PDA

View Full Version : Newtown Police Issue Chilling Communique Against Freedom

Bill
12-14-2013, 3:42pm
http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/No-Welcome-mat-for-press-in-Newtown-5063598.php

No 'Welcome' mat for press in Newtown

Bill Cummings and Robert Miller

Published 10:16 pm, Friday, December 13, 2013

Still suffering from the devastating Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre exactly a year ago, Newtown is trying to shield itself from the fierce and sometimes unmerciful eyes of the media.

To avoid the potential crush of media on the town's picturesque New England streets, police are increasing patrols and have threatened to tow or ticket satellite trucks and media vehicles if a throng of reporters descend on the town like it did a year ago.

It's a move that could set up a Constitutional battle over the rights of a free press and the town's long-held desire to keep its mourning private.

"Whatever comes our way, we'll be able to handle it,'' said Newtown Police Chief Michael Kehoe on Friday.

But the national media, which camped out for weeks after the Dec. 14, 2012, shootings that claimed 20 first-graders and six adults, have mostly said they will keep away. No memorials or vigils are scheduled for the media to cover -- a strategic move town officials hope will keep the media at bay. And a snowstorm expected by morning could further curtail a media incursion.

The blanket pledge not to intrude by the national media -- CNN, ABC, NBC, Fox and so on -- is unprecedented, along with the fact that Newtown isn't planning a formal event to remember its victims. After every other major disaster in recent memory -- the Oklahoma City bombings, 9/11 and the Columbine High School tragedy, to name a few -- each community marked the one-year anniversary with a solemn ceremony.

Note, they didn't say they would zealously enforce the traffic laws.....they said, if you come, we will ticket and tow, period. WTF is this arrogant ass police chief to issue blanket threats?

This is what happens when the Constitution turns out to be just a God-damned piece of paper. It's sad when you use one tragedy to justify another tragedy.

DAB
12-14-2013, 3:45pm
fine, mourn in private, and while you and others are at it, stop trying to grab my guns and limit my liberty. and stop telling the world that you are building a new school.

i think barney needs to take a course on the bill of rights.

Sea Six
12-14-2013, 3:58pm
I don't even recognize this ****ing country anymore.

Blademaker
12-14-2013, 4:20pm

Amen, comrade. :seasix:

Nemesis
12-14-2013, 5:34pm
what are the reporters going to say? 'it's been a year since you lost your child. how do you feel?' good. get them the fcuk out of here.

Nox
12-14-2013, 6:24pm
Good. The less press the better. Every time they reopen the wound, some liberal politician uses it as a personal soapbox to reopen the gun debate. In this case, I say /case closed.

Sea Six
12-14-2013, 6:26pm
Good. The less press the better. Every time they reopen the wound, some liberal politician uses it as a personal soapbox to reopen the gun debate. In this case, I say /case closed.

Trading the first for the second and calling it even just don't sit with me well.

:seasix:

Nox
12-14-2013, 6:36pm
Trading the first for the second and calling it even just don't sit with me well.

:seasix:

I'm not trading shit. Let's just say I prefer to not give the liberal politicians a forum to spew their drivel. I suppose the manner and way the Neutron Police stated it made it sound like an erosion of first amendment rights. Maybe the chief should have said, "the liberal news media who spin and slant everything is welcome, just don't use this solemn occasion to advance your anti-gun agenda." The news media is not your friend.

DAB
12-14-2013, 6:38pm
Politicians are not afraid of taking your rights no matter the forum available.

"Congress shall make no law...."

69camfrk
12-14-2013, 6:42pm
I may get smoke checked over this, but I'm not so sure that Newtown ever really happened. The .gov and the media can manipulate whatever they want. There are a hell of a lot of inconsistencies in reporting, and the reaction of the people absolutely didn't match up with the tragedy. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll be a damn if I would laugh and joke after the death of one of my children. It doesn't add up. For instance.....

Robbie Parker Fake Actor Sandy Hook Shooting - YouTube

Giraffe (He/Him)
12-14-2013, 7:04pm

You're not old enough to remember when it was any ****ing different.

Sea Six
12-14-2013, 7:07pm
I'm not trading shit. Let's just say I prefer to not give the liberal politicians a forum to spew their drivel. I suppose the manner and way the Neutron Police stated it made it sound like an erosion of first amendment rights. Maybe the chief should have said, "the liberal news media who spin and slant everything is welcome, just don't use this solemn occasion to advance your anti-gun agenda." The news media is not your friend.

The only way the first amendment works is if anyone can say any damned fool thing they want, unobstructed.

This time, the local LE says the liberal pro-gun grabbing media has got to GTFO.

Next time, some POS administration decides that FoxNews is no longer welcome at the White House Press Corps.

You ok with that?

:waiting:

Nox
12-14-2013, 7:26pm
Next time, some POS administration decides that FoxNews is no longer welcome at the White House Press Corps.

You ok with that?

Hell, I would call that a win-win. :cert:

Sea Six
12-14-2013, 8:06pm
:lol:

Bill
12-14-2013, 9:38pm
Maybe I didn't state my problem with this clearly enough. What if, instead of declaring that the media would be stopped, ticketed and towed if they dared to set foot in town, the chief had instead said, anyone driving a Corvette into our town will be stopped, ticketed, and towed.

So, there you are, Mr. Law Abiding Vette Owner, your tags are good, you are belted in, not drinking, and observing all traffic laws, when wham, you are stopped, harassed, and robbed (ticketed/towed/impoundfees) because you dared to assert your right to drive your Vette down a public street. What if he had just said, hey, if you are black, we will just ticket and tow you for that? We don't need no stinkin' laws broken, we just stop you anyway.

That sound OK to anyone?

NeedSpeed
12-14-2013, 9:49pm
There are way too many "holier than thou" chiefs in small towns across the country. They think they ARE the law.

Sea Six
12-14-2013, 10:00pm
Maybe I didn't state my problem with this clearly enough. What if, instead of declaring that the media would be stopped, ticketed and towed if they dared to set foot in town, the chief had instead said, anyone driving a Corvette into our town will be stopped, ticketed, and towed.

So, there you are, Mr. Law Abiding Vette Owner, your tags are good, you are belted in, not drinking, and observing all traffic laws, when wham, you are stopped, harassed, and robbed (ticketed/towed/impoundfees) because you dared to assert your right to drive your Vette down a public street. What if he had just said, hey, if you are black, we will just ticket and tow you for that? We don't need no stinkin' laws broken, we just stop you anyway.

That sound OK to anyone?

Well.

Now that you've dragged Corvettes into this, why, no.

No, I'm not ok with that.

Craig
12-14-2013, 10:01pm
The only way the first amendment works is if anyone can say any damned fool thing they want, unobstructed.

This time, the local LE says the liberal pro-gun grabbing media has got to GTFO.

You ok with that?

You both make good points here. The chief isn't saying the press can't come here and report (BTW, there's nothing to report), he's just saying he's not going to make it easy for the vulture-press to unnecessarily abuse his community, and their feelings and privacy, to whip their viewers into a new, unnecessary, emotional drama-fest; he's protecting his community from opportunistic a-holes there to boost their ratings.

ZipZap
12-14-2013, 10:05pm
I may get smoke checked over this, but I'm not so sure that Newtown ever really happened.

I have no idea what smoke checked means, but you are definitely off the reservation on this one.

Sea Six
12-14-2013, 10:16pm
You both make good points here. The chief isn't saying the press can't come here and report (BTW, there's nothing to report), he's just saying he's not going to make it easy for the vulture-press to unnecessarily abuse his community, and their feelings and privacy, to whip their viewers into a new, unnecessary, emotional drama-fest; he's protecting his community from opportunistic a-holes there to boost their ratings.

I.e., he's obstructing their ability to come in there and report.

Thereby interfering with their first amendment rights.

Sea Six
12-14-2013, 10:21pm
Let's flip this around.

There is a town somewhere in Colorado that has passed laws making a mockery of the Second Amendment.

The chief of police there says anyone who wants to expose all of the abuses of the right to keep and bear arms can report... but only by writing on parchment paper, and delivered out of the city by Pony Express. After all, the feelings of surviving victims of a family that has been the focus and indeed, the inspiration of these laws is at stake.

By Craig's logic, he'd be ok with this.

69camfrk
12-14-2013, 10:33pm
I have no idea what smoke checked means, but you are definitely off the reservation on this one.

As in flame suit on. Do some digging on it. There is enough shit out there that will make you believe it was staged. Don't get me wrong, my wife is VT alumni, and that shit absolutely went down. However, I don't see how anyone affected by this tragedy could smile. If you looked at the video, which is public record, why in the hell did he have to work himself up to look sad. Also, do a search on victim's family members. Way too much laughter to make me feel like it happened. For example, just on the Pepsi commercial with supposedly Jeff Gordon driving. Hell, that's the ONLY thing that made it remotely funny. People are easily manipulated. Too many facts are missing to make me think that Newtown was the real deal. If it was, obviously my heart goes out to the families. But, there were Facebook posts starting a few days before the "event" starting memorials for the victims. I'm just a little weirded out by the whole thing. It's also hard for me to believe that some punk kid got in as many kill shots as he did. I really don't want to be the tin foil hat type either. Obviously, I don't believe everything that is on the internet, so take it for what it's worth.

Sandy Hook Murder: Real Event vs FEMA/Homeland Security Simulation (http://adventofdeception.com/sandy-hook-sacrifice-deception/)

Craig
12-14-2013, 10:35pm
Sea Six, I absolutely see your point; but we have to rely on everyone to use good judgement...which we absolutely can't count on. So, since there's nothing there to report, and the press is only there to stir up nonsense at the expense of a bunch of grieving families, to promote their own liberal views (verses actually reporting news), I'm perfectly fine with a local public official, using whatever legal means possible, to make the lives of a bunch of scum-bag reporters, miserable, to do their Constitutionally protected job.

Sea Six
12-14-2013, 10:36pm
As in flame suit on. Do some digging on it. There is enough shit out there that will make you believe it was staged. Don't get me wrong, my wife is VT alumni, and that shit absolutely went down. However, I don't see how anyone affected by this tragedy could smile. If you looked at the video, which is public record, why in the hell did he have to work himself up to look sad. Also, do a search on victim's family members. Way too much laughter to make me feel like it happened. For example, just on the Pepsi commercial with supposedly Jeff Gordon driving. Hell, that's the ONLY thing that made it remotely funny. People are easily manipulated. Too many facts are missing to make me think that Newtown was the real deal. If it was, obviously my heart goes out to the families. But, there were Facebook posts starting a few days before the "event" starting memorials for the victims. I'm just a little weirded out by the whole thing. It's also hard for me to believe that some punk kid got in as many kill shots as he did. I really don't want to be the tin foil hat type either. Obviously, I don't believe everything that is on the internet, so take it for what it's worth.

Sandy Hook Murder: Real Event vs FEMA/Homeland Security Simulation (http://adventofdeception.com/sandy-hook-sacrifice-deception/)

:iagree:

The Holocaust never happened either.

And backwards masking is real. :eek:

Sea Six
12-14-2013, 10:38pm
Sea Six, I absolutely see your point; but we have to rely on everyone to use good judgement...which we absolutely can't count on. So, since there's nothing there to report, and the press is only there to stir up nonsense at the expense of a bunch of grieving families, to promote their own liberal views (verses actually reporting news), I'm perfectly fine with a local public official, using whatever legal means possible, to make the lives of a bunch of scum-bag reporters, miserable, to do their Constitutionally protected job.

I hear what you're saying. I honestly do. And I'm on your side as far as why the media wants to get in there.

I just draw the line at no interference with the 1st amendment, in any way shape or form. IMHO I see this as such.

And as much as I'd like to shove a red hot poker up the asses of anyone protesting at a veteran's funeral, I can't find a way to justify doing so without encroaching on their right to say whatever they want.

:cert:

Craig
12-14-2013, 10:42pm
Understood. They can still do their job, but they're reporters, I like it when they're miserable.

Sea Six
12-14-2013, 10:43pm
Understood. They can still do their job, but they're reporters, I like it when they're miserable.

Throw all the lawyers in there too, and I'll convert to your side of the argument.

Craig
12-14-2013, 10:45pm
Indeed.

69camfrk
12-14-2013, 10:46pm

Don't even tempt me there. I'm as good a student of history as they get. The holocaust was as real as it gets. I try to read news from as many sources as are out there. However, the "father" laughing and joking before giving his interview really made me wonder. Newtown could be as real as the sun coming up in the morning, but the information out there makes me wonder. I don't particularly trust the .gov or the media. Either way, it's a crazy world we live in. I just question the .gov's motives.

JRD77VET
12-14-2013, 10:52pm
Don't even tempt me there. I'm as good a student of history as they get. The holocaust was as real as it gets. I try to read news from as many sources as are out there. However, the "father" laughing and joking before giving his interview really made me wonder. Newtown could be as real as the sun coming up in the morning, but the information out there makes me wonder. I don't particularly trust the .gov or the media. Either way, it's a crazy world we live in. I just question the .gov's motives.

The Red Cross fund was set up the day before the event.

69camfrk
12-14-2013, 10:56pm
The Red Cross fund was set up the day before the event.

My point exactly.

Craig
12-14-2013, 11:06pm
I just question the .gov's motives.

In the year since, the majority of states' laws passed, have been in favor of gun ownership freedom. So if there's some kind of coordinated government conspiritorial movement to foist something really unpopular on its citizens, then I've got to say, this government must be really uninformed, out of touch, and incompitent, in implementing its nefarious agenda...

...oh, wait...

JRD77VET
12-14-2013, 11:10pm
In the year since, the majority of states' laws passed, have been in favor of gun ownership freedom. So if there's some kind of coordinated government conspiritorial movement to foist something really unpopular on its citizens, then I've got to say, this government must be really uninformed, out of touch, and incompitent, in implementing its nefarious agenda...

...oh, wait...

"embrace the suck"

Craig
12-14-2013, 11:17pm
Indeed.

ft laud mike
12-15-2013, 8:44am
fine, mourn in private, and while you and others are at it, stop trying to grab my guns and limit my liberty. and stop telling the world that you are building a new school.

i think barney needs to take a course on the bill of rights.

But the tard media is going to sensationalize this all over again, go around asking everone how they feel a year later? Sounds like pulling at heartstring to further the agenda of taking away firearms

DAB
12-15-2013, 9:05am
"No comment". Slam door.

VITE1
12-15-2013, 9:12am
The Newton police over stepped their authority in a big way. I hope Civil liberties groups go after them.

While I agree with their reasons they are undermining the freedoms we hold dear. But this is CT and they have undermined peoples freedom for decades.

Fasglas
12-15-2013, 12:00pm
And as much as I'd like to shove a red hot poker up the asses of anyone protesting at a veteran's funeral, I can't find a way to justify doing so without encroaching on their right to say whatever they want.

:cert:

There is a time and place for everything, but protesting at a Veteran's funeral is neither.

Why does Westboro Baptist "Church" spring to mind?

Bring on the hot pokers.

Bill
12-15-2013, 1:27pm
There is a time and place for everything, but protesting at a Veteran's funeral is neither.

Why does Westboro Baptist "Church" spring to mind?

Bring on the hot pokers.

There is never a time and place for the police to falsely accuse civilians (journalists, or otherwise) of committing crimes. Even the Nazis didn't do that. They made the things they wanted crimes, THEN arrested and killed people. They didn't just make up crimes where there were none.

mrvette
12-15-2013, 1:47pm

WTF is THAT????:waiting::cert:

theriver
12-15-2013, 1:57pm
WTF is THAT????:waiting::cert:

I think Sea is referring to the supposed meanings when you spin let's say a Beatles album backwards on a turntable and hidden meanings are revealed.

As far as the gov't, esp this one, they have shown their hand as be as comtemptible and corrupt as it gets. Wasn't it former Chief of Staff Rahm Emmanuel who brashly stated for the record "never let a crisis go to waste". Sick shit.