reasons are that I would like to be involved in the fairness that this site seems to express. Plus I have a lot of of handling different personalities being a formen and surperintendent for a large construction Co.

You are WAY over qualified :D

Frizlefrak
01-27-2011, 10:19am
You have to take classes to be a mod on SOME forums....

1. Banning people for humor 101.
2. Banning people for calling out bs 102
3. Advanced banning theory 201
4. The destructive nature of online comaraderie 301.
5. Coddling whiny n00bs 401.
6. Cat & Dog Show intervention 403

At this point, you're an apprentice Moderator.

joesgulfstream
01-27-2011, 10:24am

Cat & Dog Show intervention 403

Finished that course, answer Cat nip and Chinese Love Pearls :D

joesgulfstream
01-27-2011, 10:27am
Cat got your tounge Frizle ? :lolsmile:

Frizlefrak
01-27-2011, 10:30am
Cat & Dog Show intervention 403

Finished that course, answer Cat nip and Chinese Love Pearls :D

:lolsmile::lolsmile::lolsmile:

joesgulfstream
01-27-2011, 10:40am
Hey guys I need a quick answer, I think it will but will a 2001 Z06 replica wheel 17-9.5 fit my 95 with a 275/40/17 ? got to act fast about to end can get it for a song.

socalman
01-27-2011, 10:52am
Hey guys I need a quick answer, I think it will but will a 2001 Z06 replica wheel 17-9.5 fit my 95 with a 275/40/17 ? got to act fast about to end can get it for a song.

If offset is 54mm range, yes. Got to watch some of those, as they make replicas to fit 84-87 w/ 32/38mm offsets. Obviously it would fit, but stick out 3/4" further than stock.

joesgulfstream
01-27-2011, 10:58am
If offset is 54mm range, yes. Got to watch some of those, as they make replicas to fit 84-87 w/ 32/38mm offsets. Obviously it would fit, but stick out 3/4" further than stock.
he said it is from a 2001 with a 265 17 tire he says it is a 9.5 but is not a C5 front a 8.5 or because it is not a 245 it jumped up to a 265 it is a 9.5 ?

socalman
01-27-2011, 11:19am
he said it is from a 2001 with a 265 17 tire he says it is a 9.5 but is not a C5 front a 8.5 or because it is not a 245 it jumped up to a 265 it is a 9.5 ?

You confused me a bit here. Stock C5 is 8.5 fronts and stock C5Z is 9.5.
Stock tires for C5Z since this is a 9.5 is a 265/40/17 tire. Offset will be fine.
You can put a 275/40/17 on a 9.5" wheel.

joesgulfstream
01-27-2011, 11:35am
You confused me a bit here. Stock C5 is 8.5 fronts and stock C5Z is 9.5.
Stock tires for C5Z since this is a 9.5 is a 265/40/17 tire. Offset will be fine.
You can put a 275/40/17 on a 9.5" wheel.

Ya I know, me too. The guy told me it was an extra wheel he bought when he bought a set for his 2001 he never used. he said it is a 17 inch wheel for a 265/40/17, it is a replaca Z06 he does not know the backspacing. I want to use it on the rear of my 95 with 275/40/17. this is brand new and I can get it for $45. Chrome

NEVRL8T
01-27-2011, 1:25pm
The first rule of Vette Barn moderating is don't ask to be a moderator. If you know anything about forums, you will know, that anyone that ask is usually the last one that will be made a moderator. You've been here what? All of eight days and you want to be a mod? :rofl:

Ch@0s
01-27-2011, 1:39pm

I saw the CF moderator application once.
I don't remember all the questions but here are the ones I do.
IIRC the correct answer to all these was "yes".
1. Do you hate your mother?
2. Were you bullied as a child?
3. Do you hate watching others have fun?
4. Do you like to ban people and laugh about it?
5. Do you think people should be banned for having an opinion?

If you can remember some please post them.
:shots:

Vette Jockey
01-27-2011, 1:47pm
Too late , I bought them.:dance:

:rofl:

Taurus
01-27-2011, 1:54pm
6. Are you over 30 and still living at home?
7. Have you been on less than 3 dates in the past 10 years?
8. How often do you kick the family dog?
9. Does the person at the drive up window at McDonalds address you as "would you like your usual"
10. How many hours do you spend watch Happy Days reruns during the week?
11. How many Lego sets do you own?
12. Do you sleep on Spongebob or Hanna Montanna sheets?

I could go on, but I should get some work done..................

Taurus
01-27-2011, 2:04pm
OK, a few more.............

12. Have you ever left a party because you felt more comfortable in
front of a computer or performing an experiment (including classwork)?
13. Have you ever been called a nerd, geek, loser, wimp or other
similarly derogatory comment?
14. Have you ever seen "Revenge Of The Nerds" and identified with the
main characters?
15. Have you ever read "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy"?
16. Have you read the entire trilogy (all five books)?
17. Have you ever seen an episode of Star Trek?
18. Dr. Who?
19. Star Trek: The Next Generation?
20. Blake's Seven?
21. Deep Space Nine?
22. Kung Fu: The Legend Continues?
23. Have you ever attended a convention for any of the shows
listed in questions 15-22?
24. Have you ever played a role playing game?
25. Have you ever participated in a role playing game campaign?
26. Have you ever run a role playing game adventure?
27. Have you ever run a role playing game campaign?
28. Have you ever made your own role playing game?
29. Did you sell, publish or otherwise distribute this game?
30. Have you ever attended a role playing game convention?
31. Are you a regular at role playing game conventions?
32. Have you ever published a science fiction story?
33. a mathematical article?
34. Do you own your own lab coat?
35. Do you have stains on clothing from chemistry experiments?
36. Have you ever extrapolated?
37. Have you ever done a least squares fit?
38. Have you ever estimated error using a least squares fit?
39. Have you ever titrated something?
40. Have you ever done a spectral analysis on something?
41. Have you ever distilled something?

NEVRL8T
01-27-2011, 2:08pm
That's not too much of a surprise. :slap:

:lolsmile::beat: Imma git you, boyee!

RedLS1GTO
01-27-2011, 2:09pm
:lolsmile::beat: Imma git you, boyee!

:dance:

Frizlefrak
01-27-2011, 2:13pm
I also give good head.

You busy later? :lolsmile:

:lolsmile::beat: Imma bite you, boyee!

NO!!!!! :D

You've done it now Lee.....You've ired our fearless leader. :lol:

RedLS1GTO
01-27-2011, 2:15pm
You've done it now Lee.....You've ired our fearless leader. :lol:

Let this be a lesson in insulting the guy who can edit your posts. :lolsmile:

:lol:

socalman
01-27-2011, 3:14pm

Unless you've got the Kryptonite

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu84/socalman/Reds.jpg

PLRX
01-27-2011, 3:30pm
This was sent to me few months ago and I save it. It was on google but, is not there no more. It was originally posted in SV.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/plrx/Funny/MODERATORS.jpg

Ch@0s
01-27-2011, 3:52pm
This was sent to me few months ago and I save it. It was on google but, is not there no more. It was originally posted in SV.

all it's missing is a picture of Hokie and Mr. you know who.
Oh yeah don't forget the rennegade.

PLRX
01-27-2011, 3:53pm
all it's missing is a picture of Hokie and Mr. you know who.
Oh yeah don't forget the rennegade.

well, those got nothing to do with moderation. Mr. T would be an idiot as a moderator. Perfect to moderate the WRX forum

RedLS1GTO
01-27-2011, 4:03pm
Unless you've got the Kryptonite

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu84/socalman/Reds.jpg

Go ahead... make my day.

http://vsfproductions.webs.com/photos/CmdrDouglas/MP5.jpg

Y2Kvert4me
01-27-2011, 4:12pm
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/plrx/Funny/MODERATORS.jpgOK, THAT is funny shit right there! :lolsmile: :rep:

:cheers:

joesgulfstream
01-27-2011, 5:03pm
The first rule of Vette Barn moderating is don't ask to be a moderator. If you know anything about forums, you will know, that anyone that ask is usually the last one that will be made a moderator. You've been here what? All of eight days and you want to be a mod? :rofl:

I also give good head.
If your mentality is anything like your avatar then I understand your comment.
you were nobody till we all came here from the other side. So back off just a smigen.and if you give good head like you say then I'm first in line, I hope your knees are not too sore. :D:lolsmile::rofl:

nutz4c4
01-27-2011, 5:29pm
you were nobody till we all came here from the other side. So back off just a smigen.and if you give good head like you say then I'm first in line, I hope your knees are not too sore. :D:lolsmile::rofl:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg81/mikemark/Funny%20stuff/FunnyFatKid.gif

five-oh
01-27-2011, 5:43pm

Dang, Pete, take it easy on the cops, we're not ALL bad!:lolsmile:
Oh, and apparently I was overqualified at CF- if ya take # 3 and #5 out of the equation, you pretty much described me.:lolsmile:

RetiredSFC 97
01-27-2011, 6:23pm
Oh, and apparently I was overqualified at CF- if ya take # 3 and #5 out of the equation, you pretty much described me.:lolsmile:

No they are not. I have and have had cops in family and i know some real good guys who are cops.

I could have used one in CF today. Well I actually PM'd one and I have never even thought about that. But this yahoo posted a private message I sent him in a thread and then said I threatened him. I didn't but I did call him out. I may have been pushing the edge, well I know I was, but this other yahoo was out of control. If I could have got my hands on him it wouldn't have ended good for one of us.:beat:

socalman
01-27-2011, 6:55pm
No they are not. I have and have had cops in family and i know some real good guys who are cops.

I could have used one in CF today. Well I actually PM'd one and I have never even thought about that. But this yahoo posted a private message I sent him in a thread and then said I threatened him. I didn't but I did call him out. I may have been pushing the edge, well I know I was, but this other yahoo was out of control. If I could have got my hands on him it wouldn't have ended good for one of us.:beat:

Just link up the calvary!

Bronze85
01-27-2011, 7:20pm

YouTube - Paulie sopranos Oh!

Vette Jockey
01-27-2011, 7:45pm

Shots Fired! Let's Roll :beat:

PLRX
01-27-2011, 8:55pm

It was not my creation. Read my post. I think that whoever created that poster wrote that because most of the mods there are policemen.

NEVRL8T
01-27-2011, 9:34pm

Okay dickhead. You want to flame? I am game, baby. As soon as you get that stick out of your ass and your sister off my sack then maybe you will realize that I was at CF and banned long before you were probably even a member there. We were nobody? Who the phuck is "we". I never hung out in the c4 section until some of the more pleasant folks from CF came over. If you all want to leave then the barn door swings both ways. Speaking of swinging both ways, hell that's something you should be well accustomed to. Looks like your skin is a little thin, as I am sure your hair is as well. So, Joe, hop in your "Gulfstream" and take a flying phuck but don't make a run at me because you got the truth put in front of you like a fat girl on a pork chop.

NEVRL8T
01-27-2011, 9:37pm

Better known as MaZzing. If you know Sanchez from CFOT then you know who Mark Mazz is. If you don't know then he is Sanchez' brother. And he is a lot more vile, hilarious and down right mischevious than Sanchez could ever hope to be.

So, GulfStream Joe, I ain't your run of the mill Corvette forum troll, I been around the block a time or two more than you and this turnip din't jist fall of da truck, ese.

RedLS1GTO
01-27-2011, 9:46pm
Come on guys...

Most of us are here because of the B.S. at other forums. The folks in charge of this one are doing everything possible to prevent the thread lockdowns, bans, and other crap from happening.

That also means that a certain amount of self policing is going to need to happen. There are still rules. We all joke and kid with each other in good fun. I ask you as a favor to keep away from the insults and attacks. At the same time, if something offends you in this section, feel free to bring it to my attention. We are all adults here.

We are doing everything possible to let people speak their minds but but if it reaches a certain point, there is no choice but for the mods to have to step in.

Lets take a breath, grab a beer, and keep working on making this the best Vette forum out there. :cheers:

For future reference, as those of you who are familiar with me know, I hate having to write crap like this but if it has to be done, GB and the other admins have trusted me with being a mod on here and and I will.

Taurus
01-27-2011, 9:51pm
Come on guys...

Most of us are here because of the B.S. at other forums. The folks in charge of this one are doing everything possible to prevent the thread lockdowns, bans, and other crap from happening.

That also means that a certain amount of self policing is going to need to happen. There are still rules. We all joke and kid with each other in good fun. I ask you as a favor to keep away from the insults and attacks. At the same time, if something offends you in this section, feel free to bring it to my attention. We are all adults here.

We are doing everything possible to let people speak their minds but but if it reaches a certain point, there is no choice but for the mods to have to step in.

Lets take a breath, grab a beer, and keep working on making this the best Vette forum out there. :cheers:

For future reference, as those of you who are familiar with me know, I hate having to write crap like this but if it has to be done, GB and the other admins have trusted me with being a mod on here and and I will.

Anything you say, you power mad, attention grabbing C5 owner. :lolsmile:

You do sound so very offical though. I'll try to be less thuggish.

PLRX
01-27-2011, 9:55pm
Come on guys...

:iagree::iagree::iagree: http://msnsmileys.net/b/smileys/Bananas/Joy.gif

NEVRL8T
01-27-2011, 9:58pm
Come on guys...

Out of respect for you, Gary and the other guys that came over from CF, I will drop it right here, but he was way out of line with his comments.

I just want to let the rest of you homo's know who you're dealing with though. I think I made my point. :D

Frizlefrak
01-27-2011, 11:24pm
Just link up the calvary!

Shots Fired! Let's Roll :beat:

:iagree: It's on Sarge. Link it up and the posse will ride into town and clear out the saloon.

I just want to let the rest of you homo's know who you're dealing with though. I think I made my point. :D

:lolsmile::lolsmile:

PLRX
01-27-2011, 11:30pm
you're dealing with though

took me an hour to find it

at the end, there is RedLS1 with a punchline.

YouTube - Samuel L Jackson - Bad Motherf*cker

CRUZN C4
01-28-2011, 3:23am
Come on guys...

:iagree: Very good point!

five-oh
01-28-2011, 7:48am
It was not my creation. Read my post. I think that whoever created that poster wrote that because most of the mods there are policemen.

I figured you deserved the blame.:D In fact, I can't think of a more deserving soul.:lolsmile:

PLRX
01-28-2011, 8:50am
I figured you deserved the blame.:D In fact, I can't think of a more deserving soul.:lolsmile:

:skep:

socalman
01-28-2011, 9:12am
Out of respect for you, Gary and the other guys that came over from CF, I will drop it right here, but he was way out of line with his comments.

Homo's? Phuck you!

Anyways, does this dress make my ass look too big?

NEVRL8T
01-28-2011, 9:13am
Homo's? Phuck you!

Anyways, does this dress make my ass look too big?

:lolsmile: Not a shade over huge.

socalman
01-28-2011, 9:22am
:lolsmile: Not a shade over huge. I see we're in the same building. I'll be gone this weekend, will you pick up my mail for me?

Oh, and watch the guy in #46 across the way. He keeps shitting in my yard

joesgulfstream
01-28-2011, 10:19am

WE WE WE ALL THE WAY HOME. Smeels like something from Barn Stall # 25. :rofl: Did you swallow all of it to get your own stall ? :kick::beer:

Sweet 90
01-28-2011, 10:51am

Better take a closer look Dan, I'll bet he's doing more than that:D

NEVRL8T
01-28-2011, 11:38am
I see we're in the same building. I'll be gone this weekend, will you pick up my mail for me?

No problem my friend. I will even be watching for any light-in-the-loafer gulfstream owners who might be trying to sneak in your backdoor. :D

NEVRL8T
01-28-2011, 11:39am
WE WE WE ALTHE WAY HOME. Smeels like something from Barn Stall # 25. :rofl: Did you swallow all of it to get your own stall ? :kick::beer:

Nah, just did it the old fashion way and paid my dues. You know, with money. You got any?

Sweet 90
01-28-2011, 11:51am
No problem my friend. I will even be watching for any light-in-the-loafer gulfstream owners who might be trying to sneak in your backdoor. :D

:lolsmile:

PLRX
01-28-2011, 12:14pm
WE WE WE ALL THE WAY HOME. Smeels like something from Barn Stall # 25. :rofl: Did you swallow all of it to get your own stall ? :kick::beer:

here you go. You don't have to suck nobody's crank to be a stall owner. You pay using paypal.

http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/off-topic/6856-become-barn-stall-owner.html

http://www.1q2w.com/funny/chill-pill.jpg

joesgulfstream
01-28-2011, 12:15pm
Nah, just did it the old fashion way and paid my dues. You know, with money. You got any?

:above:It is funny you ask, More that you could ever dream about in your life time. You asked. Oh you can have my barn bucks or what ever there called. See if I were a Mod I would transfer them to you and you could pretend you have money too.

:beer::rofl::lolsmile::dance:

PLRX
01-28-2011, 12:17pm
:above:It is funny you ask, More that you could ever dream about in your life time. You asked. Oh you can have my barn bucks or what ever there called. See if I were a Mod I would transfer them to you and you could pretend you have money too.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=vlmlMak83hGQzE2uA-dhGw&size=l

NEVRL8T
01-28-2011, 12:26pm

Dude, I will be the FIRST to tell you that I don't have much money. See, I don't need to gloat or brag, or express my financial situation through a clever username or post pictures of my "stuff". I am a poor boy from Arkansas with a mediocre education, but I do have a quick wit, a sharp sense of well being and a biting, sharp grasp of the realization that all men were not created equal. I have never let that stop me from being an asshole though.

Taurus
01-28-2011, 12:56pm

Gotta love those Unions :rofl:

A little inside humor.........................

RedLS1GTO
01-28-2011, 1:29pm
Enough is enough. I'm all for letting things play out but it's pretty clear at this point that nothing good is going to come of this one.

I've been wanting to use this picture for a while. :thumbs:

http://www.rcplanet.com/common/images/products/large/HOUPT71-2.jpg