PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to go sledding?

snide
12-13-2013, 1:46pm
national lampoons christmas vacation - sled wax - YouTube

GRN ENVY
12-13-2013, 1:49pm
I'd go for a ride

mrvette
12-13-2013, 1:53pm
:issues::rofl: I did a run like that, decades ago....but only twice.....

:lol:

OldSarge
12-13-2013, 4:23pm
Funniest Christmas movie ever !!!!!

JRD77VET
12-13-2013, 8:30pm
:issues::rofl: I did a run like that, decades ago....but only twice.....

:lol:

My late friend Karl worked a company that made fiberglass parts. He made a fiberglass toboggan. ( early 80s , I was early 20s )

We went at night to local big hill aptly named "Suicide Hill". ( Lederach,Pa for the locals ) We had it waxed pretty good. The toboggan held 6 of us and we started down the hill. I was on the back, in a backhoe intertube spray with silicone, with my feet being held by the last person.

The toboggan started down the hill and we easily hit 30 plus mph. Karl made one mistake in design, runners to keep the toboggan straight :willy:

We went sideways for a bit before the edge dug in and flipped everybody off the toboggan. As the person holding my feet crashed, they send me spinning down the hill. Towards the trees with now way to steer and no safe way to bail.

I went about 50 yards into the woods without killing myself :hurray:

Torqaholic
12-13-2013, 9:19pm
Too old for that anymore but I bet I can remember every run I ever made.

mrvette
12-14-2013, 4:56pm
Too old for that anymore but I bet I can remember every run I ever made.

Wooden it be great to be kids again, toss our asses into the air and somehow survive......

I remember my son Tom had a friend from Latin America, Embassy type.....and so we took Paulo with us tubing on the upper Potomac river.....I didn't intend to toss Paulo SO high in the air, Tom was watching, and yelled, HE's OFF!!!

I turned around and looked and here is the ~10 y/o kid upside down hands/arms out looking like a cheer leader, headfirst into the water at 35 mph.....I almost shit at the glimpse I got.....stopped the boat, come on up to him wondering how in hell I going to recover a dead body, and the affects on Tom......kids bobs around and yells, THAT was the BEST RIDE EVER!@!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::seasix::issues:

obviously he had a life vest on......DUHHHHH!!!!