PDA

View Full Version : Follow the Money: More 9/11 Shakedowns

Bill
12-14-2013, 4:02pm
Cantor Fitzgerald, American Airlines settle lawsuit over 9/11 attacks

The deal between the airlines and the company was announced Thursday to Manhattan Federal Court Judge Alvin Hellerstein, but no dollar amount was given. Cantor Fitzgerald, which occupied the top of the World Trade Center’s north tower, had accused the airline of negligence for allowing the terrorists to board and hijack its plane.

By Shayna Jacobs / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Saturday, December 14, 2013, 3:41 AM

An American Airlines plane hijacked by terrorists crashed into the World Trade Center's north tower on Sept. 11, 2001.

Cantor Fitzgerald and American Airlines have settled a massive lawsuit over the 9/11 attacks. The deal was announced Thursday to Manhattan Federal Court Judge Alvin Hellerstein, although the dollar amount was not revealed and is not official.

Cantor Fitzgerald occupied the top of the World Trade Center’s north tower with 658 employees when American Airlines Flight 11 struck the building. The firm had accused the airline of negligence for allowing the terrorists to board and hijack its plane.

Read more: Cantor Fitzgerald, American Airlines settle lawsuit over 9/11 attacks - NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/airline-settles-wtc-firm-article-1.1547587#ixzz2nU7RGobO)

I have two big problems with this.

Problem 1: In addition to all the insurance money paid out to every conceivable victim of 9/11, I thought the US taxpayers also ponied up lots of money to make all kinds of new millionaires out of the families of the deceased and injured, specifically to prevent specious lawsuits like this from being filed in the first place. IOW, the terror attack was brought on by US foreign policy, so the government (via the taxpayers) paid the tab for all the damages.

Problem 2: How the **** was American Airlines negligent? Boxcutters were ALLOWED on the planes. The hijackers were NOT prohibited from flying. Exactly what did American do wrong? That would be like me being carjacked, then the guy the carjacker runs over (with my car) suing me. Hey, I'm a victim, too. I don't owe that guy anything, and American didn't owe Cantor Fitzgerald anything, either. I'm sorry a bad thing happened to them, but maybe they should have sued Bin Ladin, or at least sued Saudi Arabia.

Suing American? Shows what kind of people they are, screwing over fellow victims.

[end rant]

Dan Dlabay
12-14-2013, 7:09pm
I have two big problems with this.

Problem 1: In addition to all the insurance money paid out to every conceivable victim of 9/11, I thought the US taxpayers also ponied up lots of money to make all kinds of new millionaires out of the families of the deceased and injured, specifically to prevent specious lawsuits like this from being filed in the first place. IOW, the terror attack was brought on by US foreign policy, so the government (via the taxpayers) paid the tab for all the damages.

Problem 2: How the **** was American Airlines negligent? Boxcutters were ALLOWED on the planes. The hijackers were NOT prohibited from flying. Exactly what did American do wrong? That would be like me being carjacked, then the guy the carjacker runs over (with my car) suing me. Hey, I'm a victim, too. I don't owe that guy anything, and American didn't owe Cantor Fitzgerald anything, either. I'm sorry a bad thing happened to them, but maybe they should have sued Bin Ladin, or at least sued Saudi Arabia.

Suing American? Shows what kind of people they are, screwing over fellow victims.

[end rant]

:iagree: Sounds like somebody and lawyers out to make a buck.

DropTheTop
12-14-2013, 7:14pm
Unfeckingbelievable. :crazy:

Jeff '79
12-14-2013, 9:14pm
One of the kid's who is over visiting tonight, here in Long Island, dad works for Cantor.
I actually mentioned to him earlier how lucky his dad was to escape.
He said he was out of the office that day, and then he went on to mention the lawsuit win.
Then I just see this thread.
Wow.

Bill
12-14-2013, 9:41pm
One of the kid's who is over visiting tonight, here in Long Island, dad works for Cantor.
I actually mentioned to him earlier how lucky his dad was to escape.
He said he was out of the office that day, and then he went on to mention the lawsuit win.
Then I just see this thread.
Wow.

So, how much payola will the kid's dad see out of this windfall? And how much payola did they already receive from us, the taxpayers? How much would be enough?

Jeff '79
12-14-2013, 9:47pm
So, how much payola will the kid's dad see out of this windfall? And how much payola did they already receive from us, the taxpayers? How much would be enough?

I didn't ask. I would think nothing because he got to live.