PDA

View Full Version : Operators Ground Model of Chopper That Crashed

onedef92
12-12-2013, 12:17pm
Operators Ground Model of Chopper That Crashed

LONDON December 12, 2013

A 10th person has died following the crash of a police helicopter into a Glasgow pub, police said Thursday, as a British transport company said it was grounding all its helicopters of the type involved in the crash after detecting a technical problem on a recent flight.

Bond Air Services, operator of the Eurocopter EC135 Type 2 chopper that crashed Nov. 29, said another EC135 in its fleet experienced "an indication defect" on Wednesday that requires further investigation.

It offered no further explanation, but said it had suspended operation of all 22 of the copters.

British investigators had said there was no initial evidence of engine failure in the police helicopter that crashed into The Clutha pub.

The helicopter's crew — a civilian pilot and two police officers — were among the dead and Scotland police said Thursday a 10th person, who had been receiving treatment since the accident, had died at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary.

More than 30 people were injured in the accident.

Cybercowboy
12-12-2013, 12:22pm
Every couple of years I see a helicopter run the power lines around Joplin. It is a tiny chopper and the guy that flies it is either the man or a maniac. He flies it at line level, zipping around with the blades mere feet from the poles and lines. It makes me nervous just watching him do it. :willy:

Doug28450
12-12-2013, 12:31pm
Every couple of years I see a helicopter run the power lines around Joplin. It is a tiny chopper and the guy that flies it is either the man or a maniac. He flies it at line level, zipping around with the blades mere feet from the poles and lines. It makes me nervous just watching him do it. :willy:

You may be on TV someday.

Stangkiller
12-12-2013, 12:34pm

I'm sure they'll find somebody that lives in a trailer park for that interview. :yesnod:

Cybercowboy

I was on TV earlier this year. Local news station interviewed me standing on the #1 tee box, about what I thought of a new law to lower the DUI level from 0.8% to 0.5%. I was quite colorful in my opinion. :dance:

onedef92

Sounds like that joker might be, too.

Cybercowboy
12-12-2013, 12:37pm
Sounds like that joker might be, too.

He's actually working for Empire District Electric. He has special video equipment on the chopper and he films all the power lines quickly as possible, and they can then leisurely have a group of people study the film to see potential problems. Apparently they like his work because they hire him year after year.

Mike Mercury
12-12-2013, 12:59pm
Eurocopter

I'd trust one of those... about as far as I could throw an Airbus airplane.

Aerovette
12-12-2013, 1:35pm
I'd trust one of those... about as far as I could throw an Airbus airplane.

You actually don't have to throw them. Sometimes they can fly.

jaxgator
12-12-2013, 2:28pm
I was on TV earlier this year. Local news station interviewed me standing on the #1 tee box, about what I thought of a new law to lower the DUI level from 0.8% to 0.5%. I was quite colorful in my opinion. :dance:

Link?