PDA

View Full Version : How do you discipline a cat...

lspencer534
06-05-2014, 7:24pm
who thinks he's your equal, if not your superior? Tank has been AWOL for the last 4 days. When I got home today he was sleeping under the riding mower that I parked under a tree yesterday anticipating sharpening the blades and changing the oil today.

I rolled the floor jack from the garage to the mower, which is no quiet task. Tank didn't move. I jacked up the mower, and Tank moved to under the blade deck, right where I needed to work. I took off the blades, which Tank casually observed, probably to learn how to do it himself. He refused to budge from his place.

I then lowered the jack, more or less trapping him under the blade deck. I proceeded to change the oil and filter and crank the engine to check for leaks. Did Tank Move? Of course not. I had to jack up the mower again to physically drag him out and move him 5' away so I could start mowing.

I have learned (1) Tank is going to roam, (2) there is nothing I can do about it, (3) I'll just have to assume he can take care of himself and that he'll eventually come home, and (4) he's too damned hard-headed to teach anything to. He wouldn't argue about any of this.

ApexOversteer
06-05-2014, 7:32pm
He FINALLY gets it. I'll tell you what, training human beings is too much like work.

Mike Mercury
06-05-2014, 7:36pm
spray bottle - filled with water... gets our cats to move & behave. They hate it.

ApexOversteer
06-05-2014, 7:41pm
spray bottle - filled with water... gets our cats to move & behave. They hate it.

Mine turns his head into the stream and licks the air.

CertInsaneC5
06-05-2014, 7:42pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank

He FINALLY gets it. I'll tell you what, training human beings is too much like work.

BMTI. :rofl: :cert:

lspencer534
06-05-2014, 7:47pm

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

xXBUDXx
06-05-2014, 7:52pm
1: Strap Tank to the mower with a very secure leather harness

2: Crank the mower, engage the blade, and slap that bastard into 3rd gear

3: Drink Gin while Tank mows the lawn

lspencer534
06-05-2014, 8:01pm

He'd like that too much Doesn't seem like discipline to me.... The stupid thing is that he could probably do it.

CertInsaneC5
06-05-2014, 8:03pm
He'd like that too much Doesn't seem like discipline to me.... The stupid thing is that he could probably do it.

Does he even have a 3rd gear anymore? :D

lspencer534
06-05-2014, 8:06pm
Does he even have a 3rd gear anymore? :D

12 forwards, 2 reverses. He copied my tractor....

CertInsaneC5
06-05-2014, 8:09pm
It would be interesting to see how he copied the PTO. Thinking patent here. :leaving:

OddBall
06-05-2014, 8:16pm
Originally Posted by Tank

:funnier:

Blue 92
06-05-2014, 8:56pm

Yep! :seasix:

Fasglas
06-06-2014, 2:27pm
Remember:

Dogs have owners,

Cats have staff.

:yesnod:

Bill
06-06-2014, 6:34pm
I took off the blades, which Tank casually observed, probably to learn how to do it himself.

Why learn to do it when I have a lackey that will do it for me?

:withTank: