PDA

View Full Version : This is why I don't miss CF

Y2Kvert4me
01-23-2011, 11:15pm
Causes for P0101 OTHER THAN the MAF?? - Corvette Forum (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-tech/2763499-causes-for-p0101-other-than-the-maf.html)

Simple tune adjustment that no one will ever find addressed in the service manual.

I feel sorry for the guy, VERY common issue with a cammed car, easy fix for any tuner that has a clue, and nothing but :bs: replies in that thread.

Munch
01-24-2011, 12:10am
Eh, what are ya gonna do? :bilmem:

Tulsa Vette Guy
01-24-2011, 3:19pm
:above: I agree, need a turner.

wwomanC6
01-24-2011, 7:21pm
Eh, what are ya gonna do? :bilmem:

Someone send him a PM with the answer and tell him if he want to join a forum that is really helpful and fun to come join the Barn! :o_o:

:squirrelrun:

Y2Kvert4me
01-24-2011, 7:32pm
OP finally got the correct answer today.

Russ K is one of the knowledgeable "good guys" over there still helping people with straight answers.

:cheers:

wwomanC6
01-24-2011, 7:39pm
Good deal!:cheers:

I sent him a PM anyway! :D

Fastguy
01-25-2011, 11:33pm
Ah yes, the old "get the service manual" reply, tried and true response of the smug self-important asshat.

pluslt
02-10-2011, 3:48pm
Agree 100%. It isn't relegated just to CF though. I saw recently where someone posted that since the prices of C5s have dropped, more rif raf is being allowed to own the cars that were only intended for the "elite". I am paraphrasing a bit, but that was the basic nature of the response. Made me wanna :beat:

Red09C6
07-26-2011, 7:54pm
I'm new to this forum but the reason I'm here is that after more then 10 years on the "other guys place" I gave up. Those type of responses are so common there, when I asked for help finding out about a friend that seems to have disappeared after Jan 2010, they had mostly BS comments, even after I asked they stop it reasoning that something may have happened to the person (he was a member for 9 years). Only one person had a positive response to the thread and he recommended this forum...so here I am...hope you don't mind:)

simpleman68
08-02-2011, 8:51pm
I'm new to this forum but the reason I'm here is that after more then 10 years on the "other guys place" I gave up. Those type of responses are so common there, when I asked for help finding out about a friend that seems to have disappeared after Jan 2010, they had mostly BS comments, even after I asked they stop it reasoning that something may have happened to the person (he was a member for 9 years). Only one person had a positive response to the thread and he recommended this forum...so here I am...hope you don't mind:)

:seeya: :cheers:
You're also right down the street from a couple of the best Vette tuner/builders on the East Coast.
ECS and Anger Mgmt Racing.
Scott

Scissors
08-03-2011, 5:19am
Ah yes, the old "get the service manual" reply, tried and true response of the smug self-important asshat.
:lol:

Scissors
08-03-2011, 5:21am
Agree 100%. It isn't relegated just to CF though. I saw recently where someone posted that since the prices of C5s have dropped, more rif raf is being allowed to own the cars that were only intended for the "elite". I am paraphrasing a bit, but that was the basic nature of the response. Made me wanna :beat:

Pretty soon white guys with mullets with own them. :(