PDA

View Full Version : Anybody stayed at the Venetian in Vegas?

DJ_Critterus
12-13-2013, 5:12pm
Well??

How was it? What's the best package deal to get with a room? Obviously I can't afford the stuff that's a few grand a night, so what's good at a decent price?

Sea Six
12-13-2013, 5:13pm
I stayed at a place that had Venetian blinds once.

They were a little dirty. Well, not so much dirty as dusty.

They weren't the little mini-blinds. They were the wide, old, 1960's, big aluminum things.

They were kinda scary-looking, to tell the truth. I was afraid to touch 'em. In fact, I was afraid to touch pretty much anything in the room. I didn't go in the bathroom at all. I peed in the planter.

They had an ice bucket on the counter. I used it as a chamber pot. I'm pretty sure I'm the first one that ever used it for that, but I couldn't swear to it.

It was love-bug season. All the cars had love bugs covering the front ends pretty heavily. The next day, there were a bunch of yellow jackets all over the front of the cars. I remember that.

DJ_Critterus
12-13-2013, 5:14pm

I hope you kept them closed so nobody could see you and get sick. :D

Blademaker
12-13-2013, 5:19pm
We stayed at the Venetian this past October, and we liked it a helluva lot.

Not that much $$$, great shops, eat at the messican restaurant next to the "River" where the gondolas are. Not bad.

Sin City brewery sells their beers at a little walk up pub.
Decent beers.

MrPeabody
12-13-2013, 5:22pm

They were a little dirty. Well, not so much dirty as dusty.

They weren't the little mini-blinds. They were the wide, old, 1960's, big aluminum things.

They were kinda scary-looking, to tell the truth. I was afraid to touch 'em. In fact, I was afraid to touch pretty much anything in the room. I didn't go in the bathroom at all. I peed in the planter.

They had an ice bucket on the counter. I used it as a chamber pot. I'm pretty sure I'm the first one that ever used it for that, but I couldn't swear to it.

It was love-bug season. All the cars had love bugs covering the front ends pretty heavily. The next day, there were a bunch of yellow jackets all over the front of the cars. I remember that.

Sounds like the opening scene in a Quentin Tarantino movie.

Sea Six
12-13-2013, 5:30pm
Sounds like the opening scene in a Quentin Tarantino movie.

Actually, it's a dream sequence from an off, off, off, off-Broadway play I'm writing.

Been writing, I should say, for the past fifteen years.

ft laud mike
12-15-2013, 10:03am
Well??

How was it? What's the best package deal to get with a room? Obviously I can't afford the stuff that's a few grand a night, so what's good at a decent price?

I stayed there a long while back (maybe 2003 or 2004), i got their "regular room", it was nice , sunken living room. I wouldn't see the reason to get anything better/ bigger if you are going by yourself or with friends where you will be cavorting/ drinking/ gambling/ debauchery as you probably wont spend much time in the room. i took a red eye flight out, landed at around 1100 pm, put my backpack down and out the door I went, woke up around 1100 am still clothed ,with two full buckets of dollar coins which had spilled all over the bed. IIRC I went to blackjack first, won a little, went over to bar & played the video poker where I won $800 (I know nothing about poker, it was slow & the bartender was helping me out) he got $40 and i wobbled back to my room (free booze while playing), the next two nights got more interesting:leaving:

...Whitepower...
12-15-2013, 11:53am
Got hitched at the Venetian. Got pics with us in a gondola and all.

Time for another romantic get away with your mom?:D

DJ_Critterus
12-15-2013, 1:38pm
Got hitched at the Venetian. Got pics with us in a gondola and all.

Time for another romantic get away with your mom?:D

Nah. Not this time. Going to see the chick who i will be going on a cruise with in March.

American Made
12-15-2013, 4:00pm
It is very nice but I'll tell you my experience. Stayed there 3 months after it opened and was impressed, everything was perfect. Went back just 2 years later and even in a very nice suite there were carpet stains and I was surprised how worn parts of the hotel looked. I'm sure they've done better since, they'd have to. The gondola part is fun and given the volume that goes through that place I'm sure they've nailed down carpets, walls, visual wear items, etc..

DJ_Critterus
12-16-2013, 11:30am
The Hottie McHotterson I am going there to see says that it's a lot better now. We shall see ;)